Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

Match fixed by another dodgy official.

How can anyone say that was a genuine decision for the penalty when that Ref clearly didnt give it.  and then the linesman didnt see the offside leading up to the 3rd goal????   Yet another game Norwich are robbed of the points by poor officiating and yet again for another week the officials help Arsenal win the points.

To be honest I would love to see their bank accounts, mainly the lino because I just can not see how they got them wrong. The ref never even thought about putting his whistle to his mouth for the pen and Walcott was clearly offside in the build up to the 3rd.

Bloody disgusting.

But none of the powers that be will bat an eyelid.

Everyone gets what they want. Arsenal push on for Champs League, Arse hole Wenger is happy, a fashionable Arsenal complete a ''routine'' win, and an unfashionable Norwich get pushed ever closer to the trapdoor.

Chris Hughton comes on MOTD and applauds Arsenals quality and says he respects the officials decsions. That is not criticising Hughton as I think he got the tactics spot on, just imagine what Wenger would say in his post match interview if the decisions were the other way round.

(Unts.

The penalty decision was a clear norwich goal kick and he gives the corner, he cant see that 6 yards in front of him but he makes a decision 30 yards away. The 2nd goal the player who puts it in is pulling on bassongs shirt the same as the penalty desision. The 3rd goal he is 2 yards offside right in front of the lino. May sound that sour grapes but i think we have a case in every goal there. Well fixed lino.

No JF, you''re totally and factually right.

Even unbiased spectacles (neutral''s) in the pub I was in said exactly the same thing after the game. Ridiculous

A couple of weeks or so ago they where talking about match fixing in the lower leagues so why not the premier league the refs all give the bigger clubs the decisions I know you know it the fa know but they won''t do a thing about it disgraceful

Because I''m guessing if a formal investigation ever did happen, there would be a huge fall-out.

Just like the whole court case relegation Tevez saga a few years back, brushed under the carpet as quickly as possible

These are NEIL WARNOCKS words from Final Score:-

"You are shaken after feeling such an injustice when a man 50-yards away gives a decision for a penalty that no Arsenal player appeals for.

"You have a busy linesman over there. I get in trouble so much about referees but now I can say what I want.

"That penalty that started this would not have been given at the other end of the pitch."

This is from a guy who hates us from his QPR and Leeds days, and that tells you everything you need to know.

And Neil Warnock is also a qualified referee.....I agree with Warnock, I concur that we wouldn''t have been awarded the penalty if it was us.....

Warnock does not hate us at all, actually good friends with Delia in fact

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Suddenly feeling a lot of love for Neil Warnock. Will stop calling him Colin.... for the time being anyway
[/quote]

Neil a future City manager......perhaps? [H] 

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Suddenly feeling a lot of love for Neil Warnock. Will stop calling him Colin.... for the time being anyway
[/quote]

Neil a future City manager......perhaps? [H] 

[/quote]

you could take the result if it were justyfied, we were the Victims of a Corrupt set of Officials yet again, To my recconing thats the 4th fixed result I have seen us involved in this season, How can the FA Spout on about Respect when they can''t or won''t do anything about Match fixing.  

That linesman should switch to non-league football. All the "big" teams play in the Premiership, so he wouldn''t have to do any more favours for them.

If the penalty hadn''t been given I''m convinced we would have got something out of the game, probably 3 points and the double over the Gunners

Like many I too am still really angry after watching, shall we say, such "dodgy" decisions. This was the first time in my 45 plus years of watching Norwich City that I have come close to suspecting corruption........what else could it be I ask?

Sure, you can get one seriously "dodgy" decision go against you, maybe a couple at a push in one game, usually after the game when you have calmed down you change your mind or can see the other side of things. But today, it wasnt only for each goal, there were a few other times when things didnt quite seem right, but I can put those down to what happens in most games when you dont get the 50/50 or the home side gets the benefit of the doubt.

BUT these were serious, obvious, concerning WRONG decisions.....and yes we would have probably come away with a point at least until the penalty decision turned the game.

Regardless of the studio experts from the Premier League coverage over here (thats Curbs and Townsend) changing their minds after disecting in slow motion and then agreeing it was a penalty, I still disagree with them.....because its a decision that shouldnt have been required due to the incorrect corner plus their player also had l  hold of Kamara''s shirt too...plus of course much, much worse shirt holding is ignored every week, every match, and the decison was the refs he was closest, had the best view and should have stuck with his decision.  

