Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Watching Newcastle v Sunderland...

Not really Paul. Di Canio has one loss and one win. The win in an unpredictable derby clash. And we are still above them and only just behind Newcastle, so I wouldn''t get your hopes up just yet.

How is that stupid?! Ok we can''t even buy a win currently but with our upcoming games i expect the players to certainly fight to stay in this division.

Its in our hands. If we are reliant on other results to keep us safe we may as well prepare for the Championship now.

This result changes very little in the grand scheme of things.

Newcastle - will be very nervy.  Newcastle''s run of fixtures looks daunting after this display.

Stoke - are on a woeful run and look miles away from getting a goal never mind 2.  After Man U today, they are then away to QPR who really do have nothing to loose.  Stoke are not good travellers and 3 of their remaining 5 games are away from home.

Sunderland - This win will give them a boost no doubt about it, but Everton at home next week will be a different proposition altogether.  Their run-in does not look as bad on paper as Newcastle or Stoke, but 1 result does not make them safe, far from it.

Villa - they travel to Man U next week and anything other than a Man U win would be a massive shock.  Villa then face 3 of their relegation rivals in their 4 remaining games, Sunderland, Us and Wigan, whilst also hosting Chelsea. 

Wigan - Their run of fixtures and having to play catch-up as well as having an FA Cup final in there to distract them is the most daunting of the lot for me.  It''s alright having games in hand, but it''s points on the board at this stage that matter.

Us - I think everyone now is aware of our run-in.  The easiest for me on-paper out of the relegation candidates.

For me the most likely team still to go down is Wigan.  Closely followed by Stoke and then I''d have to say Newcastle on current form and given their run-in.  Sunderland and Villa''s hopes all depend on how they do against their relegation rivals.  They both have 3 relegation rivals to play each if we are including Southampton.  Southampton and West Ham are both not safe yet on 38 points.

Not forgetting out of the remaining 5 games left for most teams there are still plenty to play against each other where both teams cannot obviously pick up the 3 points.

Man U 1 up already[Y]

"paul moy"The phrase ''clutching at straws'' springs to mind, but I hope you''re right !!

It''s called remaining positive in the face of advesity.

I am a bit like the violinist on the Titanic.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

This result changes very little in the grand scheme of things.

Newcastle - will be very nervy.  Newcastle''s run of fixtures looks daunting after this display.

Stoke - are on a woeful run and look miles away from getting a goal never mind 2.  After Man U today, they are then away to QPR who really do have nothing to loose.  Stoke are not good travellers and 3 of their remaining 5 games are away from home.

Sunderland - This win will give them a boost no doubt about it, but Everton at home next week will be a different proposition altogether.  Their run-in does not look as bad on paper as Newcastle or Stoke, but 1 result does not make them safe, far from it.

Villa - they travel to Man U next week and anything other than a Man U win would be a massive shock.  Villa then face 3 of their relegation rivals in their 4 remaining games, Sunderland, Us and Wigan, whilst also hosting Chelsea. 

Wigan - Their run of fixtures and having to play catch-up as well as having an FA Cup final in there to distract them is the most daunting of the lot for me.  It''s alright having games in hand, but it''s points on the board at this stage that matter.

Us - I think everyone now is aware of our run-in.  The easiest for me on-paper out of the relegation candidates.

For me the most likely team still to go down is Wigan.  Closely followed by Stoke and then I''d have to say Newcastle on current form and given their run-in.  Sunderland and Villa''s hopes all depend on how they do against their relegation rivals.  They both have 3 relegation rivals to play each if we are including Southampton.  Southampton and West Ham are both not safe yet on 38 points.

Not forgetting out of the remaining 5 games left for most teams there are still plenty to play against each other where both teams cannot obviously pick up the 3 points.

Man U 1 up already[Y]

[/quote]

Must admit I feel a bit better after reading that.

[quote user="Herman "]"paul moy"The phrase ''clutching at straws'' springs to mind, but I hope you''re right !! It''s called remaining positive in the face of adversity. I am a bit like the violinist on the Titanic.[/quote]

[:D]

Meanwhile in other news rampant Stoke who Winky says will have us under the cosh make it a fantastic 5 points from the last 39 and successfully fail to score for 8th game in thier last 13 outings.

But, as has been pointed out elsewhere, if Sunderland''s upturn in fortunes continues it will be at the expense of Stoke and Villa. And if Villa and Stoke beat Sunderland then the latter will be right back in it.

Of course, if we fail to get further points out of our final games we will be relegated, but our performance yesterday convinces me we won''t. We have even started scoring again of late.