Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

Did anyone else notice...

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the use of the internet neither the posting on here, 14 thousand posts just indicates that you spend a lot of time on here talking drivel instead of communicating in the real world i.e. making real life friends!Original poster sated that the game changed when BJ came off and was replaced by Fox who gave Arsenal far too much space and gave away possession using the word woeful, therefore indicating he was the main reason we lost.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]NO Morty I am not even talking about if Fox is good or not, I am not talking about last season!! Please grasp and understand if you can that Fox hasn''t even played for us this season, so blaming him for the reason we lost the game on Saturday is lunacy. Hughton cant expect to get the best out of someone who hasn''t played all season. The use of the squad this season has been atrocious. [/quote]Who blamed Fox for us losing on Saturday?Have a wee think why Hughton hasn''t rotated the squad. Hopefully you will arrive at the conclusion that some players aren''t good enough for the Premiership.

[/quote]OMG you really talk nonsense... So he was good enough for the Prem last year? He finished 3rd in player of the season!! JESUS! He hasn''t rotated the squad because he is inept at changing formation and utilising his players. He is one dimensional and Fox doesn''t fit into his style of football. If you dont play your players in games they wont be match fit. You agreed with original poster therefore blaming Fox for the outcome of the score! [/quote]

Yet again, the history of last season is rewritten. I don''t have full details at work but Fox was replaced by Howson once he was fit and Howson was first choice for the last quarter if the season. Even Lambert didn''t think Fox was the best he had by the end of last season.

I like Fox not because of what he does particularly but because the team always seemed to play better when he was there. This season he was excellent at Peterborough and poor against Luton.

As for squad rotation being atrocious, that''s just ridiculous. His season has confirmed what we knew last May namely that many of last season''s squad are not good enough in the long term. What is it about Jackson, Barnett, C Martin, Tierney or sad to say Fox in their admittedly sparse appearances this season that justifies their gtreater involvement? I wish it were not so but it is the case that they are not players with long term Premier. League careers.[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough and CH thought this, why did he give him a three year contract at the start of the season?

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am not saying there is anything wrong with the use of the internet neither the posting on here, 14 thousand posts just indicates that you spend a lot of time on here talking drivel instead of communicating in the real world i.e. making real life friends!Original poster sated that the game changed when BJ came off and was replaced by Fox who gave Arsenal far too much space and gave away possession using the word woeful, therefore indicating he was the main reason we lost.

[/quote]1. Rubbish.2. Rubbish.Right, so I like to post on an internet forum means I have no real life friends? What an incredible deduction. Oh and lets not discount the irony of trying to belittle me by, wait for it, posting on an internet forum about it.Seriously, can you not see that you are just twisting words for your own agenda? Bradley Johnson is a better player than Fox, which is why he is getting in the team every week. I don''t understand why you can''t understand this.Sorry, I''m going to have to just come our with it, clearly you are an idiot. I apologise if this comes as a shock to you.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am not saying there is anything wrong with the use of the internet neither the posting on here, 14 thousand posts just indicates that you spend a lot of time on here talking drivel instead of communicating in the real world i.e. making real life friends!Original poster sated that the game changed when BJ came off and was replaced by Fox who gave Arsenal far too much space and gave away possession using the word woeful, therefore indicating he was the main reason we lost.

[/quote]1. Rubbish.2. Rubbish.Right, so I like to post on an internet forum means I have no real life friends? What an incredible deduction. Oh and lets not discount the irony of trying to belittle me by, wait for it, posting on an internet forum about it.Seriously, can you not see that you are just twisting words for your own agenda? Bradley Johnson is a better player than Fox, which is why he is getting in the team every week. I don''t understand why you can''t understand this.Sorry, I''m going to have to just come our with it, clearly you are an idiot. I apologise if this comes as a shock to you.[/quote]Clearly you are the idiot, I have not compared the two players in anyway. The main reason for this which you clearly don''t get is because they are completely different players. All I am stating is Fox can not be blamed for his performance and I will make the reason cystal clear and type in bold for you, HE HAS PLAYED LESS THAN 45 MINUTES IN A PREMIER LEAGUE GAME THIS SEASON. Maybe this is why you have 14 thousand posts, all you seem to do is go round and round in circles. learn to read people''s replys and grasp the skill in debating properly.  

