Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

FA youth cup tonight

isn''t it a two legged fixture, home and away? looking forward to the game. just wish i could attend but too far for me.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Anybody else going to the game? Predictions?

2-1 to city.

Where''s the final being played?[/quote]Yup, I''m going.I predict 3-nil city.The final is just played over two legs at each teams grounds, pity like, I would have like d a trip to Wemberlee!

I''ll be there. Predict a City win in front of a lot of excitables who haven''t been to Carrot Road before - endless renditions of City clap, clap, clap in tones so high only sheepdogs can hear them. Final is home and away.

Over 7,000 going, and I''m one of them

Expect another tight affair, 2-1 city

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would people who haven''t been before want to go to an U18s game?

Anyway, I''m going since I home...[/quote]

Ginger. A hellava lot of people who can''t go to the 1st team league games because various reasons (financial, physical, not being season ticket holders, etc) will go.

As someone said earlier, i expect there will be a lot of 1st timer screaming kids who could be our future fans.

It''s not just the 25''000 lucky supporters who can go every week that follow our team.

There are maybe 400000 to 500000 fans of various degrees who would love to be at Carrow Road every game but can''t get there for varying reasons.

Stick that up your pipe Mungo Jerry or whatever your name is.

Sorry Ginger, not having a go at you, but some people think we only have the 25,000 fans that can get into Carrow Road, when we are much bigger than that.

Wish i could be there, just not able to, physically.

I think he''s forgotten

How old they are

It''s probably the largest crowd any of the players have played in front of

That the first match on TV most of the players ever played in was the first leg

Another ref who got himself known by being god awful in the lower leagues, even awarding a goal for a shot that went wide.

Then some suit in Soho Square said, "we need to promote a ref from outside the Prem" and another suit said, "outside the Prem? No, I don''t know about that. The name Attwell rings a bell, give him a go".

Ref well in the lower league and the FA will not ever hear of you. Ref like Stevie Wonder and you''ll be officiating at Old Trafford before you''re 25. That''ll show those kids at school who were infinitely more talented than you who were nasty to you in your PE lessons.

The final is over two legs, apparently we are home in the first leg and it will be in May.I''m hoping for Chelsea as only a shortish journey for me :-)

Fair enough Canarygeorge, I do know we have more than 25,000, I just personally wouldn''t be interested in going to an U18s game if I didn''t really go to games, but I suppose some will want to.

Anyway, enjoyable game. Thought it was a but much asking the players to play an extra half an hour, some were verging on exhaustion in last 10 mins. But great effort from our players to keep going with 10 men.

Number 4 was great, well for first 80 mins, but then he tired a lot. 8 wasn''t too bad in the middle. Murphy brothers have talent, a little bit selfish, but so were many of the players on the pitch, it''s clearly something a lot of young players have in common. But lots of talent, pace, directness. Decent crossers, just need that extra training to get the final ball a bit better. They could be premiership players. 9 was great as well, could be new Grant Holt. Defence was good, but lots of last ditch blocking (from both teams).

Good game, some decent players, maybe a couple with Premiership class, only time will tell.

Hey guys, just back from the game. Nerve wracking the whole game!

Great atmosphere considering the crowds size and I even managed to get some of the city end singing along! The end especially was just amazing, loved the celebrations too.

Well done to all!

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Hey guys, just back from the game. Nerve wracking the whole game!

Great atmosphere considering the crowds size and I even managed to get some of the city end singing along! The end especially was just amazing, loved the celebrations too.

Well done to all![/quote]Loved it, really enjoyed it, and a susprisingly good atmosphere!Nearly 10k for a youth game is frikken amazing!

Where were you at morty? Quite a bit of singing where I was (Thorpe Area Row B) though I had to push them a bit!

I think I''ve destroyed my voice for a bit though. I went crazy at the end, so happy for the lads.

[quote user="BWs Cat "]Where were you at morty? Quite a bit of singing where I was (Thorpe Area Row B) though I had to push them a bit!

I think I''ve destroyed my voice for a bit though. I went crazy at the end, so happy for the lads.[/quote]Other end to you, Wensum Row G.I heard singing coming from the River end.No lie.