Sign in to follow this  
Redders Right Foot

Holts twitter deleted.

his final tweet was something along the lines of - too much abuse, not what it used to be. too many keyboard warriors - bye tweeps.

-----

just incase anyone asks and wonders why it''s gone (I''m sure someone would on here at some point.)

What with this and moving to Carlisle he must be off in the summer right? ;)

[quote user="Olly"]What with this and moving to Carlisle he must be off in the summer right? ;)[/quote]

Could be, or maybe he is just fed up with all the normal for norfolks, the same ones who drove Morrison out

Can you blame him? some of the stuff posted on there to him, to David McNally et al, on Twitter and on here is so personal and very abusive and I don''t think I would want to be party to that if I was him, just not funny and lacks any class.

And I am also finding this ability to feed Durham on Talksport so ridiculous, just leave him be.

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Can you blame him? some of the stuff posted on there to him, to David McNally et al, on Twitter and on here is so personal and very abusive and I don''t think I would want to be party to that if I was him, just not funny and lacks any class.

And I am also finding this ability to feed Durham on Talksport so ridiculous, just leave him be.

[/quote]

Some think they are funny, or clever, tweeting  smart or  abusive comments to "famous" people.    They are just pathetic low lifes who as you say have no class.     As for the Durham show, don''t bother, he''s the ultimate troll in human form.

Doesn''t necessarily mean Holt is finished here at all. He deleted his account shortly after handing in his transfer request.I think it is a real shame he is no longer on twitter.

Personally I really like it as a resource. People say that footballers are distant from the fans these days. Twitter allows you to really interact with players. The thing that struck me on Saturday was that the players were as gutted and as furious about the defeat as the supporters were. That is great to see.

Unfortunately as a player the flip side is that you have to accept you are going to get all kinds of abuse from people who are usually on the wind up. Even Elliott Bennett who seems about the most inoffensive person ever gets stacks of abuse on there.

Holty has decided he is fed with the abuse and has left. That is his decision and fair enough. Its a shame because he is one of the big characters around the club. But I would rather he did that than fly off the handle at someone. Some of Ryan Bennett''s tweets in recent weeks particularly in the aftermath of the Arsenal game were somewhat ill advised.

Probably for the best, was getting a large number of grade A bellends `tweeting` him and i''d hardly recommend Holty for a nobel prize in general knowledge and intelligence so it was becoming inevitable he''d get himself in trouble at some point.

I''d feel much happier with all our players off twitter really!

It''s just twitter. People read and spend way to much time on twitter.

It encourages people to say things to others that they wouldn''t even dream of in real life.

Causes more trouble than good...

This really upsets me to be honest. We all f*cking love Grant Holt, if this is how his time at Norwich is to end then it will really be a bitter pill to swallow. I''ll miss him if he goes, and I''ll now be missing him from twitter too. God damn the fools, this is why we can''t have nice things.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin!"][quote]Can''t wait until he leave''s the club. We''ve become more like Ipswich/TWTD not more bothered about what some players saying on Twitter than what they do on the pitch.[/quote]
And your post is the epitome of that. Did you even read what you typed out????? Wanting the best player in recent Norwich history to leave because of twitter..... you moron.

w.. poor didduns Holt isnt the player he used to be, puts on weight,get''s a contract then shoves the proverbial head up the backside and doesnt bother anymore...and he wonders why he gets some flack....

This is something he should have done months ago or never set up an account.

Holt as a footballer will always attract certain attention ie Swansea fans abuse.

On top of that he exposes his nearest and dearest and in all honesty who is interested in Holt the family man? It''s the same with other players, that''s what they are and we see them through that medium. Aside from that they are entitled to their privacy which makes it banal when Holt tweets about having a lovely time with his family in the days after matches which haven''t gone as planned.

Best out of it until you retire to Cumbria Grant.

Twitter / Facebook causes nothing but trouble. The youth police commissioner last week, countless sportsmen and women, not a week goes by without another Twitter scandal. Only the bad stuff is remembered and makes the headlines. Is it worth it.

Ban all squad members from public social media.

Personally i think it''s great to see Holt as the family man - Who wants to read about dicks like John Terry, Joey Barton and Ashley Cole?!

Seeing a good honest hard working family man doing well is a huge part of what makes Holty the legend he is, and always will be for me.

Just goes to show you don''t need to be mr flash to have people respect you.

The people who send abuse are the ones in the wrong, not the footballers who come into twitter open with their guard down.

Over the last few days his tweets became extremely bland, like he just couldn''t be bothered with it any more.

[quote user="morty"]Over the last few days his tweets became extremely bland, like he just couldn''t be bothered with it any more.[/quote]

Alternatively perhaps he was afraid morty would put him on the spot by demanding a one-word answer to the survival/relegation question...[:D]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Over the last few days his tweets became extremely bland, like he just couldn''t be bothered with it any more.[/quote]

Alternatively perhaps he was afraid morty would put him on the spot by demanding a one-word answer to the survival/relegation question...[:D]

[/quote]That could well be close to the truth[;)]