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]I am not saying there is anything wrong with the use of the internet neither the posting on here, 14 thousand posts just indicates that you spend a lot of time on here talking drivel instead of communicating in the real world i.e. making real life friends!Original poster sated that the game changed when BJ came off and was replaced by Fox who gave Arsenal far too much space and gave away possession using the word woeful, therefore indicating he was the main reason we lost.

[/quote]1. Rubbish.2. Rubbish.Right, so I like to post on an internet forum means I have no real life friends? What an incredible deduction. Oh and lets not discount the irony of trying to belittle me by, wait for it, posting on an internet forum about it.Seriously, can you not see that you are just twisting words for your own agenda? Bradley Johnson is a better player than Fox, which is why he is getting in the team every week. I don''t understand why you can''t understand this.Sorry, I''m going to have to just come our with it, clearly you are an idiot. I apologise if this comes as a shock to you.[/quote]Clearly you are the idiot, I have not compared the two players in anyway. The main reason for this which you clearly don''t get is because they are completely different players. All I am stating is Fox can not be blamed for his performance and I will make the reason cystal clear and type in bold for you, HE HAS PLAYED LESS THAN 45 MINUTES IN A PREMIER LEAGUE GAME THIS SEASON. Maybe this is why you have 14 thousand posts, all you seem to do is go round and round in circles. learn to read people''s replys and grasp the skill in debating properly.  [/quote]Well clearly some people need 40 posts of explaining before they grasp concepts.I shall break it down into easy chunks for you, so you understand.Chris Hughton is a Premier league manager, you are not.Chris Hughton picks the team, based on what he sees in training.Fox isn''t getting in the team, because in Chris (Premier league manager) Hughton''s opinion, he hasn''t done enough to warrant being picked.So, ergo, Fox isn''t good enough right now to warrant a starting place in the team.I can dumb this down more if you''re still struggling.[Y]

Oh and to clarify I am not belittling you for posting on here, I am belittling you for posting 14 thousand posts of drivel and having no friends!!!So you can get this into your thick skull, this is not a BJ vs Fox

discussion, I rate both players in their own right!! I am sick to death

of players ability getting criticized on here for the wrong reason.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Oh and to clarify I am not belittling you for posting on here, I am belittling you for posting 14 thousand posts of drivel and having no friends!!!So you can get this into your thick skull, this is not a BJ vs Fox

discussion, I rate both players in their own right!! I am sick to death

of players ability getting criticized on here for the wrong reason.[/quote]Wow, you know that much about me? We should meet up for a beer, what with me having no friends.Untwist your knickers mate, seriously.

Agh the good old if "CH says its right then it must be right" scenario... I love this one, please!! Yes CH is our manager and yes he is managing in the Premier League but the argument you are trying to use is the worst one out there. Its normally used by people who have lost the argument or know nothing about football.

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Agh the good old if "CH says its right then it must be right" scenario... I love this one, please!! Yes CH is our manager and yes he is managing in the Premier League but the argument you are trying to use is the worst one out there. Its normally used by people who have lost the argument or know nothing about football. [/quote]Did you study degree idiot, or just to A level?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I haven''t got any friends either[:''(]

[/quote]Lol, see you for a post match beer Saturday[;)]

[quote user="Militant Canary"]"Hughton has not reached that chapter in his book on tactics yet."

He''s not Paul Lambert. Get over it. He''s probably better than him... he is certainly different.

Lambert is the sort of manager who chops and changes willy-nilly. Whilst that is sometimes admirable, it is rare for a manager to do this and it is not infrequently thick. Most of the time, he was doing that to correct his own mistakes and the tactics employed certainly were not subtle.

