Sign in to follow this  
channonswindmill

One good thing pre-Reading is...

We look to have a near full strength squad for Hughton to pick from; which is definately a bonus for mid April. With Ruddy fit/near fit, Hoolahan rested, Pilkington ready and hopefully Johnson not serious after a dead leg at Arsenal, I can see the only absentee being Surman (?). 

As long as the Snodgrass/ Bassong thing mentioned in the post earlier was only precautionary and barring any training injuries, the manager will at least have all options open to pick the team to get us the three points.

As far as I''m aware Ruddy is supposed to start for us on Saturday, just need comfirmation from the club

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8643743/?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed_football

I not entirley convinced, Ruddy is of course the better Goalkeeper, but to replace one goalkeeper who is in great form with one who has been out for 5 months injured is a big call to make.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

I not entirley convinced, Ruddy is of course the better Goalkeeper, but to replace one goalkeeper who is in great form with one who has been out for 5 months injured is a big call to make.

[/quote]

Worked for Reading against Liverpool.

Ad I would hardly call Bunn in form. In his last three games he''s been sent off and injured.

Yeah thats a fair point GP, I hope you are right, the idea that he will slot back in and perform the same way as he did 5 months ago is a big ask and a risk. Is it worth taking a risk in such a massive game thats all.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"]

[/quote]

Risky indeed, but Hughton''s job could rest on this result so he has to be sure he''s making the correct call here. I''d stick with Bunn also as Ruddy will surely be a bit ''rusty''. 

Ruddy in the team is a risk, but if the risk is too high and we leak goals against Reading, does Ruddy become an even greater risak with fewer games to come? In other words if things go badly and oncoming matches become more and more important, we wouldn''t put him in.

He pulled off some good saves in the "reserve" fixture against Bolton, from all accounts. Someone made the point that against Stoke, when there will plenty of high balls and crosses, his size gives him a big advantage. If he doesn''t play against Reading, he must against Stoke, however well Bunn plays against Reading.