Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Injured Norwich fan

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bunns Armpit"]What I am or who I know is irrelevant Crabby. I''m sick of people constantly Steward bashing or condeming the club for trying to put things in order & save the club a) having to pay fines to the FA for failing to control crowd(by not getting them to sit down) or b) by having the capacity of Carrow Road reduced & the away allocation reduced. I''m actually a ST holder in the N&P & travel to most away games too if thats any help![/quote]They don''t help themselves sometimes though.At the pre season friendly I was taking photos of the Celtic fans and a steward singled me out from about 100 yards away and told me to stop it.Despite the fact there were hundreds of people round me doing exactly the same with their phones.I am all for order and rules, but a few of them need to exercise a bit of common sense.[/quote]

Exactly. There are reasonable Stewards, and those that make me want to thump them in the face.

For some reason, Carrow Road seems to be developing more of the latter.

I can''t help thinking that incidents like this, and the others mentioned above, would have been more widely reported (correction: would actually have been reported) if it wasn''t super-shiny, fashionable Arsenal or some such similar ''national media-friendly'' club who can do no wrong. Maybe I''m just paranoid.

[quote user="GenerationA47"]I can''t help thinking that incidents like this, and the others mentioned above, would have been more widely reported (correction: would actually have been reported) if it wasn''t super-shiny, fashionable Arsenal or some such similar ''national media-friendly'' club who can do no wrong. Maybe I''m just paranoid.[/quote]

I doubt it. Lets be honest, as unpleasant as it no doubt was for those involved here, it was one bloke chucking a 2p coin which happened to hit someone and cause more injury that I suspect was intended. Its hardly a major riot or even particularly a newsworthy incident. I''ve been struck by coins at games on a number of occasions over the years when standing close to the divide with the opposition fans.

The Emirates is about the least hostile ground you can visit in the top division so this incident should not be built up so as to make out that they have a major problem.

That''s should not be construed as me not having sympathy for Anita by the way. Obviously for her the whole thing was not pleasant and i hope the perpetrator gets caught. Chucking a coin at women and children is about as cowardly as it gets.

[quote user="Jim Smith"][quote user="GenerationA47"]I can''t help thinking that incidents like this, and the others mentioned above, would have been more widely reported (correction: would actually have been reported) if it wasn''t super-shiny, fashionable Arsenal or some such similar ''national media-friendly'' club who can do no wrong. Maybe I''m just paranoid.[/quote]

I doubt it. Lets be honest, as unpleasant as it no doubt was for those involved here, it was one bloke chucking a 2p coin which happened to hit someone and cause more injury that I suspect was intended. Its hardly a major riot or even particularly a newsworthy incident. I''ve been struck by coins at games on a number of occasions over the years when standing close to the divide with the opposition fans.

The Emirates is about the least hostile ground you can visit in the top division so this incident should not be built up so as to make out that they have a major problem.

That''s should not be construed as me not having sympathy for Anita by the way. Obviously for her the whole thing was not pleasant and i hope the perpetrator gets caught. Chucking a coin at women and children is about as cowardly as it gets.[/quote]

Honestly I''m shocked to hear this Jim (as someone who has only missed 2 away games this year, but has never been close to the opposition fans).

I''m guessing it has been overshadowed by the Millwall fans at Wembly and then the Newcastle/Sunderland trouble.  I would hope it would have at least some national reporting on a normal weekend.

ICF - Really? One fan gets hit by a coin and you would expect it to be national news. Even though we have come a long way I suspect across the country a fair few fans get coined, pushed, punched or ejected from grounds every saturday. I therefore don;t really see why this should attract any particular attention.

Yes to be honest. look at the fuss when a coin hit Rio Ferdinand - ok that''s a player but a coin can still do permanent damage if it hits someone in the eye.

I remember our Forest game away 3 years ago when one of our fans was set upon after the game (the guy who wore the green morph suit) and that made the national news, although partly the novelty value.

I thought it was rare nowadays to have a problem inside the ground.  People who get ejected are always warned in my experience (I guess it would be different if someone does something extreme) and maybe the stewards are a bit heavy-handed on occasion, but if a fan is warned and carries on, he can''t really complain if they eject him.  But that''s just my personal experience.

Outside the ground obviously it''s different but again I haven''t seen any trouble after a City away game for a long time.  The only time I''ve been personally involved in trouble was when we lost 2-1 at Ipswich in the 90s - the stewards let us straight out and there were no police outside the ground, a group of 1p5wich fans jostled us and one punched me from behind.  Fortunately I was with my girlfried and when we walked off they left us alone.  But I haven''t personally seen any trouble after a City game since then, much less had anything actually happen to me.

I think you have probably been quite fortunate then. I just don''t think its that newsworthy or unusual an incident. The Rio incident was different as it involved a very high profile player, being hit and cut, on the pitch on live TV.