Have you ever heard of nuance? There''s more nuance in football tactics than is generally given credit. Hughton understands this and is a master of it - ask Newcastle fans. Just wait till next season, you''ll see. We''ll be a strong premier league team, with steady and stable improvement throughout.

What I don''t understand is, you answer my question - probably giving the same answer that Hughton himself has reached - but have to go further and slag off the manager. Why? Get behind the team, or kindly sod off.[/quote]
Why? Fair cop - having a bad day and went a step too far. Apologies
For the record I am of the school that would keep him even if relegated. Chopping and changing managers is not a panacea. Look at Blackburn.
However like many I do get frustrated by CH''s reluctance to make early change up substitutions. But hey we are all great managers from the seats in the stands - not!
OTBC

I would suggest that the introduction of Walcott rather than Fox had as much to do with if not more so, the game moving in Arsenal''s direction.....the villian however will always be the linesman, without his intervention ,whilst Arsenal may well have got a late equalizer,we certainly wouldn''t have lost.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Agh the good old if "CH says its right then it must be right" scenario... I love this one, please!! Yes CH is our manager and yes he is managing in the Premier League but the argument you are trying to use is the worst one out there. Its normally used by people who have lost the argument or know nothing about football. [/quote]Did you study degree idiot, or just to A level?[/quote]proving my point exactly!!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]Agh the good old if "CH says its right then it must be right" scenario... I love this one, please!! Yes CH is our manager and yes he is managing in the Premier League but the argument you are trying to use is the worst one out there. Its normally used by people who have lost the argument or know nothing about football. [/quote]Did you study degree idiot, or just to A level?[/quote]proving my point exactly!! [/quote]Oh, just O level then[:(]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"][quote user="Militant Canary"]"Hughton has not reached that chapter in his book on tactics yet."

He''s not Paul Lambert. Get over it. He''s probably better than him... he is certainly different.

Lambert is the sort of manager who chops and changes willy-nilly. Whilst that is sometimes admirable, it is rare for a manager to do this and it is not infrequently thick. Most of the time, he was doing that to correct his own mistakes and the tactics employed certainly were not subtle.

Have you ever heard of nuance? There''s more nuance in football tactics than is generally given credit. Hughton understands this and is a master of it - ask Newcastle fans. Just wait till next season, you''ll see. We''ll be a strong premier league team, with steady and stable improvement throughout.

What I don''t understand is, you answer my question - probably giving the same answer that Hughton himself has reached - but have to go further and slag off the manager. Why? Get behind the team, or kindly sod off.[/quote]
Why? Fair cop - having a bad day and went a step too far. Apologies
For the record I am of the school that would keep him even if relegated. Chopping and changing managers is not a panacea. Look at Blackburn.
However like many I do get frustrated by CH''s reluctance to make early change up substitutions. But hey we are all great managers from the seats in the stands - not!
OTBC
[/quote]

My apologies also for being a bit harsh.

Respect.

I do believe, however, that from now on loud and vocal positivity is required. We need to yell our lungs out for the team to urge them on. Any negativity will only be detrimental.

We have to ask ourselves: do we want the team to stay up? If you do, then get vocally behind the team. Anybody else, just stay away.

Its that simple now. Either with us or against us.

OTBC!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]I would suggest that the introduction of Walcott rather than Fox had as much to do with if not more so, the game moving in Arsenal''s direction.....the villian however will always be the linesman, without his intervention ,whilst Arsenal may well have got a late equalizer,we certainly wouldn''t have lost.[/quote]

That''s what I think. The big difference between the top premier clubs and the rest is the depth of quality in the squad. We used to regularly change games in this manner when in League One and to a certain extent the Champs. However we are now on the receiving end of this. And there''s nothing Hughton can do about it. The trouble is posters on here always look to blame something or someone whenever we don''t win instead of looking at the bigger picture and where we are at. Why Saturday was soooo galling was the officials gave Arsenal a hand as well!

