Sign in to follow this  
Pi$$ed As A Mattress

Squeaky Bum Time

I am sorry to say it but the free ride is over. If we dont start banging the goals in and believe.....we are doomed. The time has come to stand up and be counted. We have let the ten point gap go. Come on boys, One last push

[quote user="dpit"]Your bum only squeaks when your pants are wet.[/quote][:D]

Well, I can''t say my pants are wet ( :-D ) but I am bloody worried about my club, as every City supporter will be imo. One thing''s for sure, we''ll see what our players and manager are made of on saturday. If they can''t win a game like that...one could say they''re not fit to play in the PL... A hard statement I know, but is it one that can be argued with atm?

Win at home against reading should see us safe, we all should get behind the team Saturday and spur the team on. Winning would put the players in a good frame of mind for stoke away where we could get a result if we work hard and stay positive.

I fail to see why we "should", "will" win this game like so many other people have been saying on here, comments like its OK we have Reading at home in a few weeks.We are playing a side that may have improved under "Adkins"? This was possibly proved by their clean sheet on Saturday against Liverpool,  a side which has put 10 Past us in 2 games! They are probably now playing with freedom with a "nothing" to lose attitude, where as we have been playing with a negative "everything" to lose attitude for weeks now!! Saturdays game will be a hard 90 mins against a Premiership team, one which could probably go either way! How many times do you see a team all but relegated or confirmed as, suddenly pick up results (the answer is lots by the way!!) Also given the officials from Saturdays farce and Sunderland away etc... How many people have the confidence that a single or multiple series of bad decisions wont go against us which lead to a poor result? Yes we should beat a side at the foot of the table at home, but do you honestly believe it will be a convincing or easy win?? No, me neither!

[quote user="Long drives home"]I fail to see why we "should", "will" win this game like so many other people have been saying on here, comments like its OK we have Reading at home in a few weeks.We are playing a side that may have improved under "Adkins"? This was possibly proved by their clean sheet on Saturday against Liverpool,  a side which has put 10 Past us in 2 games! They are probably now playing with freedom with a "nothing" to lose attitude, where as we have been playing with a negative "everything" to lose attitude for weeks now!! Saturdays game will be a hard 90 mins against a Premiership team, one which could probably go either way! How many times do you see a team all but relegated or confirmed as, suddenly pick up results (the answer is lots by the way!!) Also given the officials from Saturdays farce and Sunderland away etc... How many people have the confidence that a single or multiple series of bad decisions wont go against us which lead to a poor result? Yes we should beat a side at the foot of the table at home, but do you honestly believe it will be a convincing or easy win?? No, me neither! [/quote]We should win this because we our at home and they''re bottom of the league.

I totally disagree, given recent events. Whatever happens we DO NOT deserve to go down. We have been dragged into this farce by a series of SHOCKING decisions by officials. WIGAN should be practically gone by now along with the other 2, they have been allowed back into the mix by a blatant cheat hand ball!! Failing that decision they would have had massive pressure on against us at their place. Ad to this the fact we was absolute robbed of 3 points at Sunderland. Events that increased pressure on us at Wigan and lead to our 3rd string keeper playing and costing us a point! WIGAN 100% deserve to go down but have been allowed to close the gap through bad football and officiating in their favour. If we had got a result against Sunderland we would have been all but safe that weekend and the pressure would have eased. However that weekend and now the last one are bordering on conspiracies against us. Therfore I 100% disagree with that comment!!!

[quote user="Pissed As A Mattress"]I am sorry to say it but the free ride is over. If we dont start banging the goals in and believe.....we are doomed. The time has come to stand up and be counted. We have let the ten point gap go. Come on boys, One last push[/quote]

Thats ultimately where the beginning of this mess started. We were around 9-10 points clear pretty much from November through to the end of March and maybe complacency set in?

those 2 back to back Wigan matches, their last minute handball winner against Newcastle, followed by our defeat there ,cutting the gap to 4 points is where we will be able to trace the beginning, the mood has ceratainly changed since then as seen with the nervousness against Swansea....its going to be a tall order for players and fans alike to keep their heads from here on in.

That''s what happens when you''re a big club like Wigan, decisions always go in your favour.

If WIgan win one of their two games in hand then we will only be 1 point off the drop zone with some very hard fixtures. We still have to play Stoke, Villa and Reading who are all below us but all will be targeting us as a chance to get points. Let alone having to go to Man City on the last day of the season. I have been worried for a while but now its almost panic stations if we do not beat Reading.

The teams who do go down will deserve to go down over the course of a season regardless of refereeing decisions. Be that us or Wigan or anyone else. Make no mistake about it we are down here on our own making not because of a ref.

Rubbish, Sunderland and Wigan have had some very favorable decisions lately! They should be fighting it out with Stoke and Villa. The Sunderland game and Arsenal were not single poor decisions but Multiple shocking decisions. Add to that the Newcastle disallowed goal yesterday and the Wigan win against Newcastle again multiple poor decisions and you have a 10 point swing against us!Yes we have been poor but have deserved more and they deserved far less!

You make your own luck in football the more your sat in your own box defending the more chance you give the ref to make a duff call. At the end of the day regardless if Giroud had a hold, if Kamara didn''t grab his shirt in the first place it wouldnt of been given. Shirt pulling is a foul end of. You can''t pick the rules as you chose. One got seen one didn''t move on.

We won''t go down if we do cause of a ref it will be cause of failure to hold on to points. West Brom away, Wigan Away, Swansea home prime examples, Combine with with the failure to put poor teams to the sword when we had the chance, See Newcastle, QPR, Fulham at home and Reading Away. Those are the results that have put us in this position.

re : bad recent decisions, I''m sure Kamara fell over his own feet to win us the free kick that Snodgrass crossed and Turner scored on Saturday.But I guess those kinds of bad decisions don''t get noticed... [:)]