Sign in to follow this  
Kirby_86

How likely is Ruddy to start on Saturday?

50/50

For me, I think Bunn should start. Would be very unfair in him to be dropped, yes Ruddy is an incredible keeper but I personally do not think Bunn is far behind him

[quote user="SYG"]50/50 For me, I think Bunn should start. Would be very unfair in him to be dropped, yes Ruddy is an incredible keeper but I personally do not think Bunn is far behind him[/quote]

But you think Bunn is behind him, so you would play the lesser of the 2 keepers? glad you are not the manager

Not a chance, Bunn has been in excellent form and had a great game against Arsenal. I don''t expect it would do much for player morale if he was dropped after his recent performances

How ever you look at it, Bunn conceded 3 goals at the weekend - I''ve seen ''keepers dropped for a lot less than that.

If he''s fit, in such a big game, Ruddy HAS to play

[quote user="AJ"]How ever you look at it, Bunn conceded 3 goals at the weekend - I''ve seen ''keepers dropped for a lot less than that. If he''s fit, in such a big game, Ruddy HAS to play[/quote]

He is the bedrock of our defence - with him in the team, we stay up - simples

Stick with Bunn. He''s razor sharp at the minute and has displayed passion, fire and drive in abundance. Obviously Ruddy does too but at least for Reading game, go with Bunn.

Difficult one, Ruddy must play at Stoke as they will do everything to exploit Bunn''s height with their set pieces but equally it would be a hell of a first game back to throw Ruddy into.........for that reason ,I think Ruddy needs to start against Reading to get his "eye in"...........but then again if he does come in against Reading there''d be plenty of questions asked as to why Bunn was dropped!

Ruddy is our first choice keeper, and we should pick our best players to give us a better chance of securing the points we need.As shrewdly noted above, Reading at home should be the ideal game to bring him back in for.

Errrrr no brainer. 110% ruddy. Any different answer is just wrong.

International goalkeeper certainly in the top 5 best GKs in the prem.

bunn will never be as good

Ruddy should have no cobwebs, has been in training a while, played several games and god knows how many ''routines'' at Colney - he ought to be as ready as thought is the start of the season. I''d say it is 50:50, CH has a few tricky decisions to make ahead of the coming games.

That''s true, but that dirty word match fitness. Whilst everyone will think I mean physical. I don''t.

It''s the cohesion between him and the defenders, can he pick up where he left off.. especially with the confidence to marshall the troops, and coming for the right balls or not.

I obviously I wouldn''t know, but if CH has any doubts I''ll prefer a Bunn at this moment.

[quote user="Baracouda"]that maybe true...

But what form is Ruddy in, if he''s still got some cobwebs. It''s 100% Bunn for me.[/quote]He''ll not have many cobwebs after a stout performance for the U21''s tonight at Bolton.[:D]

What has Bunn done to deserved to be dropped? If we run a team based on who we like more then we''re doomed. Whilst Ruddy''s injury was unfortunate, he now has to fight for his place. Thats the way it has to be.

[quote user="AJ"]How ever you look at it, Bunn conceded 3 goals at the weekend - I''ve seen ''keepers dropped for a lot less than that.

If he''s fit, in such a big game, Ruddy HAS to play[/quote]

Frankly, this is such a no brainer I am surprised it needs to be debated. We''re fighting for premiership and financial security.

Bunn has done nothing in order to get dropped. Ruddy is just better. Bunn has played more football this season than he probably thought he''d play in 2/3 seasons here with Ruddy as number 1 so he''s had a good run.

Ruddy is our number 1 though and should replace Bunn as soon as he''s ready. Hopefully that will be this Saturday.

Only way to get true match sharpness is to play matches....

I personal cant see Reading being a great goal threat on Saturday, so would be great to give him 90 in readiness for Stoke. Always play your best players surely????

[quote user="Canary Willo"]

Only way to get true match sharpness is to play matches....

I personal cant see Reading being a great goal threat on Saturday, so would be great to give him 90 in readiness for Stoke. Always play your best players surely????

[/quote]

Completely agree, Canary Willo.