Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Cheated out of three points

Well in a perhaps futile gesture I have complained to FIFA about the game using some of the evidence on this site. Waste of time I am sure but makes me feel a little better

[quote user="Hog"]Well in a perhaps futile gesture I have complained to FIFA about the game using some of the evidence on this site. Waste of time I am sure but makes me feel a little better[/quote]Oh dear. How sad.Unfortunately the best team won. Why do our fans embarrass themselves whenever we lose.

[quote user="Al"][quote user="Hog"]Well in a perhaps futile gesture I have complained to FIFA about the game using some of the evidence on this site. Waste of time I am sure but makes me feel a little better[/quote]Oh dear. How sad.Unfortunately the best team won. Why do our fans embarrass themselves whenever we lose.[/quote]
Because we have a rare known passion in the world of football fandom and won''t take a simple no for an answer. There needs to be positive action, visible amongst the masses, lest we all doze off into a erroneous slumber.

That was a really bitter pill to swallow. I still cannot fathom why the referee who is 6 yards from the incident has relied upon his assistant who is 40 yards away looking through a crowded penalty to give that decision. I can understand the anger on here. We were effectively 5 minutes from safety. To have that torn out of your hands is absolutely gut wrenching.

However what happens next in the story is entirely up to us. What happened today will define our season one or another. We have to let this one go and look forward rather than thinking about what might have been. If the response of the players and fans is correct we have 3 very winnable home games and another very winnable game away at Stoke. We can still definitely get over the finish line.

It''s strange how none of you are mentioning the soft foul that led to the Norwich goal, penalty on Walcott not given and constant unpunished norwich time wasting from start to finish.

Still, if you need to blame the officials I guess you have to blame someone. If you''d seen some of the decisions that have gone against arsenal this season you''d be unlikely to believe your conspiracy theories.

[quote user="Oohtobe"]It''s strange how none of you are mentioning the soft foul that led to the Norwich goal, penalty on Walcott not given and constant unpunished norwich time wasting from start to finish.

Still, if you need to blame the officials I guess you have to blame someone. If you''d seen some of the decisions that have gone against arsenal this season you''d be unlikely to believe your conspiracy theories.[/quote]"the soft foul that led to the Norwich goal" You admit it was a foul then. Doh messed that one up didn''t you? [:D]Shoulder to shoulder is not a foul, Walcott just needs to beef up a bit.Tine wasting, yes we did but we''d have soon stopped if the ref had been any good and booked one of our players, more a reflection on the refs weakness than us I''d say.Too embarrassed or just being selective to point out the shirt pulling on Kamara at the corner that was clearly a goal kick are we?Too embarrassed or just being selective to point out the shirt pulling for the second goal?Too embarrassed or just being selective to point out the foul on the defender coupled with the flick on to a clearly offside Walcott spookily enough once again right in front of the dodgy linesman for your third?You know we were cheated and you got lucky and were gifted the game in the last few minutes, save your blubbing about decisions going against you for people who care.....

So the ref was weak for both sides then? I thought all the officials were anti Norwich? By a soft foul a meant soft free kick by the way. I''m not sure it was a foul at all.

Was it a corner? Probably not.

Did Norwich gave the chance to defend it? Yes

Was girouds shirt being pulled? Yes

Is that I penalty? Yes.

Arsenal got lucky yesterday I''ll happily admit that. I was just pointing out the fact that you can take decisions in isolation throughout the game to prove a point.

I think the idea that the big clubs get all the decisions is one trotted out by the smaller teams whenever anything goes against them.

Anyway, enjoy the rest of the season. Good luck staying up.

Oohtobe, watch your 2nd goal and the clear shirt pull on Bassong and tell me how thats any different from the penalty given? No one has mentioned how Sagna was lucky to stay on the pitch after a high foot that came down on johnson thigh with his studs, having already been booked. I would say all 4 goals were debatable and have read elsewhere that Arsenal have never lost with that linesman. Coinsidence!

Yeah, you''re right it''s all a bit anti Norwich conspiracy. It''d be a shame if you got relegated.

Oohtobe, i''ll take a punt assuming you''re an Arsenal fan that you therefore weren''t at the game.

Was it a corner? No

Did norwich have the chance to defend it? Yes, and we did.

Was girouds shirt being pulled? Yes, as was Kamaras

Is that a penalty? Clearly not. See above.

Then scoring an offside goal same linesman 5 minutes later.

SO because of refereeing decisions a poor, very poor Arsenal side get away with 3 points they most certainly do not deserve.

Hopefully Tottenham recover, much rather them finish above Arsenal. Proper club. Proper ground, little bit of atmopshere as opposed to Emirates. Library.

I''ve had a season ticket for 20 years mate so that was a sensible comment. Atmosphere at the lane is similar to the emirates these days I''m afraid. Proper club? Proper ground? Well done.

It is a poor arsenal side I won''t argue with that but to be honest I think some of the comments from Norwich fans on here are embarrassing.

This is getting boring, you lost (possibly unluckily) get over it, blame the officials for yesterday if it makes you feel better. I''d be interested to see the excuses for the rest of the season so far.

There was no foul for the free kick. I''ve watched it several times and Gibbs never touched him. Theo Walcott was bumped for an obvious penalty that wasn''t given. How many offsides are missed every year? And regarding a very poor Arsenal side, how many chances did Arsenal create compared to Norwich? How much time did Bunn waste? Norwich score from a free kick that wasn''t, Arsenal get denied a blatant penalty on Walcott and you are not being objective.

