Sign in to follow this  
morty

Money -----> Mouth.

Survive just. I think Wigan''s run in and the fact they have the distraction of a Cup final and a relatively thin squad will undo them, I think we will finish 17th.

the 2 sides in the worst form are us and Stoke and the fact that when we play them their home advantage will count........I''ve seen it coming since the Wigan game that we just could not afford to lose........I think we''re down

We will survive. I''ve supported my club for 51 years and will continue to do so until i die! (i know being an old timer is seen as weakness by some youngsters here, but i support my club through thick and thin, not just the good times) All those that seem to hope we get relegated should be ashamed of themselves.

I''m indecisive on this at the moment. We just seem to have no luck going our way. A win against Arsenal could have transformed our run in - but now we''re up against it even more.

Reading is a crucial game we MUST win.

It''s going to be tight, but I think we will survive, just.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]We will survive. I''ve supported my club for 51 years and will continue to do so until i die! (i know being an old timer is seen as weakness by some youngsters here, but i support my club through thick and thin, not just the good times) All those that seem to hope we get relegated should be ashamed of themselves.[/quote]

A ridiculous post. no supporter hopes we get relegated, but you can support the club through thick and thin but still be a realist.

Survive, lots of optimism in this thread, lets hope the crowd project the same aura on Saturday for the guys to feed off. We don''t want the fan''s nerves to unsettle them

[quote user="city4eva"]

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]We will survive. I''ve supported my club for 51 years and will continue to do so until i die! (i know being an old timer is seen as weakness by some youngsters here, but i support my club through thick and thin, not just the good times) All those that seem to hope we get relegated should be ashamed of themselves.[/quote]

A ridiculous post. no supporter hopes we get relegated, but you can support the club through thick and thin but still be a realist.

[/quote]

Probably the most sensible post on the entire thread.

[quote user="Canarygeorge"]We will survive. I''ve supported my club for 51 years and will continue to do so until i die! (i know being an old timer is seen as weakness by some youngsters here, but i support my club through thick and thin, not just the good times) All those that seem to hope we get relegated should be ashamed of themselves.[/quote]Well said sir.

Survive !     Always had us down for a lose at Arsenal, followed by a draw against Reading and Stoke and win against Villa  40 points and safe as houses  

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="thefutureisyellow"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Mervmeister"]What a suprise thats your prediction. Binner without a doubt!![/quote]

Sorry I mean I think we''re going to win everyone of our remaining games and easily survive. Before pushing for Europe next season.

I guess this is the correct forum etiquette that will see you accepted as a Norwich fan. Anything less equals binner. Brilliant.

[/quote]

I dont read many of your posts Lincoln but from those  I do read it seems that you enjoy it when the club finds itself in difficult circumstances, now I am unable to understand how you can feel like that. When I see us struggling for whatever reason my instinct is to get behind the club and  support it!
[/quote] Bang on!!! It''s not the negativity that makes Lincoln exceptional. There are others. No one can match the glee with which he gloats when things go wrong though. It is quite repellant in any one who claims to be a Canary.[/quote]

Proof? I am never gleeful when we lose or things go bad.

relegated

I see no prospect of us winning again this season and when we are defeated at home by Reading and Villa it will be the nail in the coffin.

Draws against West Brom and Stoke will see us down on 37 by 1 point.

The most telling stat for me is over 2600 reads of this thread and just over 100 posts. Even with allowing for rereads that''s an awful lot of heads being kept below the parapet, it must be getting crowded up there. A wicked post then Morty before the Reading game as I think there will be less indecision next week.
No surprise to me that most posting are of the survive school. However I am not buying all the macho if you are true supporter you must believe we can survive. You can be a true supporter get behind the team and yet remain a realist.
The position for me is that we have no momentum, our talisman Holt has gone missing and crucially we could not buy a break at present. I really feel it will all hinge on the Reading game. Win that and that should give us the momentum to get over the line. Lose or draw and without the crucial boost to momentum that will come from it then I do not think we will make it. 
Regrettably I think a draw is the most likely result on Saturday - so relegated.
Really hope I am wrong and happy to take a slagging upon survival. It would be the sweetest slagging ever.
OTBC

With Sussex now, pre weekend I would have said survive just, but after this weekends officials performance and the fact that Sunderland have now won, gives me the shuddering realisation that we are destined for our worse case senario.........Villa beating us and sendig us into the bottom three from whare we will not recover and relegation pending!

We have to beat Reading, it''s a no brainer, win and we stay up lose or draw and we must be favourites to go down in that thrid spot.

Pin your colours, relegated or survive, debate it in any one of the other 400 threads on the subject.[:)]

[quote user="JonnyH"]This is a similar situation to 1992, but I think we''ll survive.[/quote]

We survived in 1992!.....I''d actually make the 1991/2 season a better comparsion to that of the 94/95 that many are at the moment.

We had a disastrous run of form after the FA Cup semi defeat to Sunderland but were never in the bottom 3 and in the end survived with a couple of ugly draws...one being against Wimbledon in front the the old Barclay for the last time...........I''m hoping we''ll scratch together the last few points we need, but it won''t be pretty.

[quote user="Dpj Canary"]

On present form?

Relegated.

[/quote]Curious. Is there any particular reason our current form is a greater relegation threat than Stoke''s? They have lost six of their last seven games and drawn the other whereas we have lost just three over the same period and won one? This is form that has seen them drop from four places above us to two places below us in the table over that period.

In fact, Stoke''s drop in form has been greater than ours since Christmas. Since 26th December we have dropped from 11th to 14th (that''s three whole places) whereas over the same period Stoke have dropped from 8th to 16th (that''s eight places).

We all know from history that when we desperately need a win and the odds are in our favour, we blow it. Charlton, Fulham etc etc. That''s why I think there''s every possibility we will not beat Reading or Stoke.  Fingers crossed though.....