Come on Holty, don''t let the tw*ts get you down.   There''s  a lot of cr*p being thrown around about you, but its a minority of idiots that are doing it.   The vast majority want you to do well and are behind you and the team.   On this board the negative view is out of proportion to what most fans think.  Most of us realise how tough it is playing in the premiership and the lack of clear cut chances the front men are getting this season.   So carry on what you are doing, keep positive and doing what you do for the team and we know you still have the goals.    And to any of you keyboard warriors who will have a go at me for putting forward a positive view -                   

I don''t think he visits this forum, my friend. Nice sentiment though.

Nobody''s having a go at you for having a positive view. They''re having a go at you for being patronising and creating multiple threads with the same theme or topic.

Or in this case creating a thread which is never going to be read by GH...

BW''s Cat Nobody''s having a go at you for having a positive view. They''re having a go at you for being patronising and creating multiple threads with the same theme or topic.

Or in this case creating a thread which is never going to be read by GH...

I''m well aware of that,  puss,  it''s supposed to be a sentiment that other might echo and in that way may have some positive resonance with people.  As for creating patronising threads, if that''s what they are, I''d rather be patronising than negative. 

Are you not starting to realise that no one actually cares about your opinion?

[quote user="morty"]Are you not starting to realise that no one actually cares about your opinion?[/quote]

I knew this would happen.    I don''t care what people think!  I''m here to post about the football, not pander to people.  Get used to it.Anymore want to have a go, while you''re at it?  Or can we keep it to the football - or just ignore it if you "don''t care". 

Whoever has the right or wrong about this, and it is hardly clear cut at the moment, I want GH starting against Reading and for the remainder of our games.

Let Hoots and McNally deal with the gritty bits in the Summer and after the big man has made sure we survive.

If this has to be one last push for old time''s sake, then make it a good ''un Holty. Even your biggest critics will not bet against that.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="morty"]Are you not starting to realise that no one actually cares about your opinion?[/quote]

I knew this would happen.    I don''t care what people think!  I''m here to post about the football, not pander to people.  Get used to it.Anymore want to have a go, while you''re at it?  Or can we keep it to the football - or just ignore it if you "don''t care". 

[/quote]You should have another strop and flounce off again.Now THAT was funny.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Whoever has the right or wrong about this, and it is hardly clear cut at the moment, I want GH starting against Reading and for the remainder of our games.

Let Hoots and McNally deal with the gritty bits in the Summer and after the big man has made sure we survive.

If this has to be one last push for old time''s sake, then make it a good ''un Holty. Even your biggest critics will not bet against that.

[/quote]
This

[quote user="lake district canary"]The vast majority want you to do well [/quote]100% of City supporters want GH to do well but 95% of City supporters can see with their own eyes that, for one reason or another, he''s currently not up to it.

BW''s Cat "I don''t care what people think!"

Aaaaand there we have it.

I don''t care what people think about me, dipstick.  I care what people have to say about players, manager, club etc,  I just don''t don''t care what your views are on me personally.  Its irrelevant, unless your trying to create a "status" for yourself  -  and you and Morty and co  know all about that.  The one and only reason I come on here is to talk football.  Its not rocket science, perhaps you should try it.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Get a life Morty.

[/quote]I have a fantastic one thanks.Part of it involves laughing at you on here.I am fine with this balance.[:)]

LDC, you were aware this thread would receive this reaction and you knew Holt wouldn''t read your love letter.... so, can I ask, why?

[quote user="Stig"]LDC, you were aware this thread would receive this reaction and you knew Holt wouldn''t read your love letter.... so, can I ask, why?[/quote]Its the same type of attention seeking that Wiz employed.

Ok, Mr. LDC here, attention seeker no 1.     To start with, if anyone is bothered, I wrote the thread as a letter to GH just to put a slightly different slant on the issues that surround him.    All it did was provoke people into a reaction.  I expected an opposite reaction to my views about GH,  hence the caveat.   Did not expect the personal stuff.   Should have known better.   But believe me, it was a football thread about a football topic and a reaction against all the rubbish that is spoken about GH every day.  Anything that appears not about the football is just personal stuff against me.  They are wasting their time.

The most important thing to turn our attention to now is that we''re in grave danger of being relegated. I just don''t see where the win is gonna come from atm. Don''t shoot me, it''s the truth dare I say

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]The most important thing to turn our attention to now is that we''re in grave danger of being relegated. I just don''t see where the win is gonna come from atm. Don''t shoot me, it''s the truth dare I say[/quote]

The most important thing from my point of view is to get our best players playing at their best.   No one can argue that GH has not been one of our best players right up to last season.   And he has put in some really good performances this season.    We need him to be on top form and its about time the people who write him off all the time realised that he is still our best bet to score the goals.   What he needs are chances.   One went begging yesterday when he beat his defender on the far post and a simple cross along in front of goal would have put him in -  but the ball went nowhere near him.   He is trying and he is not getting  the service he needs.    We simply have to get behind our players.   Whoever Hughton puts on the pitch for a match, that is who we should support.  The way some folk go on about GH on here is ridiculous.   He is still the best bet we have got for scoring a winning goal.  Time every one got behind him.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Ok, Mr. LDC here, attention seeker no 1.     To start with, if anyone is bothered, I wrote the thread as a letter to GH just to put a slightly different slant on the issues that surround him.    All it did was provoke people into a reaction.  I expected an opposite reaction to my views about GH,  hence the caveat.   Did not expect the personal stuff.   Should have known better.   But believe me, it was a football thread about a football topic and a reaction against all the rubbish that is spoken about GH every day.  Anything that appears not about the football is just personal stuff against me.  They are wasting their time.

[/quote]That cuts both ways LDC.Yes, there''s a lot of rubbish on here about Holt that''s way OTT, especially some of the personal abuse directed at him. But there''s also plenty from those who cannot bear any criticism of him and say that everything in the garden''s rosy.You probably don''t get to many games but if you did you''d be blind not to see that his whole demeanour is different right now and he''s a shadow of his former self. Of course we want him to come good and get the goals to see us safe but the way things are at the moment I just can''t see it happening.I''m more than happy to see him confound his doubters but if he does he needs to do it pretty sharpish.