The offside was a blatant one but how many of those are given every year? I have seen those drag back penalties given, not a lot but it happens. Penalties can be missed. Arsenal still needed to score the second goal.

It wasn''t the refereeing decisions that cost you. The decider was the second goal. There was nothing wrong with that one. You will feel aggrieved and you will say that the lineman cost you but I haven''t seen his name on the score sheet. I didn''t see him skip through three challenges and cross to Giroud. I didn''t see him pulling down Giroud.

Pulling someone down is normally given outside the box but a foul outside the box is a foul in the box as well, refs just normally aren''t brave enough to give it.

Why would there be excuses for the rest of the season? We are in a position we are and were expected to be in. Though that said there have been some awful decisions most notably sunderland away. It grates because that would but all have sealed our safety and it was wrongly taken away.

[quote user="Oohtobe"]I''ve had a season ticket for 20 years mate so that was a sensible comment. Atmosphere at the lane is similar to the emirates these days I''m afraid. Proper club? Proper ground? Well done.

It is a poor arsenal side I won''t argue with that but to be honest I think some of the comments from Norwich fans on here are embarrassing.

This is getting boring, you lost (possibly unluckily) get over it, blame the officials for yesterday if it makes you feel better. I''d be interested to see the excuses for the rest of the season so far.[/quote]Excuses for what? We''re outside the relegation zone which is the target for this season. However, we''d be practically safe it wasn''t for some seriously inept refereeing this season.P.S i think we''ve had one penalty all season. P.P.S oh and we missed it.

" there was nothing wrong with the 2nd goal". Watch it again and tell me how the shirt pull on bassong as he goes for the ball is any diffefent than the penalty? If one is given surely thats a free kick? Or like your manager have you got selected vision?

Giroud and Bassong both had their hands on each other, jostling for the space. Giroud was not stood still pulling on Bassong''s shirt till he fell down. You have Holt playing up front for you, a player who has made his name as a big strong centre forward. Jostling and jockeying for space, when two players both have their hands on each other is normal whilst you are both running. Standing still and pulling someone down so they can''t get to the ball is not. It was a soft one and they are not normally given but it was still a penalty. If Kamara doesn''t pull his shirt he doesn''t give the lineman an opportunity to give it.

If there was a conspiracy going on, the Walcott one was on the same side and it was a more obvious one to give and one that would attract less controversy and give Arsenal more time to score the winner. That''s the one any dodgy official would give. Not the one he gave. It was a penalty. Soft but a penalty.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Oohtobe"]I''ve had a season ticket for 20 years mate so that was a sensible comment. Atmosphere at the lane is similar to the emirates these days I''m afraid. Proper club? Proper ground? Well done.

This is getting boring, you lost (possibly unluckily) get over it, blame the officials for yesterday if it makes you feel better. I''d be interested to see the excuses for the rest of the season so far.[/quote]Excuses for what? We''re outside the relegation zone which is the target for this season. However, we''d be practically safe it wasn''t for some seriously inept refereeing this season.P.S i think we''ve had one penalty all season. P.P.S oh and we missed it.[/quote]

So penalties CAN be missed? I thought they were guaranteed goals?

Or if it was a conspiracy maybe by the time he gave the pen it looked like arsenal wouldn''t score on their own whereas at the time of the Walcott fall they looked like they might?

Also given both players were clearly pulling each others shirts how do you decide one was fouling the other?

If Kei hadn''t pulled his shirt and the arsenal player got to the ball first by pulling Kei back do you seriously think a goal would have been disallowed?

If you say so mate, i would say an arguement could be made for all four goals being harsh myself. Our goal on replay looked as though kamara tripped himself and enough has been said on your 3. At the end of the day you got the rub of the green that the ''bigger'' teams seem to get in this league. You must see the same when you play man u, city and chesea?

Arsenal have fallen so dramatically. It''s evident within their fanbase!They win due to big-team-favouring officials in the last few minutes at Home against a team out of form trying to stay in the Premier League and it''s as if they''ve won the league! I mean the fact they''ve even signed up to post on Norwich forums, what a small club mentality they have!Even if we''d have beaten Arsenal i wouldn''t be posting all over their forums.

Embarrassing doesn''t quite say it.

I wasn''t lucky enough to get tickets in with the Norwich fans yesterday but did get into the North Bank stand & had a good view from there.

The linesman missed the ball going out of play on two occasions that I saw one for us & one for Arsenal, one of them at least two feet over which was staggering.

I honestly think the fans sitting around me were just as amazed to get that penalty decision & I would bet that the majority wouldn''t have known (or cared anyway) what it was for.

I didn''t think the ref had a bad game to be fair but that linesman was awful all game.I went to St Mary''s in November & was lucky enough to be in with the Norwich fans, in quite a similar seating position to yesterday & that linesman was awful too.In my opinion I think that some of the officials are so scared of upsetting the home fans,particularly when it''s bigger clubs or of making mistakes which makes them nervous.The one at Southampton looked like a rabbit in headlights for most of the time whereas yesterday''s didn''t . . . . he was maybe concentrating on that large wedge going into his bank account.

You could argue that Norwich have fallen pretty dramatically too since beating sides in European competition and in that time we''ve built a new ground (although highbury was better). I think arsenal fans posting on here is more an attempt to point out that there were some decisions that went for and against both sides yesterday and it was not a result of cheating, big club bias or a conspiracy. At least stoke are losing eh? That''ll help in your relegation battle.