Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Bolton Wanderers U21s 0-1 Norwich City U21s.

Norwich win thanks to Loza''s goal before half time.

Ruddy; Carroll, Sheriff (c), Gafaiti, McNeil; Kelly; Nkumu, Hodd; Clunan; Loza, Browne.

SUBS: Heath, Steer (GK), St Louis, Efete.

Interestingly only 4 subs, due to the FA Youth Cup tomorrow night, obviously, but most notably no Pilkington? I thought he would be close to a return by now

Tricky decision ahead for CH - do you drop Bunn or not? Seems a bit harsh but I guess you have to bring Ruddy back if it is felt he''s up to speed - he is an England keeper after all.

Ruddy has to earn his place - Bunn has definitely earned his place in the side lately.

That said, we''re still conceding goals

This is the tricky bit. You can''t really see Ruddy being here too long if he isn''t the number one - tbh I think he (or Bunn) might be off in the summer, almost certain if we do go down. As for now, I''m not 100% sure what I''d do.

I recall when we signed Bunn that Blackburn fans were gutted - some saw him as being better than Robinson who was their no1, he is definitely decent, I just wish he was a bit taller/bigger!

If you are sure Ruddy if fully ready you start with him - you play your strongest team esp in big game.

As good as Bunn has been Ruddy is simply better.

If Ruddy is fit then I think it''s particularly important that he plays in the Stoke and West Brom games. He is bigger and more imposing when dealing with high balls and crosses.

Pilks didn''t play tonight, so can''t see him being in the squad for the weekend sadly.

Ruddy will be pushing for a recall if match fit obviously. Bunn, despite how good he has been, has conceded quite a few goals despite making a lot of good saves.

It is a difficult one, but I''m not sure Ruddy will go straight back into the squad

I think Thirsty Lizard has made a really important point. As good as Bunn has been he doesn''t look that secure when the opposition get bodies around him and pressure him (particularly from set plays). That will inevitably happen at Stoke who can still rely on Shotton and Cameron for the big throws. So I think he probably does need to come back in.

Pilks was ready Saturday, CH decided not to risk, will be in squad this weekend.

For me, when Ruddy is fit he plays, simple...... Same with Bassong, Turner, Johnson, Snodgrass. All earned the right to be first picks this season.

[quote user="AJ"]Pilks didn''t play tonight, so can''t see him being in the squad for the weekend sadly.

Ruddy will be pushing for a recall if match fit obviously. Bunn, despite how good he has been, has conceded quite a few goals despite making a lot of good saves.

It is a difficult one, but I''m not sure Ruddy will go straight back into the squad[/quote]Hughton has already said Pilks is fit and ready to return to action, I''d argue that him not appearing for the U21s is a good sign he''ll be in the squad this weekend.

Its not a difficult decision IMO Ruddy is the better keeper without a doubt therefore if fit he plays...simples

If Ruddy is fit and training well he has to be back. Although Bunn is excellent  we really need to boost team confidence and I think Ruddy returning will do that, as others have said it is more than just just shot stopping which Bunn has been great at, we need to install confidence in defense at corners set pieces that if in six yard box will be dealt with by keeper.Bunn will still have his chance especially if we go down but I suspect we will struggle to hold on to Ruddy even if we stay up

[quote user="CJ"] I suspect we will struggle to hold on to Ruddy even if we stay up [/quote]I don''t agree, if he''d played all of this season then that might well have been the case, but who knows what performance levels will be like following an injury like he had.  I think it''s more likely that he''ll go next Summer (2014) if he returns to similar form.