Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Happy with a point?

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]I really don''t understand what people think they are going to gain from threads like this, there seems to be a similar one every day.[/quote]Just posting the stats and coming to the conclusion that we do not put enough emphasis on winning these games.  We have scored 10 goals in 15 games against the bottom half, and 21 in 18 against the top half.[/quote]To what end? We can all read stats.You''re like a fan of another team trying to prove Norwich are cr@p[/quote]

Well, the end could be our relegation.

[/quote]Ah, and of course whining endlessly about it for the last 4 months will change the outcome.

[quote user="Stig"][quote user="Hannibal II"]i was just disproving your statement that you said if we lost more games than we drew we would be worse off. I don''t know why you insult someones intelligence just because they have a opposing opinion to yours. Bloke called Hitler didn''t really like people with different views to him and look how he tuned out![/quote]

A) You''ve not disproven squat. You doctored something to help suit you. And consequently failed. 

B) If we lose. Nil Pois. If we draw. One Point. You understand that, yes? We have drawn fourteen games. That''s fourteen points. If we lose those games, that''s fourteen points less. Now that isn''t hard to fathom, surely?

C) I''m just concerned you don''t have any, you don''t seem to be capable of understanding the basic points I am putting over. 

D) Dead. Because other''s didn''t agree with him. But that is a whole ''nother matter not meant for this forum.

[/quote]

The problem is Stig that you arrogantly believe 14 points from 14 games is a good return, when 4 wins, 8 defeats and two draws would also be enough to secure those points. That is relegation form.

We got some different tactics and personnel yesterday and a more convincing performance. It''s opportunities squandered at home Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and even Swansea that''s of greater relevance.

[quote user="morty"]To what end? We can all read stats.You''re like a fan of another team trying to prove Norwich are cr@p[/quote]What do you want me to post.  That I am really happy with the ''play for a point no matter the opposition'' mentality?  I agree with the defensive mentality in games like yesterday.  But playing the same way against the bottom half has resulted in 3 wins in 15 matches.Why do you expect any different than people, questioning the tactics, formations and selections, when we are on a run of 1 win in 16 league games.

Its like Groundhog thread.Waaaaah we don''t score enough goals.Waaaaah we draw too many games.Waaaaah our players aren''t good enough.Waaaaah Why don''t we play Fox.Repeat and repeat until we stay up, then likely repeat next season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]To what end? We can all read stats.You''re like a fan of another team trying to prove Norwich are cr@p[/quote]What do you want me to post.  That I am really happy with the ''play for a point no matter the opposition'' mentality?  I agree with the defensive mentality in games like yesterday.  But playing the same way against the bottom half has resulted in 3 wins in 15 matches.Why do you expect any different than people, questioning the tactics, formations and selections, when we are on a run of 1 win in 16 league games.[/quote]Yeah you said. In every single thread.

I find it utterly ridiculous that after an amazing performance yesterday, only being outdone by a lino that clearly had money riding on the game, the same, boring old whiners can only be negative.You''re not supporters of this club.

[quote user="morty"]Yeah you said. In every single thread.[/quote]I have hardly posted... As it stands, if Sunderland hold on right now, one win in Wigan''s two games in hand puts us a single point off the relegation zone with 5 to play.  Lets hope Newcastle turn this around because as it stands, we are being dragged into the mire.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]Yeah you said. In every single thread.[/quote]I have hardly posted... As it stands, if Sunderland hold on right now, one win in Wigan''s two games in hand puts us a single point off the relegation zone with 5 to play.  Lets hope Newcastle turn this around because as it stands, we are being dragged into the mire.[/quote]You may as well get yourself to B&Q now and buy some rope.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]I really don''t understand what people think they are going to gain from threads like this, there seems to be a similar one every day.
[/quote]

Just posting the stats and coming to the conclusion that we do not put enough emphasis on winning these games. 

We have scored 10 goals in 15 games against the bottom half, and 21 in 18 against the top half.
[/quote]

To what end? We can all read stats.

You''re like a fan of another team trying to prove Norwich are cr@p
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah, and of course whining endlessly about it for the last 4 months will change the outcome.
[/quote]

That''s slightly ironic bearing in mind I''ve not contributed to the board since December, having being out of the country in The Gambia for 3 months. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]You may as well get yourself to B&Q now and buy some rope.[/quote]There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.[/quote]Go change your pants.I seriously hope you don''t go to games and whine this much.

