Sign in to follow this  
Jon Moorhouse

Manchester City Away ticket prices

I was hoping to go to the Manchester City game with my 9 year old son but I don''t get why our prices are:Level 1 - Adults £49, over-65s £40 and under-16s £27Level 2 - Adult £51, over-65s £42 and under-16s £27but the tickets for Manchester City fans are:£43 Adult£33 18-21£17 16-17£12 Junior (Under 16)So to sit in the away end it will cost me £76 cheapest but to sit and watch in the home end will cost me £55.Can they do this? Is this legal? Do we charge away fans a different price to home fans? Just seems wrong that a Norwich fan has to make a 300 mile round trip and then pay more to watch a match than a local fan. At the moment I refuse to pay £21 extra to watch a match so will not be giving them my money.

So we do charge away fans a different price to home fans? It is not so much the cost that bugs me as the fact we have to pay so much more than they do - but if we do the same thing then the whole of football is corrupt!

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]So we do charge away fans a different price to home fans? It is not so much the cost that bugs me as the fact we have to pay so much more than they do - but if we do the same thing then the whole of football is corrupt![/quote]I couldn''t say 100%, but yeah, I think we do.

Was the other way round yesterday at Emirates..£25.50 for away support and I know an Arsenal fan who bought a home ticket on the day and it cost him £50.

I guess its market forces

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]I am surprised that this is legal - but maybe I am just naive!
[/quote]

Why shouldnt it be legal...almost all shows,events etc have different priced seats

I get that - you pay more for better seats - but we won''t be sitting in better seats we will be in equivalent seats/view etc. I just think it should be illegal to charge away fans and home fans different prices for casual tickets - why should a Norwich under 16 pay £15 more than a Man City one for the same match/seat etc. I presumed there had to be a fixed price agreement - we benefited previously from Blackburn or someone similar when they dropped prices for home fans so had to do the same for us I thought. I am stunned clubs can get away with doing this to other fans - but if they all do it then I guess it is fair enough.

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]I get that - you pay more for better seats - but we won''t be sitting in better seats we will be in equivalent seats/view etc. I just think it should be illegal to charge away fans and home fans different prices for casual tickets - why should a Norwich under 16 pay £15 more than a Man City one for the same match/seat etc. I presumed there had to be a fixed price agreement - we benefited previously from Blackburn or someone similar when they dropped prices for home fans so had to do the same for us I thought. I am stunned clubs can get away with doing this to other fans - but if they all do it then I guess it is fair enough.
[/quote]

I think it  might be called "ripping off the punter"

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]I get that - you pay more for better seats - but we won''t be sitting in better seats we will be in equivalent seats/view etc. I just think it should be illegal to charge away fans and home fans different prices for casual tickets - why should a Norwich under 16 pay £15 more than a Man City one for the same match/seat etc. I presumed there had to be a fixed price agreement - we benefited previously from Blackburn or someone similar when they dropped prices for home fans so had to do the same for us I thought. I am stunned clubs can get away with doing this to other fans - but if they all do it then I guess it is fair enough.
[/quote]

I thought the key thing was equivalent seats. I don''t believe home fans can be charged less than away fans for equivalent seats. I think ours are only cheaper for members but the casual prices are the same for both home and away. I remember going to Stoke a few years ago and paying a fiver because they were running some kind of promotion for their fans.

Agreed, every seat should be the same price really, bar the boxes and vip sections

I''ve always been told that the price for away fans should be the same as equivalent seats in the home end, so if this isn''t the case it could be worth an email to Man City asking for the justification.

[quote user="AJ"]Agreed, every seat should be the same price really, bar the boxes and vip sections[/quote]

I don''t agree with this. No fan should have to pay full price for a restricted view seat. Nor should fans in a stand at the end of the pitch have to pay the same as a fan with a view from near the halfway line.

Davo

We Charged the Man City away fans £54 at FCR this season.So I guess its fair. Karma. Ying, Yang.

[quote user="TheRock"]We Charged the Man City away fans £54 at FCR this season.

So I guess its fair. Karma. Ying, Yang.
[/quote]

So we must have charged our fans £54. I don''t think the price is the issue here. Unless I''m wrong the issue is the different pricing for equivelant seats.

Looked into this further.  The Man City website states:

Tickets for this game are priced from:

£43 Adult

£33 18-21

£17 16-17

£12 Junior (Under 16)

£33 Over 65s         

£33 Disabled (wheelchair & ambulant)The "from" is the magical word here and having looked at their website in more detail, the two areas directly next to the away fans (SL1, SL2) are £49 and £51 respectively.  The headline £43 price is for the family stand at the opposite end of the group and more than likely requires at least one child per 2 or so adults.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Looked into this further.  The Man City website states:

Tickets for this game are priced from:

£43 Adult

£33 18-21

£17 16-17

£12 Junior (Under 16)

£33 Over 65s         

£33 Disabled (wheelchair & ambulant)The "from" is the magical word here and having looked at their website in more detail, the two areas directly next to the away fans (SL1, SL2) are £49 and £51 respectively.  The headline £43 price is for the family stand at the opposite end of the group and more than likely requires at least one child per 2 or so adults.

[/quote]So really they are just applying ticket prices in a similar way that we do?Ie the Jarrold stand being more expensive, than say, the N&P?

[quote user="morty"]So really they are just applying ticket prices in a similar way that we do?Ie the Jarrold stand being more expensive, than say, the N&P?[/quote]Exactly!

Boycott the bloody place. No football match - with the possible exception of cup finals - is worth £50 for one seat! Maybe football clubs would start to get the message that people won''t pay these silly inflationary prices if enough fans stayed away!

So we are housed in a more expensive part of the ground - still seems wrong - especially an under 16 ticket at £15 more for an away fan. I have emailed Man City about this so I will see if I get a response and will update if they do.

Think boycotting the game is the best option sadly as I can''t justify £77 for me and the lad to a (hopefully) meaningless end of season game. Sad though.

[quote user="Jon Moorhouse"]

So we are housed in a more expensive part of the ground - still seems wrong - especially an under 16 ticket at £15 more for an away fan.[/quote]You should feel lucky, for a Man City fan sitting in the block next to the away fans there are no concessionary discounts at all!  All tickets are £49 or £51 regardless.