Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Must play Tettey tomorrow

Again, agreed, we have not been playing well enough

I agree too. Tettey played really well with Johnson. Howson, despite playing with Johnson at Leeds, just isn''t good enough.

I think Whittaker actually helps our passing accuracy, he steadies the ship if you like. So Tettey and Whittaker, agreed.

We are all in agreement then![:O][:O][:O]  Well funkin knock me over with a funkin feather! 

I must have come onto the wrong website?  On the Pinkun, everyone agreed, no nasty name calling or off topic nonsense![:O][:O][:O]

NBS pours himself another Remy to check he''s not hallucinating[*-)][D][:S]

Just out of interest who gets dropped for Whittaker?

Personally i''d love to see him in the team, i think he was great before his injury, but it''s harsh on Martin. Benno was probably our best player against Swansea so if we are bringing him onto the right of midfield again its harsh. But managers are there to make tough decisions.

I agree I''d like to see a fully fit Tettey for Arsenal (although unlike most i think Howson has been improving) but is it a match fit Tettey that would be playing? Don''t think he looked very sharp for his cameo last weekend.

I will be surprised if Tettey doesn''t start instead of Howson today. I suspect the only reason he hasn''t started of late is due to fitness concerns after his fairly lengthy injury.

I, too, would like to see Whitaker return at right back and ''rest'' Martin. I don''t think there is anything unfair about giving the guy a break for a week; he has worked his socks off of late. If Whitaker has a stormer then Martin may face a fight to win the place back but if Whitaker has a stinker Martin can return refreshed for the more winnable games.

.....but if Whitaker has a stinker....

That''s the problem. Russell is remarkably consistent. Whittaker may well be also - may have a brilliant game himself - but Hughton probably doesn''t want to risk it.

Many here would take that risk ( I might myself ), but then, we''ve got nothing to lose ...

I''d play the improving Howson in place of Hoolahans position and have Tetty in the middle with Johnson!

two schools of thought for me.    As this is a likely no points game for us should we save ruddy,  tettey, wes and kei for the games where they can have the biggest impact and rest them today so they are fresh for next week and in doing so virtually give up on getting points todya,  and perhaps experiment (eg with Howson sat just off holt or becchio) or field our strongest team in the hope of gaining a point?

Personally strongest team for me,  which means keeping wes (really dont see Howson as improving all) and Kei,  and replacing Howson with Tettey.   Start with Benno after his good display last week (only effective midfielder) and introduce Pilks for 15-25 mins if fit and needed. 

Preferred team

Bunn

Martin Bassong Turner Garrido

Tettey  BJ (Fox)

Benno      Wes         Snodgrass

Kei

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]I thought Tettey was excellent today and showed how much we missed him.[/quote]

Agreed - awesome sat in front of the back 4, not do hot when in the opponents half - but my motm non the less

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]I thought Tettey was excellent today and showed how much we missed him.[/quote] Agreed - awesome sat in front of the back 4, not do hot when in the opponents half - but my motm non the less[/quote]

I thought it was great to have him and his energy back but MOTM is a bit of a stretch, in my opinion.

Thought there were probably at least two or three players who had better games.

Turner easily MOTM!

But Tettey did OK, poor to begin with but got better as the game went on - but so did most of the team.

I think the key is getting Pilks back, we''ve missed him a LOT