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"]I really don''t understand what people think they are going to gain from threads like this, there seems to be a similar one every day.[/quote]Just posting the stats and coming to the conclusion that we do not put enough emphasis on winning these games.  We have scored 10 goals in 15 games against the bottom half, and 21 in 18 against the top half.[/quote]To what end? We can all read stats.You''re like a fan of another team trying to prove Norwich are cr@p[/quote]

[/quote]Ah, and of course whining endlessly about it for the last 4 months will change the outcome.[/quote]

That''s slightly ironic bearing in mind I''ve not contributed to the board since December, having being out of the country in The Gambia for 3 months. 

[/quote]Who said I was exclusively talking about you?You clearly over estimate your own importance.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We got some different tactics and personnel yesterday and a more convincing performance. It''s opportunities squandered at home Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and even Swansea that''s of greater relevance.[/quote]

What different tactics?

I feel sorry for those poor African children who had to put up with Paul moy. As if there lives couldn''t get anymore grim.

... and there is also irony Morty in you accusing others of whinging. You haven''t stopped whinging today.

[quote user="paul moy"]... and there is also irony Morty in you accusing others of whinging. You haven''t stopped whinging today.[/quote]Ah the "Moaning about the moaners" circulating argument.Genius.Would you consider the duty of a supporter to moan about his team endlessly, or perhaps to support and encourage?

[quote user="BWs Cat "]I feel sorry for those poor African children who had to put up with Paul moy. As if there lives couldn''t get anymore grim.[/quote]

I cannot believe that, bearing in mind the excruciating poverty our children are in thanks to Thatcher according to the whinging lefties. [:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="paul moy"]... and there is also irony Morty in you accusing others of whinging. You haven''t stopped whinging today.[/quote]

Ah the "Moaning about the moaners" circulating argument.

Genius.

Would you consider the duty of a supporter to moan about his team endlessly, or perhaps to support and encourage?

[/quote]

But most of these old whiners aren''t supporters are they? Spectators or customers maybe. Or fans at best. By definition a supporter actually does something positive. These don''t. Old chicken head admitted himselfd that he''s only moved to do something when it''s a chance to moan...

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="BWs Cat "]I feel sorry for those poor African children who had to put up with Paul moy. As if there lives couldn''t get anymore grim.[/quote]

I cannot believe that, bearing in mind the excruciating poverty our children are in thanks to Thatcher according to the whinging lefties. [:D]

[/quote]

Up for a ding dong Moyo??

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]We got some different tactics and personnel yesterday and a more convincing performance. It''s opportunities squandered at home Newcastle, Fulham, Southampton and even Swansea that''s of greater relevance.[/quote]

What different tactics?

[/quote]

No different tactics.  Which is what I consider is the problem.  Just because the tactics might be right for a game at the Emirates, does not make them the right tactics for a home game against an out of sorts Newcastle.

Wait, Foghorn knows football tactics better than Premiership manager, Chris Hughton?This is big news.

[quote user="paul moy"]Never mind, all the whinging will cease once we''ve beaten Reading. [/quote]
You mean you will shut up? Thank god for that!

[quote user="morty"]Wait, Foghorn knows football tactics better than Premiership manager, Chris Hughton?This is big news.[/quote]
Well why didn''t he say so in the summer?! We missed out on his abilities for Hughon???? Damn!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But most of these old whiners aren''t supporters are they? Spectators or customers maybe. Or fans at best. By definition a supporter actually does something positive. These don''t. Old chicken head admitted himselfd that he''s only moved to do something when it''s a chance to moan...

[/quote]

That is the problem with the blinkered.  You consider any discussion about tactics that aren''t Hughton''s to be an attack on the club.  Any discussion on the negative aspects of our play, and defensive approach, with better defenders,  that actually concedes just as many goals as our more attacking approach last season as heresy.  Hughton''s unwillingness to push for a win at any point in the season.

The happy clappers are more than ready to write off last seasons heroes as "not good enough" if Hughton happens to not pick them this season.

You are right, I don''t come on here often when we are playing well, only when I see a problem.  I am too busy enjoying our performances otherwise. 

I stand by my opinion of Hughton, he signings have been excellent. He tactics, and management during games leave a lot to be desired.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

That is the problem with the blinkered.  You consider any discussion about tactics that aren''t Hughton''s to be an attack on the club.  Any discussion on the negative aspects of our play, and defensive approach, with better defenders,  that actually concedes just as many goals as our more attacking approach last season as heresy.  Hughton''s unwillingness to push for a win at any point in the season.

The happy clappers are more than ready to write off last seasons heroes as "not good enough" if Hughton happens to not pick them this season.

You are right, I don''t come on here often when we are playing well, only when I see a problem.  I am too busy enjoying our performances otherwise. 

I stand by my opinion of Hughton, he signings have been excellent. He tactics, and management during games leave a lot to be desired.

[/quote]

Well, you do go on CF but I don''t blame you as I agree with you !!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]You are Wiz''s second account and I claim my ten pounds.