Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Holt and Kamara to start in a 4-4-2

[quote user="Warren Hill"]

So how many times has he been sent off? I wonder if United fans used to say this about Cantona or Keane...both have whom would surely have fallen into this "extremely fortunate" category most weeks, you can probably chuck Mark Hughes in there for good measure too. Tell you what, why don''t us Norwich fans lobby the FA to get Holt banned because even though he hasn''t been sent off, we think he should have been. Ludicrous.

[/quote]

Have you had a bang on the head or something? Show me a post anywhere by any city fan that says they want Holt banned.

What people are saying is that they are concerned that if he carries on the same way as he has the past few weeks then he might not be so lucky a 4th or 5th time and we might find ourselves with 10 men at a time of the season when we desperately need to be picking up points.

Is it against the forum rules to be objective or something? Are you not allowed to be a passionate City fan who supports whoever is wearing that shirt on the pitch *and* be allowed to raise legitimate concerns from time to time. Why do people feel the need to pigeon hole supporters as either positive or negative. Get over yourselves.

Given how ineffective Hoolahan was last week he doesn''t deserve to start today and a 442 would actually make us stronger than having Wes in the side!

Holt and Kamara upfront with Kai playing deeper or Howson playing in the Hoolahan role inbetween attack and midfield with Tetty in the middle with Johnson!

arsenal last season was howsons best game so may be worth him having a run out in the wes position.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Well, I have seen and the truth, the fact, is that Holt hasn''t been sent off in any of those games.

I have to say Purple, I feel you are being deliberately mischievous.

I sincerely hope Holt starts tomorrow in a side that includes Tettey and Hoolahan.[/quote]

I am not being mischievous at at all. That Holt hasn''t been sent off doesn''t mean he hasn''t been putting himself at serious risk of being sent off and missing two games. Look at Mr Brownstone''s posts on the subject.I thought Hughton would start Holt against Swansea, on the basis that he would be harder to handle than Kamara. It was only when, for the third game running, Holt came on late and quickly courted a red card that this idea (which may or may not be in Hughton''s mind) occured to me.

As it''s Arsenal away we need to go back to Hoolahan playing off Holt.

Tettey''s inclusion would make the central pairing a lot more solid.

Would not consider Howson for Hoolahan as it just won''t work. Just look at matches where Howson played in the team instead of Hoolahan. Not just defeat but slaughter:

vs Fulham L0-5

vs Liverpool L 2-5

vs Liverpool L 0-5

If Hoolahan plays we will at least be competitive - obviously the other players need to play "around" him.

Holty is now this board''s new Doc! Who remembers all those penalties he gave away that teh refs somehow managed to miss? And all the times he was sent off that the refs managed to miss. Now we have Holty getting the benefit of the bent refs!

Surely Hoolahan has to start this game? I honestly can''t believe those who would leave him out. Even my old mucker zipper would replace him with Howson! To my mind if ever there was opposition suited for Holty then the arse are.

Falkirk just scored!! Yessssss! Great start for Holty (the Gary one)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="SYG. Why does this make me an idiot? quote]

If you need to ask .............

[quote user="Warren Hill. Well, Javier, I''ll bow to your greater knowledge. But, if you want someone to play in the Wes role, the best player at the club to do that is, erm, Wes Hoolahan.

Kamara might be a Fans fave, but I''d start Holt ahead of him every week.

Shows what I know... quote]

More than some on here apparently Warren 😉

Holt and KK do both start. Bunn in goal, Whittaker at left back, E>Bennett and Garrido on the bench. no Wes in the squad.

I am feeling a bit more wa-hey after seeing the line up. A good mix of defence and attack. Here''s hoping.

More like WTF !!! Looks like a 4-3-3 but leaving our most creative player out of the squad and EB? Maybe Wes is injured? Well, we wanted Hughton to change his ways so what''s the outcome going to be, a master stroke or an unmitigated disaster ? We''ll know in about 2 hours time.