Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Match fixed by another dodgy official.

No doubt that the third goal was clearly offside and no doubt that you were very harshly dealt with today however here''s a different perspective on the corner/penalty incident.The corner was debatable , its difficult to see if Snoddy got a touch or not ..but Snoddy then went on to berate the liner ...probably questioning his parentage / how ugly his mother is etc etc....to put it mildly.The liner then obviously thought right , the next chance i get to penalise you , i will ...and he did ...on two occasions.A human reaction but unprofessional , you boys copped for the wrath of a pissed off ref''s helper today.

Not sure I''m convinced by the conspiracy theories. The free kick leading to our goal wasn''t a foul - Kamara trips himself.

Yes it was a soft penalty, but no softer than our free kick was.

[quote user="tele"]Not sure I''m convinced by the conspiracy theories. The free kick leading to our goal wasn''t a foul - Kamara trips himself.

Yes it was a soft penalty, but no softer than our free kick was.[/quote]

It only takes a tiny clip on the foot to cause him to trip on the back of his own leg.

It''s more likely that than Kamara forgetting how to run in a straight line.

It doesn''t matter how soft the penalty decision was really. It wasn''t a corner so shouldn''t have happened.

I don''t believe the conspiracy theories either. I just think its bad officiating.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]

Like many I too am still really angry after watching, shall we say, such "dodgy" decisions. This was the first time in my 45 plus years of watching Norwich City that I have come close to suspecting corruption........what else could it be I ask?

Sure, you can get one seriously "dodgy" decision go against you, maybe a couple at a push in one game, usually after the game when you have calmed down you change your mind or can see the other side of things. But today, it wasnt only for each goal, there were a few other times when things didnt quite seem right, but I can put those down to what happens in most games when you dont get the 50/50 or the home side gets the benefit of the doubt.

BUT these were serious, obvious, concerning WRONG decisions.....and yes we would have probably come away with a point at least until the penalty decision turned the game.

Regardless of the studio experts from the Premier League coverage over here (thats Curbs and Townsend) changing their minds after disecting in slow motion and then agreeing it was a penalty, I still disagree with them.....because its a decision that shouldnt have been required due to the incorrect corner plus their player also had l  hold of Kamara''s shirt too...plus of course much, much worse shirt holding is ignored every week, every match, and the decison was the refs he was closest, had the best view and should have stuck with his decision.  

Yes, it was a little "dodgy" to say the least.......

[/quote]

There are currently 680 matches being investigated by Europol as "highly suspicious" with a number of these being games from the English Premier League. There are probable links to Asian gambling syndicates and several corrupt officials have already been prosecuted. After yesterday''s antics by two clowns called West and Jones, that number has grown to 681. Jones has previous with Arsenal (accompanied by his sidekick) and has refereed them nine times at home, resulting in eight wins and one draw. On 8th December 2012, they awarded Arsenal two extremely controversial penalties against WBA, both decisions receiving widespread condemnation. Yet still it continues. Why do the English football authorities allow it to continue? Many would say there is clear evidence of corruption and it has even been suggested that Jones is Wenger''s secret love child. There is a undeniable need for some openness in this matter. What exactly was West constantly saying when he was hiding his mouth behind his hand? Why are these conversations not heard as in other sports? I think the answer to this perfectly obvious.

[quote user="tele"]Not sure I''m convinced by the conspiracy theories. The free kick leading to our goal wasn''t a foul - Kamara trips himself. Yes it was a soft penalty, but no softer than our free kick was.[/quote]

Not so. Trip to Specsavers recommended. Gibbs clearly clipped him.

[quote user="pdlufc"]No doubt that the third goal was clearly offside and no doubt that you were very harshly dealt with today however here''s a different perspective on the corner/penalty incident.
The corner was debatable , its difficult to see if Snoddy got a touch or not ..but Snoddy then went on to berate the liner ...probably questioning his parentage / how ugly his mother is etc etc....to put it mildly.
The liner then obviously thought right , the next chance i get to penalise you , i will ...and he did ...on two occasions.
A human reaction but unprofessional , you boys copped for the wrath of a pissed off ref''s helper today.
[/quote]

Highly likely or, as suggested by someone, one in receipt of a nice fat brown envelope.

I was disgusted by the decisions and must ask whether the officials are; a) incompetent b) biased c) ?. but the thing that annoyed me most was the sight of some of the Norwich bench shaking hands with the officials at the end of the game. They should have totally ignored the officials and until the club takes a sterner line with officials we will always be on the receiving end of poor decisions because we are a soft touch. Ferguson, Wenger, Moyes, Pardew and even Lambert to name but a few dont stand back and take everything thrown at them without a whimper.