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="morty"][quote user="NCFC4LIFE"]NO Morty I am not even talking about if Fox is good or not, I am not talking about last season!! Please grasp and understand if you can that Fox hasn''t even played for us this season, so blaming him for the reason we lost the game on Saturday is lunacy. Hughton cant expect to get the best out of someone who hasn''t played all season. The use of the squad this season has been atrocious. [/quote]Who blamed Fox for us losing on Saturday?Have a wee think why Hughton hasn''t rotated the squad. Hopefully you will arrive at the conclusion that some players aren''t good enough for the Premiership.

[/quote]OMG you really talk nonsense... So he was good enough for the Prem last year? He finished 3rd in player of the season!! JESUS! He hasn''t rotated the squad because he is inept at changing formation and utilising his players. He is one dimensional and Fox doesn''t fit into his style of football. If you dont play your players in games they wont be match fit. You agreed with original poster therefore blaming Fox for the outcome of the score! [/quote]

Yet again, the history of last season is rewritten. I don''t have full details at work but Fox was replaced by Howson once he was fit and Howson was first choice for the last quarter if the season. Even Lambert didn''t think Fox was the best he had by the end of last season.

I like Fox not because of what he does particularly but because the team always seemed to play better when he was there. This season he was excellent at Peterborough and poor against Luton.

As for squad rotation being atrocious, that''s just ridiculous. His season has confirmed what we knew last May namely that many of last season''s squad are not good enough in the long term. What is it about Jackson, Barnett, C Martin, Tierney or sad to say Fox in their admittedly sparse appearances this season that justifies their gtreater involvement? I wish it were not so but it is the case that they are not players with long term Premier. League careers.[/quote]If he wasn''t good enough and CH thought this, why did he give him a three year contract at the start of the season?[/quote]

That''s a very good question. We know that Hughton watched recordings of all last season''s matches. Perhaps he formed a view but has been disappointed in training. It does need explaining. It does not affect anything I said before though.

Perhaps it was a combination of both Walcott coming on and Johnson going off. There was undoubtedly more space for Cazorla/Ramsey to work. I''m not saying this is the reason we lost though, that remains the lino''s fault.

I was just making an observation. Not an attack on Fox.

GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary wrote the following post at 15/04/2013 11:37 AM:

"I would suggest that the introduction of Walcott rather than Fox had as much to do with if not more so, the game moving in Arsenal''s direction.....the villian however will always be the linesman, without his intervention ,whilst Arsenal may well have got a late equalizer,we certainly wouldn''t have lost. "

This

Militant, I agree. Whatever the personnel, whatever the tactics, however the game is going we need to be audibly behind the team. 
Players sensing they are losing the crowd will not help in any way shape or form.
Apologies to others if we have gone a bit off topic.
COYY

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I don''t think that''s true NN - It''s just we don''t like to be seen with you and your shirts in public.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I don''t think that''s true NN - It''s just we don''t like to be seen with you and your shirts in public.

[/quote]

Oh nooooooooooooo...

Wish Tilly was back on holiday[H]

[quote user="morty"]Totally agree.And all the people who have been whining on for months about how it was some criminal act that Fox wasn''t in the team, seem to have gone mysteriously quiet.Apparently Fox was the answer to all our "problems".Bradley has had an amazing season, and makes our engine room as good as it is.[/quote]Uhh, well i''ve been arguing Fox should be in the team but there''s a few key points that differs from what you''re saying.1) I would never ask (this season, based on BJ''s form) for Fox to replace Johnson, two completely different midfielders. Bradley has been immense but he is a completely different player to Fox so judging fox based on a forced substition in a game where we were already under the cosh before he came on, to do a job which isn''t his natural game, is unfair to the extreme.2) I have been calling for Fox to get a game ahead of Howson - who in my opinion has been poor. Saying that, he looked better in my opinion vs Arsenal.3) I also wouldn''t say Fox was the answer to all our problems and i don''t think i''ve seen anyone say it. Although entirely possible someone has. What i would say is our passing in relation to ball retention has been exceedingly poor in some recent games and generally speaking throughout the season. This is undeniably Fox''s biggest asset regardless of your current opinion on him, the only fair form we can go on was last season where his role was vital in some games.[:)]