Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Time for Ruddy?

Hopefully he will be back. I do believe that his absence is linked with our poor form due to the time when he got injured and when we lost our good form

Bunn made some fantastic saves, tipping Podolski''s effort onto the post was stand out. He got a hand to the penalty and was unfortunate not to turn it out.

Bunn had a brilliant game yesterday. I''ll admit he didn''t impress me when he first came in, but he has really impressed me.

[quote user="morty"]Bunn had a brilliant game yesterday. I''ll admit he didn''t impress me when he first came in, but he has really impressed me.[/quote]That made more sense in my head when I typed it lol[:$]

[quote user="87canary"]Why?!

Yes, he''s our best goalkeeper, but Bunn did little wrong yesterday and is only improving[/quote]

You answered your own question there, he is our best goalkeeper and i believe our best player.

Why is it time for Ruddy, what would have changed yesterday? I''m assuming it''s something that happened yesterday that made you believe it is time for Ruddy, of course.

He would have managed the corner better leading up to the first goal, maybe saved the penalty. I am clutching at straws here and being pedantic, but he is a better player and inspires confidence. Bunn has been terrific, but he isn''t John Ruddy.

Ruddy must play at Stoke to help with their aerial threat, Stoke would have a field day with Bunn from set pieces, equally it would be a hell of a game to throw Ruddy straight back in for. Therefore IMO Ruddy has to be given the Reading game to get back into it.

harsh maybe on Bunn but we''re past the point of sentiment now ,Hughton must pick the right team all over the pitch from here on.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]He would have managed the corner better leading up to the first goal, maybe saved the penalty. I am clutching at straws here and being pedantic, but he is a better player and inspires confidence. Bunn has been terrific, but he isn''t John Ruddy.[/quote]I think it would be idiocy to throw Ruddy back in at this stage of the season, and to expect him to instantly return to his pre injury form.

[quote user="morty"]I think it would be idiocy to throw Ruddy back in at this stage of the season, and to expect him to instantly return to his pre injury form.[/quote]Stop being sensible on here Morty. When I logged on to the match thread yesterday at half time, they were screaming for virtually the whole team to be substituted even though we were holding the mighty Arsenal to 0-0. [:S]

Its apparent we are now well and truly embroiled in the relegation scrap and that calls for big characters, there are none bigger than John Ruddy to dig us out of the mire.

Okay yeah, I''d love to see Ruddy back between the sticks. With Pilks and Whittaker there too. Would be lovely jubbly and possibly remind them of our mammoth ten game run.

Unless JR is fully fit AND Bunn has a shocker or two then I think he''ll have to wait until next season to regain his place.Going forwards Ruddy is our clear no 1 between the sticks, but Bunn has proven that he''s more than competent enough at this level and will push Ruddy all the way to keep his spot which can only be a good thing.I''d rather have a fully fit and on-form Ruddy back next season than rush him into games unnecessarily at this stage and take a big risk that he gets another injury due to that decision.