Sign in to follow this  
splutcho

Home to Reading.

Moving on from the robbery on Saturday and looking forward to probably the biggest game of our season so far, how are we all feeling? Nervous? Confident?

Do you want to see changes or did you see enough yesterday to stick with the same?

I''m quite interested to hear from Hughton-outers and people that think we''re on a slippery slope, who would you play?

Personally, I''d stick with the same team or a similar one with maybe Bennett back in for Holt and Kamara going back up front, I thought Howson had his best game for a long time in a more advanced role and Whittaker did an excellent job yet again.

I''m also feeling strangely confident and think it might all come together for us. 2 - 0 City.

Forget Arsenal, forget what has gone before in fact, the season starts here. Five games, crucially three winnable home games and an away game against poor rivals, it is firmly in our hands.

Beating Reading would change the landscape significantly in a week where Wigan find their true position.

The final game aside we cold hardly hope to have a better set of fixtures and a season fully in our own hands, that''s why we should only look forwards.

The prize is huge. Investment to make us an EPL fixture and with VW on the way.

Norfolk people hate being belittled so don''t let it happen. Create a positively charged atmosphere this Saturday at Carrow Road and see a Norwich win take us to the cusp of security.

I dont normally rate any game as must win but I''m putting Reading down as exactly that.Of course we all have opinions about the points tally needed for safety but I think 38/39 will be enough.

Would be lovely to go into the last 4 only needing a point. I''m ready for the match now and we''ve got 5 days to wait!

Come on you yellows!!

In two minds about this one.  I keep reminding myself of the factors that are in our favor (home form, reasonable performances, Reading''s atrocious form) but we just keep making mistakes and get ridiculously bad luck (by which I mean officials) in these important games.It also seems very "Norwich" to sign a £8.5m player, hype him up to the extreme, then get relegated and never see him play for the club. Along with the Luton result it''d just be another embarrassment to add to the list.  One that feels so very like us to happen.When I did the BBC predictor I got 3-1 to Arsenal, then 2-1 to us in the next match.  I hope I''m right, but the way our luck is I''m now expecting 0-3 with Bunn sent off again.I won''t be listening to another game this season, and from Saturday morning I''ll be blocking access to all websites where I can see results.  Every game I''ve watched or listened to this season has been a draw or loss so I must have some really bad karma.

same team as against arsenal

win = staying up (most likely)lose = sack hughton and get someone else in within a day or two, even if its until the end of the season

having said all that i fully expect it to be 0-0 or 1-1 and incredibly dull

the game at reading was probably one of the worst, dreary, rubbish games of football ive seen in 25 years

Same team as against Arsenal might be the way to go, but I''d give Becchio a run out as Holt did bugger all.

I''d always switch Kamara with Snoddy so he''s down the right. If Pilks is fit, maybe start him ahead of Kamara

Extremely nervous, atm we have to rely on our centre halves to score and we don''t look like having any confidence at all (which is understandable). I would like to see Becchio getting a go up front with Kamara, I really, really hope Pilkington is back and at his best. Whittaker played very well and should get the nod no doubt.

We''ll have our part to play too, get behind the boys from the off and try to help them overcoming a side who look all but doomed...don''t underestimate them though, we''d have troubles beating a league Two outfit at the moment.

As much as I am not a fan of holt this season, I would have to try giving him a kick up the arse and govng him one last chance. Just dont think kamara has the quality we need.

I''m not fussed about who plays, I''d just like two up front and a high tempo. Go at Reading hard from the off and total commitment for 90 minutes. Early goald and hopefully Reading will ose heart at what is already almost a lost cause for them. It is a cliche but this is virtually our cup final. We simply have to win. Hughton must use the Arsenal Disgrace as a motivating factor, get those guys battling agaisnt the injustice.

I''m extremely nervous about it. I have to work Saturday and whereas I would usually have my phone in my pocket to keep up with the score, I''ll be leaving it my locker. Just going to look when it''s done and dusted because I won''t be able to concentrate on work during what will undoubtedly turn out to be a roller coaster ride of an afternoon! Come on City.

If we had any (effective) strikers I would feel confident, but since we relied again on Turner, there haas to be a worry that Reading will have enough to keep us out, and perhaps even to score in an odd break away movement.

I have to hope that Snoddy will find something special, and that if we put in enough crosses Kamara may get on the end of one. Otherwise.....

I hate to say it, but the change I would consider would be Pilkington for Holt. The former is an effective finisher and is also a great creator of chances. Midfield and defence I would leave unchanged, especially as playing further forward Howson had one of his better games.

It seems strange to consider not starting with Holt and Wes, two of the long-time stalwarts, but the game is so important......