Sign in to follow this  
Hannibal II

Carlton Morris

After watching both legs of the youth cup it seems to me we might have a very talented centre forward on our hands there. Big strong quick everything the modern footballer should be but with a touch of the old fashioned about him. I thought his hold up play was excellent over both legs and his close control was exemplary. Perhaps he could be in with a shout of making the bench of the first team before the season is out. Couldn''t see a thread about him so felt he deserved one for his performances.

Yup really liked him. Also think Toffolo has a bright future, excellent composure at the back with some brilliant blocks.

Glad someone set up a thread for him.  I was also particularly impressed with him during both legs of the Semi-Final.  Thought his touch and hold up play was excellent and out of everyone on the pitch, I thought he was the closest to a finished article.  Just need to see what he is like in front of goal more, especially as these are the only two youth games I have seen.

I agree that he has a lot of good qualities, and he covered a lot of ground. At the moment, however, we don''t know how good he is as a striker, i.e. goal scorer. He missed a good opportunity last night with a header straight at the keeper.

He scored a hat trick at Goodison Park, very alert and in good position to tap in some very good crosses - the Murphys supplied some good ones. Last night they provided very little, so it may not be fair to form a judgement on him.

I like the way that he was able to hold on to the ball at any height, and was too strong for the Forest tackling and hustling, and he has some fair pace. If he is 18 years old, it is only just, so there is a maturity beyonnd his years.

I would like to think that we have a good striker in the making, but I need to see him banging in goals from in and around the penalty area, as well as finishing well with headers before I am sure.

[quote user="Marmaduke"]Reminiscent of Carl Cort in his prime for us![/quote]

Oh yeah, the speed at which he moved up and down the aisles at Asda, not to mention his finishing, no one packs their shopping bags quicker. A true Norwich legend.

"Albyella" I agree Hannibal - a lot being said about the Murphy boys, but I think Morris has real potential.

Completely agree with this. Exciting talent.