Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

If Holt left who would be our new Talisman?

I was pondering this last night while watching the FA Youth cup.

I don''t mean with the fans as such, but more the face of the club. At the moment it''s clearly Holt, if Norwich are shown on TV you can guarantee Holt is featured, any talk about the club Holt is mentioned etc.

If he were to leave at the end of the season, who on earth to do we have?

My POTS is Snodgrass so far, but i don''t know if he has the character to be a ''talisman'' - He''s more of a ''get on with it'' kind of guy, without the razzmatazz.

Being a striker, and oozing character, Kei Kamara has potential... However, i don''t think he''s going to do it on the field.

I suppose with Ricky coming in he will become the face of the club by default, being a big signing. But right now, who do you think could carry the torch, if anyone?

Glenn Roeder was right to say new heroes will emerge. A new talisman will emerge as will new leaders as well. It is an organic process.

It may not be straight away. Hucks overlapped with Iwan but there was a gap between him and Holt. The new talisman is probably not yet at the club or even known to us.

I don''t know if he could be a talisman as such but I think were Holt to leave, his natural replacement as captain is Russell Martin. Whenever he speaks I am very impressed by what he has to say. He has also played exceptionally well this season.

We will have to see what happens with Holty over the summer though. This season has been struggle for him but given the last 3 seasons he has had which have been nothing short of miraculous perhaps he deserves the benefit of the doubt? I still wouldn''t bet against him having a big say yet.

If your looking for a player with charisma then surely Bassong. Seems to be the joker of the pack but with the ability to back it up.

Agreed. My views on Grant are well recorded.

But there will come a day when he leaves.

Russell Martin seems to make a good captain and will certainly be a good club captain. His role with the team will depend on his being in it and with Whittaker around that cannot be assumed.