QPR - 1/50

Wigan - 6/4

Aston villa - 3/1

Stoke - 7/2

Sunderland - 5/1

Norwich - 9/1

Newcastle - 20/1

West ham - 66/1

I see there''s other teams with worst odds then us to go down. Reading no where to be seen though guess there not taking any more bets on them even though they have the same points as QPR both are pretty much gone one more place left hopefully it won''t be us.

Interesting odds, presumably based on matches to come, among other things. I would which expert(s) was/were consulted? It looks like everybody concurs that Reading and Arry''s men are more or less doomed. The real question is who goes in 18th position.

The whole situtation is very unpredictable. Few thought that we could get so close to beating Arsenal, and over the week-end Reading held Liverpool.Making it more difficult to predict is the presence of new managers - seems to have given Sunderland new impetus and probable safety, and stiffened up Reading. Some other clubs seem to be headed upwards - Villa, and even we seemed to have more about us at the Emirates.

As for Norwich,there seem to be signs of improvement recently. If we had a half decent striker - how about Turner up there? (I AM joking, honestly!) we could be more confident. I think that Reading will be a tough game - perhaps a draw is the best we can hope for, and Stoke in fear could be hard to beat, as will be Villa.

What we need is a little luck at some point, a defensive error perhaps,which we can cash in.

Gamblers and experts collectively see us as a slightly less likely relegation team. Good, but it would be good for the finger nails if we could win one soon!

Our odds have shortened over the past couple of weeks but are still relatively long. I expect that is because those that are literally putting their money where there mouth is think there is a fair chance will can beat Reading.
If we fail to beat Reading I can see a lot of money being put on us and those odds plummeting.

This close to the end of the season odds will move dramatically after a single game. If we beat Reading, our odds will probably move out to 16/1 or 20/1. However, if we lose, I could see us being as low as 2/1 or 3/1 depending on other results. So dont read too much in the point of time price unless of course you are a gambler. I took a small bet on us going down at 18/1 just to hedge the disappointment. However, I am praying that I lose my stake.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I got 7/2 about QPR in October and have never seen them at anything like that price since.

[/quote]

I think they''ll be paying you on that bet pretty soon !  If you accept ''Arry''s view that 38 points will be safe, QPR would now have to win their last 5 games to stay up. 

The other odds look like a sensible assessment of the current standings & form.  But I bet Newcastle''s odd tumbled after Sunday, same would happen to us if we lost to Reading, conversley if we can win Saturday we''ll be nearly there.

[quote user="Salopian"]

Interesting odds, presumably based on matches to come, among other things. I would which expert(s) was/were consulted? It looks like everybody concurs that Reading and Arry''s men are more or less doomed. The real question is who goes in 18th position.

The whole situtation is very unpredictable. Few thought that we could get so close to beating Arsenal, and over the week-end Reading held Liverpool.Making it more difficult to predict is the presence of new managers - seems to have given Sunderland new impetus and probable safety, and stiffened up Reading. Some other clubs seem to be headed upwards - Villa, and even we seemed to have more about us at the Emirates.

As for Norwich,there seem to be signs of improvement recently. If we had a half decent striker - how about Turner up there? (I AM joking, honestly!) we could be more confident. I think that Reading will be a tough game - perhaps a draw is the best we can hope for, and Stoke in fear could be hard to beat, as will be Villa.

What we need is a little luck at some point, a defensive error perhaps,which we can cash in.

Gamblers and experts collectively see us as a slightly less likely relegation team. Good, but it would be good for the finger nails if we could win one soon!

[/quote]

Why on earth is a draw the best we can hope for against Reading? Ok it won;t be the walkover many seem to be assuming but we are at home (where we are quite good) against the worst team in the league who are poor away from home. We absolutely, 100% should be looking to win this game and win it well. I hope we will then go to Stoke and play positively as well although I fear we will play for a point in that one.