Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

QPR. ???

So if or when I should say QPR get relegated what do you think the chances of us going after remy I have seen that he could go for around 6 mill should we put in a bid if that''s the case just a thought what do you think?

If they get relegated there is a release clause in his contract. Looks a decent prospect, if he can stay fit! We definitely need another striker alongside RVW so sure, why not!

Personally wouldn''t  touch a player from a relegated club.   May be  narrow view, but if a player has been involved in a team that has been relegated he ought to stay and put it right, not look for a transfer out.   Ok, it might be that they have to off load him, but still would prefer players that are successful, not the opposite, how ever good he may appear on paper.   Hoillet is another example.   There is usually a reason why teams are relegated and its usually the players at fault.

Good point LDC, the attitude in the QPR camp has been dire at times this season. Plus, thinking about it, they''re probably all on massive wages which we can''t compete with right now - why else would Hoillet or Remy have gone to QPR over other clubs apart from for money?

At a responsible price, yes for sure. A partnership of Remy and RVW would be incredible.

Unfortunately his wages will be way to high

Wed very likely be competing with Newcastle, assuming they (and we) stay up. They were within a gnat''s crotchet of signing him in January. He may well be swayed by their current French contingent too. I''d say they have the edge financially too, unfortunately...

I''m sure he''d be very happy to drop from his present wage of £80,000 a week which QPR are committed to paying him for several more years to a fraction of that to come here.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally wouldn''t  touch a player from a relegated club.   May be  narrow view, but if a player has been involved in a team that has been relegated he ought to stay and put it right, not look for a transfer out.   Ok, it might be that they have to off load him, but still would prefer players that are successful, not the opposite, how ever good he may appear on paper.   Hoillet is another example.   There is usually a reason why teams are relegated and its usually the players at fault.

[/quote]What like Bassong?

"Personally wouldn''t touch a player from a relegated club. May be narrow view, but if a player has been involved in a team that has been relegated he ought to stay and put it right, not look for a transfer out. Ok, it might be that they have to off load him, but still would prefer players that are successful, not the opposite, how ever good he may appear on paper. Hoillet is another example. There is usually a reason why teams are relegated and its usually the players at fault. "

I do understand the sentiment of wanting winners, confidence breeds confidence and as a team we have been the epitome of success breeding success over the previous 3 seasons.

But the rest is not just narrow minded, it doesn''t make much sense. Last time I checked there are 11 players on the pitch and 25 squad, to tar every player as at fault and unsuccessful is pretty bewildering. Not to mention theres a manager, coach, Chief exec and owner etc. who usually all contribute to a clubs downfall.

Bassong being an obvious example as already stated. Went down with Wolves but with us has clearly showed the talent he has.

Was Dean Aston a bad buy for those interested in him (future injuries unbeknown at the time!) because he was relegated with us?

It''s true that some players are quite clearly mercenary and can''t wait to jump ship upon relegation, that some players have their confidence badly hit by relegation and some players never show the same performances prior to relegation as after. But to suggest that anyone from a relegated team is not, and therefore wouldn''t be, successful as an individual is rather simplistic imo.

Oh dear me, be realistic people come on!! Not a hope in ell. Have you seen his wages? Hve you seen he is wanted by arsenal and tottenham?

There is no hope in hell of him coming here, this guy is purely motivated by money. Should have known that when he chose qpr in the first place.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally wouldn''t  touch a player from a relegated club.   May be  narrow view, but if a player has been involved in a team that has been relegated he ought to stay and put it right, not look for a transfer out.   Ok, it might be that they have to off load him, but still would prefer players that are successful, not the opposite, how ever good he may appear on paper.   Hoillet is another example.   There is usually a reason why teams are relegated and its usually the players at fault. [/quote]The opportunity to save significant sums ought to offset any temporary lack of confidence. The money saved could then be used towards the transfer of a confident player, eg Steven Whittaker.

looking at this season''s buys from the bottom3.

Wolves.

Fletcher 15m >> Sunderland

Jarvis 13.5m >> Stoke

Blackburn

Hoilett Free >> QPR

Nzonzi 4.5m >> Stoke

Bolton

Jaaskelinen Free >> Wet Spam

I wouldn''t particularly say they are cheap, nevertheless, Fletcher''s goals may keep them in division.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]I''m sure he''d be very happy to drop from his present wage of £80,000 a week which QPR are committed to paying him for several more years to a fraction of that to come here.[/quote]Just the four years three months left of his 4 1/2 year deal might indeed prove too great a hurdle for any non mentalist club .

I think QPR are in for a few unpleasant surprises when they try to offload their players in the coming months,  can''t see any more than three or four QPR players at the very most who might be offered the chance to even match their wages elsewhere.

[quote user="Baracouda"]looking at this season''s buys from the bottom3.

Wolves.

Fletcher 15m >> Sunderland

Jarvis 13.5m >> Stoke

Blackburn

Hoilett Free >> QPR

Nzonzi 4.5m >> Stoke

Bolton

Jaaskelinen Free >> Wet Spam

I wouldn''t particularly say they are cheap, nevertheless, Fletcher''s goals may keep them in division.[/quote]Jarvis went to West Ham it was Kightly who went to Stoke.

Are you mad? There is noway we would get Remy. He''s on inflated wages, we weren''t even interested in him in the first place. He''l go to Newcastle or Liverpool or something

There isn''t a single player I would take from QPR apart from Townsend and he''s not even theirs.