Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Brigham

Di Canio will keep us up

Here''s a blog wot I wrote for the site on Friday on why Di Canio''s appointment at Sunderland is a disaster for them, but good news for Norwich. Haven''t changed my mind following their defeat to Chelsea ... and blaming the fitness levels of the Sunderland players is sugarcoating the lack of quality there. You can read it here Interesting that a few people who thought Sunderland were right to sack O''Neill are now saying we should replace Hughton with him ...

I actually think Di Canio is their best chance.Speaking to a Sunderland fan he told me that all the passion has gone from the club. Give the other names touted like Mark Hughes and Steve Maclaren, I think they actually made a pretty good choice.

Interesting Morty and Sussexyellow. Where do you see their points coming from?

They looked decent first half yesterday (against a pretty tired Chelsea side) but very quickly ran out of ideas and belief.

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]Interesting Morty and Sussexyellow. Where do you see their points coming from?

They looked decent first half yesterday (against a pretty tired Chelsea side) but very quickly ran out of ideas and belief.[/quote]I didn''t say I thought he would keep them up, I still think they are screwed!

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]Ah yes, good point![/quote]Obviously, technically its still possible they could survive, and he represents their best chance of doing so. I just don''t think its very likely.They will play with more passion, but ultimately come up short on actual quality, I believe a few of their better players have got injured at just the wrong time.

If Sunderland survive it will be in spite of Di Canio.

Panic appointment, a real last roll of the dice. The guy is as mad as a box of frogs, I honestly think that they might as well have appointed the Chuckle Brothers.

OK. The Newcastle game is a concern - form book goes out of the window in local derbies. Everton have been generous to out of form teams this season. Gave Reading their first win, not to mention providing us with our only win this year. Stoke and Southampton at home also have the potential to be productive.
My concern is that we have so little confidence, understandably so, in our own form that we are desperately results watching and hoping that somebody else will do us a favour. I have said all along that we need to get sufficient of our own points then we do not need to worry about what everybody else is doing. I heard people saying on Saturday that on 35 points we could already be safe. I think that''s nonsense the mark could be well be around 40 this year. 
We need to pick up three points and soon!

I think it''s fair to say that no-one has any idea really of what effect DiCanio will have. They could go on an amazing adrenalin fuelled mini run and send us or Wigan or Stoke down, or it could end up being a disaster. So it is virtually pointless to predict their results. however I do think they have a good chance of getting a couple of wins against Stoke and Saints.

Bottom line is we absolutely must beat Reading and pick up a couple of points from WBA, Aston Villa, Stoke.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Bottom line is we absolutely must beat Reading and pick up a couple of points from WBA, Aston Villa, Stoke.

[/quote]
[Y]

[quote user="Daniel Brigham"]Here''s a blog wot I wrote for the site on Friday on why Di Canio''s appointment at Sunderland is a disaster for them, but good news for Norwich. Haven''t changed my mind following their defeat to Chelsea ... and blaming the fitness levels of the Sunderland players is sugarcoating the lack of quality there. You can read it here Interesting that a few people who thought Sunderland were right to sack O''Neill are now saying we should replace Hughton with him ...[/quote]
Well Daniel if I see you goose stepping and nazi saluting your way round Brighton I will still say hello!