Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Warnock tapping us up?

Warnock has come out in our defence today over the dodgy decisions.

Is he keeping us sweet.... just in case there is a vacancy in the summer? After all he is out of work.

So all of you ''Hughton Outers'' ...is this the man you would like to see as our manager?

If not, who did you have in mind?

To be fair to Colin, he has always been pretty warm towards us, other than when he has been in the other dugout. I remember a couple of year ago when he was a pundit for one of our matches, he told the anchor man how well he got with Delia''s mum, and how he admired the intensity of our local support. And I agree; he''s good as a neutral; talks a lot of sense and isn''t in thrall to the so called big clubs.

I''ve always liked Warnock to be honest, he always gets worked up and wants to beat us so badly because we rejected him as a manager but I''ve always respected him for having the balls to say how he really feels in post match interviews and at Championship level he''s a good manager!

In no way , shape or form should you consider taking on this man.He''s a fraud who signed his mates on long contracts , employs ugly outdated tactics and basically isn''t very good.

Warnock is 64 so i think his days of ''tapping up'' clubs for a job are long gone. I would think he will just take whatever comes his way as surely it will be his last job ?

He''s got a bit of the panto villain about him but his managerial record is more than decent considering the budgets he''s had to work with.I would have liked him at Carrow Road but can''t see it happening now.

He''s enjoying being without a club and therefore free to pretty much say what he likes in the media.

He doesn''t like the way the smaller clubs seem to suffer from all manner of bad decisions in the game-has happened to him on a few occasions-so could relate and empathise with how we were feeling yesterday and expressed it.

He won''t be Manager here now.

Infact, far from sacking Hughton if we went down (and hopefully we can put that worry to bed over the next couple of games) I think club and board would immediately back him and announce that his job was safe and they had faith in him getting us back up. The seven year plan or whatever it was took into account a relegation from the Premier League after one season and if, IF, it was to happen after two, it wouldn''t trigger a change on the managerial front.

Besides, with a mandate to get us straight back up again at the first attempt who the hell is out there who might be seen as a better bet to do it than the man currently in-situ?

Warnock is happy in his little Cornish hideaway and media work, a few days a week as a Director of Football or a similar post, one that keeps him in the game but away from the pressures of day to day management would suit him fine. Mind you, if Bristol City go down, I wouldn''t put it past him to end up there.

Ok Shuck i will bite at the who might be better. My list are as follows.

Gus Poyet - My choice last summer still my first choice

Roberto D Matteo - Out of work Champions League and FA cup winning manager.

Malky Makay - Will probably stay with Cardiff but has obvious Norwich connections

Martin O''Neill - Worked here before under a lot more testing times can see him going to Leicester should Pearson go but still a top manager despite his time at Sunderland

As Southampton have also shown their are some real gems of overseas managers also who would be able to do a job although many on here would not want them "Cause they jus aint local Neil"