Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Watching Newcastle v Sunderland...

I really miss our derby games, especially in the top flight.

I know it''s hard to say and makes the blood boil, but I really hope the scum get promoted next season.

A derby in the premiship adds that excitement added passion to a season.

Anyway, c''mon Newcastle...

Sunderland 1-0.

Sessegnon.

We look more and more doomed. 1994-1995 over again.

How about some frecking luck for once.

It want help beating Reading either when teams below us pick up points

[quote user="grefstad"]Sunderland 1-0.

Sessegnon.

We look more and more doomed. 1994-1995 over again.

How about some frecking luck for once.

It want help beating Reading either when teams below us pick up points[/quote]

Please explain how beating Reading wont help.

Interested to hear this...

[quote user="SYG"]I really hope the scum get promoted next season.[/quote]No self respecting Norwich City fan that I know could ever wish that! [:S]

I don''t see why so many are desperate for a Toon win. Sunderland stiil have Villa to play, and I wouldn''t mind them in form for that day. Newcastle aren''t completely free from relegation, and if we do what we need to do we could overtake them. And a draw wouldn''t be too bad.

We have to do the business ourselves.

[quote user="Olly"]

Please explain how beating Reading wont help.

Interested to hear this...[/quote]

Obviously it will help, bur not lead to be almost safe as mann seem to believe.

I think you can go down on 39p those year.

We will likely lose at Stoke, and by then, depending on Wigan, we could well be in the drop zone.

And who will be sure we will beat Reading?

Does not look good for us.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Oh dear - had this one down as a Newcastle win.[/quote]

Could be another hasty visit to the BBC predictor then Highland? What did you have Villa down for yesterday? And Reading? And how many points did you think we''d have by Christmas?

Lappinup, like I said it''s hard for me to say that, but are you saying you don''t miss the Derbys in the premiship?

Villa, Sunderland and Wigan all appear to be on good form. The writing is on the wall if Sunderland win this. Draws are no good for us !!!!!!!!!

[quote user="gorlestongirl"]I don''t see why so many are desperate for a Toon win. Sunderland stiil have Villa to play, and I wouldn''t mind them in form for that day. Newcastle aren''t completely free from relegation, and if we do what we need to do we could overtake them. And a draw wouldn''t be too bad.

We have to do the business ourselves.[/quote]A Toon win keeps Sunderland 4 points below us.  Wigan are 4 points below with two games in hand.  If Sunderland win, we could easily be 1 point off the relegation zone with 5 to play.

Nutty - will update the predictor later following the Stoke game. As it is Villa slip below us as I had them down for a win against Fulham. Also had Sunderland and Stoke to lose.

[quote user="Herman "]Sunderland aren''t in good form Paul.[/quote]

They are since Di Canio took over based on their current display. They have lead their last two games and look on fire today.  That is ominous.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Nutty - will update the predictor later following the Stoke game. As it is Villa slip below us as I had them down for a win against Fulham. Also had Sunderland and Stoke to lose.[/quote]

But aren''t we over achieving when measured against your expectations at the start of the season?

I take the long view. If we do the business we will stay up, whatever Sunderland do. We don''t play them again, so their good form doesn''t affect us, but will impact on other teams below us like Villa. If they win today, and we finish above Toon, we get an extra £700 grand. But tbh, I put all my energy into supporting Norwich; don''t have much left for obscure northern ones.

I would say so. Essentially because we didn''t strengthen our striking department back in the Summer when it was painfully obvious we needed to. Had we have signed a proven goal scorer back then I would have been optimistic about our chances of staying up.

"paul moy" "Herman "Sunderland aren''t in good form Paul.

They are since Di Canio took over based on their current display. They have lead their last two games and look on fire today.  That is ominous.

Good to see you back Paul. And good to see you''re still daft as a brush.

[quote user="Herman "]"paul moy" "Herman "Sunderland aren''t in good form Paul. They are since Di Canio took over based on their current display. They have lead their last two games and look on fire today.  That is ominous. Good to see you back Paul. And good to see you''re still daft as a brush.[/quote]

If Sunderland win it may well be the doubters that look daft.

I don''t know if it''s nerves or that 1 day out of date steak slice I just ate.... blurgh. [+o(]