Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

If we change our manager tomorrow we stay up. Discuss.

New manager bounce is about as real as second season syndrome. (Read: Non-existent)

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]No No No dont give up GPB. Nutty and his mates are a magical bunch. Looking down on the likes of us who dare to suggest there is an alternative. You must remember twas Nutty who was criticising McNally earlier in the season. You must remember twas Nutty who has continually lauded Delia for her foresight in employing McNally and Bowkett. I rest my case m''lord. Nutty, I''ve said before and not wishing to sound slightly grovelly I''m sure you''re a really good old boy and we would have a good laugh over a pint but please credit some of us with a sense of humour, a different perspective of the club and manager and perhaps alternative knowledge. Hey Stoke losing so Huzzah!![/quote]

Now then Bury. It''s you and Mr Beard who are jumping on my opinions with a personal vendetta for want of a different word. Why should my views be less relevant because of my post count. It''s ridiculous. Neither of you have shown any intention of debating this thread with me. Now your using my post count as a get out clause.

What is wrong with me criticising McNally, Bowkett, Delia, Hughton, Lambert or anyone else at the club. Are my criticisms irrelevant because of my post count? Perhaps personal vendetta is the right word after all.

Now to address the thread topic. I believe that a change of manager is less likely to provide a positive bounce except for  cases where the present manager has lost the players confidence. I don''t see anything to suggest that''s the case here.

[quote user="Graham Paddon''s Beard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well...

How do you explain Wolves and Reading Mr Beard? On balance I think sides do worse immediately after a change of manager

How do you explain QPR, Southampton, Sunderland, oh and that lot down the road Mr Nigel? 

Dont forget we are talking here about two wins, That is all the OP refers to . And it says discuss, not leap on the poster immediately.  

And we will leave Reading as a discussion point until next week shall we? So far the New Manager has lost at Man U and drawn with Liverpool.

[/quote]QPR''s managerial change made very little difference, as did Reading''s. Southampton were doing pretty well already before they sacked Adkins, they were out of the relegation zone and SAF had said that Man United were lucky to beat Adkins''s Southampton.Granted Di Canio has done well, by given the players a massive kick up the arse, but if they''re problems run deeper (and they do) they''ll need to buy well in the summer.

Sorry - screwed up my quote blocks"QPR''s managerial change made very little difference, as did Reading''s.

Southampton were doing pretty well already before they sacked Adkins,

they were out of the relegation zone and SAF had said that Man United

were lucky to beat Adkins''s Southampton.Granted Di Canio has

done well, by given the players a massive kick up the arse, but if

they''re problems run deeper (and they do) they''ll need to buy well in

the summer."

In reply to Graham Paddon''s Beard post, won''t let me quote it for some reason.

I think Hughton will keep us up. I think 38/39 will keep you up this year, and with our 3 home games, considering we''ve only lost 3 times at home in the league all year, I think we will be able to scrape over the line.

An improvement is needed next season, and I believe Hughton will be the right man for that.

Just have to see how it all pans out.