Sign in to follow this  
CrunchCrumble

A good thing?

I was gutted about today''s result and the incidents which lead to them but I am now wondering if the manner of our defeat could actually be a good thing.

This wasn''t a game we expected to get much from but we very nearly did, so will the performance give the team some belief going into the last games?

They''ll also be pretty fired up and determined to right the wrongs of yesterday so I''m feeling positive.

When we''re desperate for points, and we may have got one or even three points, it can''t possibly be a good thing. The only positive I can take is a willingness by Hughton, at last, to change formation/tactics prior to a match even if I would have given Becchio a run for half an hour or so in place of Holt.

We managed, at last to get two strikers in the formation which will be so important for Reading. Obviously, this is now the defining match of our season. The problem is when games are reduced to that of cup finals as we know random mistakes by both officials or players are of increased significance.

Reading isn''t yet a must win but it is a "really should win" and I''m confident we will even if they held Liverpool yesterday (largely due to their goalkeeper).  Don''t forget we still have Villa at home.

It''s not a must win in the sense that failure makes it mathematically impossible to stay up. I really think it''s a must win in the sense that failure would make it improbable that we will stay up. In my opinion, we''ve more chance against West Brom than Villa but the relegation pressure at that point would be so intense that the outcome of the match would be in the lap of the gods.

Well frankly I''d prefer to have come back with the 3 points but I suppose if you have to lose at arsenal it''s better to lose to the officials.

Reading certainly not a must-win but a win would be a huge step towards survival

Highland - do you still think QPR have a good chance of staying up?