Anyway the main point is that hopefully the idiot that threw the coin will get caught and will no doubt receive a lengthy ban!

Nice to see some unity on here with our fans. All the squabbling put aside.

I also went on Saturday and was on the right hand side. The stewards were not too bad that side and unless you enticed the Ar se fans they werent interested....until the scored and it was horrific. One norwich fan said his two penny worth and was arrested for enticing the home fans. Again its a big club mentality of ''you cant touch us or say anything to our fans but we can do what we want''.

Jim

I can''t comment on the inns and outs of what happened at the moment, but I am shocked that you believe this is a behaviour that is common and acceptable at a game, I am sure if u threw a coin or anything else for that matter at someone at work/ home etc you would be arrested... So why is it ok at at a match! You must have read previous posts saying that on the right hand side there was animosity which normally would of resulted in a few fans on both sides calmed and warned.

I have been to a lot of games home and away over 20 years and the only time I have seen objects thrown is at our local derby, and I believe they are thrown with intent to hurt!

The only think that made sense that you said was that this idiot should be banned.

Anita

Jim, sadly I get what you''re saying, just think this being a woman fan being knocked out and cut by a thrown coin makes it all the more despicable (as much as it presumably wasn''t aimed at her) & should have been publicised.

Glad you are recovering, Anita, and hope you''re ready to go back to the footie soon.

[quote user="AnitaNCFC"]Jim

I can''t comment on the inns and outs of what happened at the moment, but I am shocked that you believe this is a behaviour that is common and acceptable at a game, I am sure if u threw a coin or anything else for that matter at someone at work/ home etc you would be arrested... So why is it ok at at a match! You must have read previous posts saying that on the right hand side there was animosity which normally would of resulted in a few fans on both sides calmed and warned.

I have been to a lot of games home and away over 20 years and the only time I have seen objects thrown is at our local derby, and I believe they are thrown with intent to hurt!

The only think that made sense that you said was that this idiot should be banned.

Anita[/quote]

Anita.

I have not said its acceptable or that it''s ok. Its not and the culprit should be caught and banned. ''

I was simply responding to the post saying they were surprised this was not national news and that the only reason it wasn''t was the incidents with Millwall and Newcastle fans. I was simply saying that i don;t think one Arsenal chav chucking a coin is comparable nor is it something I would expect to make the national news. Indeed had the coin hit you on the arm (which probably 90 time out of 100 it would have done) then in all likelihood nothing would have come of it. Its not right or acceptable but if you go to away games and end up sat near the home fans then unfortunately abuse often gets exchanged and occasionally things get chucked. The outcome in this instance was therefore horrible for you and understandably hugely upsetting but I don;t think the fact it was not mentioned in the national news is indicative of some kind of wider hooligan problem at Arsenal being swept under the carpet as was being hinted at in posts above.

Apart from anything else, a 2 pence coin?Last time I had coins chucked at me (away at Swansea in the Championship year) I had a 20 pence lobbed at me.This is embarrassing that Arsenal are being outspent by sheep loving welshies.

[quote user="morty"]Apart from anything else, a 2 pence coin?Last time I had coins chucked at me (away at Swansea in the Championship year) I had a 20 pence lobbed at me.This is embarrassing that Arsenal are being outspent by sheep loving welshies.[/quote]

Sign of the economic downturn maybe?

[quote user="Bunns Armpit"]

Agree with this.For about an hour they politely kept asking us to sit down which we did but they eventually gave up after about an hour. The ones I talked too were very decent.( some of our little Hitlers stomping around Carrow Rd should take note )

Trouble what a lot of home fans fail to realise the stewards at FCR are doing their job. the Little Hitlers as you call them are trying to get people to sit down for safety reasons & also so that the capacity of FCR can remain as it is. Those kind fellows at away games who are quite happy to let you stand are actually having a jolly good laugh inside as they know if the away fans continue to stand the away allocation next season will be reduced & so it will for every ground than the away fans continue to stand. The clubs take video evidence to the FA & EPL that the Norwich fans(or any away fans) refused to sit down & the FA & EPL will then reduce the away allocation. This is happening at every Premier League & Championship ground around the country. This issue will not go away & you mark my words it will get a whole lot worse next season & every season after that until people compliy with the Ground Regulations...its not the clubs fault nor the stewards both are only following regualtions set down by the powers that be.

[/quote]That''s funny..... if they''re doing it in the Barclay and Snakepit I must have missed it. They were of course right on the case with away fans who followed smaller teams back in our League One/ Championship days but strangely anything but when the bigger teams rolled into town.Very odd.

Hi AnitaWe all send you our best wishes and hope last Saturday doesn''t put you off attending away games.It''s bad enough being hit by a coin without all the distress caused to your son and the worry of him being looked after. I''m glad a kind soul helped you out with that.With any luck they''ll catch the coin thrower and he''ll be banned for a few years.