Yes, it was a little "dodgy" to say the least.......

i just heard the audio commentary today so cant be certain but is this pic from the penalty-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHv1whyCEAAcQPF.jpg:large

if so, i have a simple rule for norwich players: dont grab handfuls of opposition shirts!! its simple!!! just mark the players :(

as i say- i may be wrong. yes the ars-nal player is grabbing norwich but then let him give away the foul!

Couldnt agree more with everyone that slippery tw@ puts 10k on arsenal at 4-11 and pockets himself 3and bit grand. He does it online in a family members name. Arsenal then win with a LOT of help from him noticeably in the last ten minutes or so, so he gave them as much chance without interfering as possible but then when it looked like his bet was lost he decides to make the win happen at all costs. While all this happens the F.A dont bat an eyelid as its just Norwich City that small club in the East somewhere

[quote user="Martin Bryant"]i just heard the audio commentary today so cant be certain but is this pic from the penalty-

if so, i have a simple rule for norwich players: dont grab handfuls of opposition shirts!! its simple!!! just mark the players :(

as i say- i may be wrong. yes the ars-nal player is grabbing norwich but then let him give away the foul![/quote]

Right enough.    But both players holding each other''s shirt.  50 -50. So why a penalty?In real time it must have been impossible to tell who started it, I may be wrong.   But for the first time in a long time I shall be interested to see what the  pundits say on MOTD and the slow and the real time video.     

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Martin Bryant"]i just heard the audio commentary today so cant be certain but is this pic from the penalty-

as i say- i may be wrong. yes the ars-nal player is grabbing norwich but then let him give away the foul![/quote]

Right enough.    But both players holding each other''s shirt.  50 -50. So why a penalty?In real time it must have been impossible to tell who started it, I may be wrong.   But for the first time in a long time I shall be interested to see what the  pundits say on MOTD and the slow and the real time video.     

[/quote]

agreed its 50-50 and shouldnt be a pen.. but- we are our danger zone of our own penalty area,

the arsenal player has so much less to lose.. a free kick at worst for him, we lose a penalty..

i cringe every time i see it happen... just not worth the risk :(

Was watching on a dodgy US stream, Warren Barton said that the ref couldn''t see the shirt pulling for the Pen and the linesman, although a long way away, had a better angle-I would agree, as KK definitely had a huge handful of the Arsenal player''s shirt-so regardless of who saw it, it would appear to be the right decision. Athough it was obviously not a corner in the first place, and the Arsenal player didn''t actually appear to be hampered by the shirt pulling, and only fell down after KK had cleared the ball.

BTW If you think officials in the Premier League are corrupt I think you''re seriously deluded!

[quote user="Mr Angry"]Was watching on a dodgy US stream, Warren Barton said that the ref couldn''t see the shirt pulling for the Pen and the linesman, although a long way away, had a better angle-I would agree, as KK definitely had a huge handful of the Arsenal player''s shirt-so regardless of who saw it, it would appear to be the right decision. Athough it was obviously not a corner in the first place, and the Arsenal player didn''t actually appear to be hampered by the shirt pulling, and only fell down after KK had cleared the ball.

BTW If you think officials in the Premier League are corrupt I think you''re seriously deluded![/quote]Hi Mr Oliver how was Wembley tonight

[quote user="Mr Angry"] If you think officials in the Premier League are corrupt I think you''re seriously deluded![/quote]

No, they are just useless.   But so are the players.  Most will happily dive/cheat to get a free kick or penalty.  But shirt pulling is a foul - but then refs don''t whistle for it and linesmen don''t usually signal for it.   So why today?    The simple answer is self-discipline.   Don''t tug on someone''s shirt.   Don''t fall over if you are breathed on.   Don''t look for fouls and don''t commit fouls. It can''t be that difficult, really, can it? 

Yes, and they shoud die of cancer eh? Pardon me but you''re not exactly the voice of reason are you?

MOTD may edit Hughton''s post match comments to omit his thoughts on the linesman, but if you go to the BBC''s website you can see the full unedited 3-4 mins interview

They are not corrupt of course but if they were, they couldn''t stitch up the smaller clubs more than they currently do with their lazy, careless and biased performances.