Sign in to follow this  
Sussexyellow

Champagne on ice or bricking it

So the miracle at the Emirates did not happen, and in reality we are no worse off than many of us would have predicted before the game. 
But that still means we come down to one season defining game next Saturday. It should never have come to this but it has!!!
Win and hopefully we may just about have enough to stumble over the line. But I say champagne on ice as with Sunderland winning, Wigan having two games in hand and our goal difference we may yet need 41 points to survive.
Lose or draw and we will definitely be bricking it. I can not see where 5 more points will come from. We will not have KK for 2 of the last 4 games so I have my doubts about the WBA game despite some positive predictions for that game on here. So that will then be 4 or 5 points from Stoke and Villa which will be a big ask. Some of the earlier gloating on this forum that we would be the ones to relegate Villa now has big potential to come back and bite us.
Whilst I will keep the faith to the bitter end next Saturday''s game has a do or die feel about it now.
OTBC

Champagne on ice for me please.....I know we''re cutting it close this season, but the the key word here is ''season''.It doesn''t matter whether you win the game in the first minute, or the last minute; you win. It doesn''t matter if you survive the premier league in the first half of the season or the second; you survive.What I''m seeing is a lot of people who are not being satisfied because we haven''t established with a certainty, that we''ll be in the premier league next season. Me..... I''m rather enjoying the ride.... I thought we played well against Arsenal, on the road and were it not for a well paid lines-man, could well have walked away with 3-points and all the bed wetting that''s taking place on this forum would not be happening.Why so tense everyone? It''s just a ride.....

We still have four winnable games to play. Home games V Reading, Villa and WBA are all winnable, as is the away game V Stoke, but only if we go out onto the pitch with the intention of winning. That means attacking. That means getting men forward and taking risks. If we don''t then we are toast this season and Hughton should be sacked. Personally I''d sack him anyway, but we can still and should stay up this season. But going all out to win on Saturday is an absolute must.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]We still have four winnable games to play. Home games V Reading, Villa and WBA are all winnable, as is the away game V Stoke, but only if we go out onto the pitch with the intention of winning. That means attacking. That means getting men forward and taking risks. If we don''t then we are toast this season and Hughton should be sacked. Personally I''d sack him anyway, but we can still and should stay up this season. But going all out to win on Saturday is an absolute must.[/quote]
[Y]
I agree that there are still winnable games after Reading but if we don''t beat Reading I fear for our confidence and will be bricking it myself.