Sign in to follow this  
Marmaduke

Rod Young

For those that weren''t at the game I''ll explain - he came on as a sub and then was subbed off 5 minutes later. This was a tactical change by Neil Adams because our right back was sent off just a couple of minutes after Rod Young came on.

credit to the lad, there''s plenty of professionals who would have had a moan, and a little paddy.

He seem to understand and took it well considering.

Really sorry for the lad, but after bringing on another attacker, with a defender sent off there was sadly no choice.

Excellent and very brave decision by Adams. Team first always. Something the kids need to learn which will help them a lot.

He tweeted ''What a great feeling it is to be in the final, took one for the team tonight, there''s no I in team''. Great attitude.

Remember seeing it happen to Nigel Jemson once when we were playing Sheff Wed. He didn''t take it so graciously ...

[quote user="Marmaduke"]Remember seeing it happen to Nigel Jemson once when we were playing Sheff Wed. He didn''t take it so graciously ...[/quote]

Its happened to you in reverse, Mungo, you were taken off but came back on again..................

I cannot give Rod enough credit. This must have really hurt inside being subbed pretty much straight away.

BUT, after the game he tweeted "I took one for the team, there''s no I in team"

Credit to the lad. He held his head high and didn''t get stroppy about it. Full of respect!

In the end we won so Adams made the correct call, but did seem a little odd to me.  You''re down to 10-men and have potentially another 60 minutes of football to play, so a player with fresh legs would in my mind be the last one to make way, but Adams made the brave call to sacrifice the offensive midfielder so not to have square pegs in round holes (but that''s why I''m sitting here in an office and not a football manager)!Either way, thought the attitude of Rod was top class.