Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Should we swap or not?

What are everyone''s views on this?  IMO we should NOT swap our game with Coventry.  For a variety of reasons:

1. It would mean 4 away games in late November/early December.  This could be detrimental to our season.
  2. If we play at a neutral venue it will be just as hard for Coventry as for us. 
  3. If they can''t build a stadium on time it''s their problem, not ours
  4. Why should we be inconvenienced for their cock up?
  5. We hardly ever win at Coventry   We might win at Villa Park though!

Having said all this though, you just know we''ll let them.

Thoughts?

No for exactly the reasons you state, i''d rather get this fixture out of the way, early on and at a neutral venue, as traditionally Coventry away has been a bit of a dodgy one for us in the past - apart from in our promotion season of course, which is the only time I can ever remember us beating them there!!

Could work out to be good if we have the first three at home win these and it will be very good for morale and confidence.get us back in the winning habit of when we were last in this division.

I think its great; get the season off to a running start with 3 home games and hopefully 9 points which will do wonders for moral... and when the 4 away games come along, hopefully the hard work will be done.

Definitely not. It would be great to be given Villa Park as the neutral venue. We would then have the potential for a massive away following, if enough City fans were interested. Up to 10,000 seats could be available for City fans at Villa Park, I would assume - depending on the rules of course.

Guys, if we want to win this season then we dont want to worry about playing a team home or away. We should be confident that we can do the business against whoever we play, where ever we play.

Longy

Makes no difference. we still have to play everyone home and away. By November Coventry will be 16th in the league and going nowhere. wouldnt fancy opening the new ground in front of the only sell out of the season though! 4 home games in a fortnight including inter milan. sunshine soccer. lovely. Enjoy.

[quote]Definitely not. It would be great to be given Villa Park as the neutral venue. We would then have the potential for a massive away following, if enough City fans were interested. Up to 10,000 seats co...[/quote]

Never mind the big away following never going to be 23000+ like it will be at home.

[quote]Definitely not. It would be great to be given Villa Park as the neutral venue. We would then have the potential for a massive away following, if enough City fans were interested. Up to 10,000 seats co...[/quote]

Never mind the big away following never going to be 23000+ like it will be at home.

Look at it this way:

1) We win against conventry and crew, which gets us going to beat Palace aswell, and we are already top of the league and on our way already.

2) we play away, lose to coventry. This makes the team abit uneasy and they either draw or just scrap a win and then we lose to palace as a result of it.

I think i choose numero one