Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

MOTD

Watching MOTD, I was staggered by the linesmans performance. How could he:-miss the goalkick directly in front of him, but a gave a corner which led to the penalty-then spot an incredibly tame penalty right across a crowded penalty area (replays show there were people in front of Giroud/Kamara)-then miss the clear offside just prior to the 3rd goal(plus how could the ref defer to the linesmans decision. There was no way the linesman could be clear about what he thought he saw!)He looked pretty pleased with his performance at the final whistle.One does wonder if match fixing still exists? Is there any post match process whereby the officials perfomances are reviewed, so that he might be dropped in future games for some appallingly bad decisions

Watching it on MOTD last night I don''t understand how the penalty decision was awarded. The referee is RIGHT THERE, and chooses not to give it. The linesman has a side on view past 6 other players and give it. He cannot be sure from that distance, not for such a massive decision.As for the 3rd goal, if he can''t give an offside when it''s 5 yards in front of him he doesn''t deserve to officiate.

Them decisions apart from giving a corner instead of a goal kick cause that happens every other game, would not have been given for Norwich against Arsenal at the Emirates!

[quote user="kingsway"]Them decisions apart from giving a corner instead of a goal kick cause that happens every other game, would not have been given for Norwich against Arsenal at the Emirates![/quote]

Actually I agreed with Hanson - sod the fact whether it was a corner or not, if the Arsenal player made not contact with the ball he made contact with Snodgrass ergo it is a free kick for a foul.

It''s rubbish, utter rubbish. It''s not the first time this season though is it? Sunderland too, where we got not one, not two, but three bad decisions.

There is no way Bunn deliberately hand balled so at worse a free kick. The offside not given for the player who then pressured Basson into a very debatable hand ball and then not giving a penalty for the Sunderland hand ball that happened in the area and instead a free kick outside of the area.

So it is a number of games we seem to be getting a raw deal out of now. And like others have said, you get told swings and round-a-bouts but all we seem to get is the rug pulled from under our feet!

I can''t get it out of my mind, you can take an honest defeat, But that match was without doubt fixed, and Arsenal bought the 3 points, nothing will convince me otherwise, and Wenger was back to his Best, "I DIDN''T SEE IT" I still believe also that the FA are Corrupt they will not do anything about match fixing because they are in on it  

I was very disappointed that the MOTD pundits didn''t highlight the illegal tugging of Giroud on Bassong which secured their second goal ... unlike Goals on Sunday.

At the end of the day though - when you fail to win matches for as long as we have these refereeing errors feel worse and cause a lot more damage.

Every team gets decisions against them and we got a controversial penalty decision in our favour against Saints!

We soon got over the countless penalty awards against us at the start of last season when we made them less of a significance by sticking the ball in the net ourselves most games. 

We will relegate ourselves not the officials.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]

I was very disappointed that the MOTD pundits didn''t highlight the illegal tugging of Giroud on Bassong which secured their second goal ... unlike Goals on Sunday.

At the end of the day though - when you fail to win matches for as long as we have these refereeing errors feel worse and cause a lot more damage.

Every team gets decisions against them and we got a controversial penalty decision in our favour against Saints!

We soon got over the countless penalty awards against us at the start of last season when we made them less of a significance by sticking the ball in the net ourselves most games. 

We will relegate ourselves not the officials.

[/quote]

Goals on Sunday highlighted it very well Chris Kamara was well on our side,