Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Well done Malky

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.) it''s okay for the welsh to be taken to Afghanistan and iraq to fight along side the English, But when it comes to playing football, it''s a whole different story? I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.[/quote]

I agree, I don''t have a problem with Welsh teams in the Prem, they''ve been involved in English football for years and both Swansea and Cardiff have been in our top division before.  I just have a problem with Cardiff City FC and their debts and mismanagement for the last 10 years, in my opinion they''ve cheated their way into the PL.
[/quote]

What a daft thing to say, don''t Scottich, Irish and European troups also get sent to Afganistan and Iraq? Does that mean you would be happy with Belgium, French and other countries teams in the PL just because we all fight together?

The Welsh have a seperate league and international team and as such I don''t care about the years in this league, I believe they should be in their own league. Funny that they both come under the Welsh league when it suites them!

Nothing against the Welsh or any other counries but come on! we have about 130 odd professional teams in England in about 7 leagues, why do we need anymore from other countries?

Just my opinion and one I will stick with.

[quote user="Indy"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.) it''s okay for the welsh to be taken to Afghanistan and iraq to fight along side the English, But when it comes to playing football, it''s a whole different story? I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.[/quote]I agree, I don''t have a problem with Welsh teams in the Prem, they''ve been involved in English football for years and both Swansea and Cardiff have been in our top division before.  I just have a problem with Cardiff City FC and their debts and mismanagement for the last 10 years, in my opinion they''ve cheated their way into the PL.[/quote]

What a daft thing to say, don''t Scottich, Irish and European troups also get sent to Afganistan and Iraq? Does that mean you would be happy with Belgium, French and other countries teams in the PL just because we all fight together?

The Welsh have a seperate league and international team and as such I don''t care about the years in this league, I believe they should be in their own league. Funny that they both come under the Welsh league when it suites them!

Nothing against the Welsh or any other counries but come on! we have about 130 odd professional teams in England in about 7 leagues, why do we need anymore from other countries?

Just my opinion and one I will stick with.

[/quote]The welsh teams joined when Wales and England were together and at that time there was no Welsh league in place for them to be in. And the reason why we play as the home nations rather than Britain is because if we had played as Britain at that time there would of been know one else to play against. 

yes, because France, Italy, Belgium etc all fall under the word ''british'' when it comes to the armed forces.

and I wouldn''t bat an eye lid of irish, scottish, or more welsh came to the ''English'' league, as this is still ONE NATION. and while it is such I don''t understand why people think we are sectional. it''s old xenophobic ideas which make no sense when it''s about those within the same country as you.

the fact that we have 2 welsh teams in the premier league means they are too good to be moved to a league structure in which they have never been in. they deserve their place just as much as we do.

It''s not one nation in the eye''s of the football world, they are seperate nations and as such each have an FA and league!

My point is that we are all part of Europe too and by allowing Welsh teams in, not matter what the history, I know they were part of the league eons ago and there was not Welsh league then, but there is now, so there is a league for them to play in. Thus if Ajax or Rangers or any other national side did want a bash at the English premeirship then the presedant is set already by allowing Welsh teams in!

Again I respect if you are happy to have them in, I''m not.

[quote user="Indy"]

It''s not one nation in the eye''s of the football world, they are seperate nations and as such each have an FA and league!

My point is that we are all part of Europe too and by allowing Welsh teams in, not matter what the history, I know they were part of the league eons ago and there was not Welsh league then, but there is now, so there is a league for them to play in. Thus if Ajax or Rangers or any other national side did want a bash at the English premeirship then the presedant is set already by allowing Welsh teams in!

[/quote]Its the Barclay Premier league mate.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]the fact that we have 2 welsh teams in the premier league....[/quote]They should both be booted out. They''ve got measles over there.

if they are not one nation in the eyes of the footballing world, then surely that just means that certain welsh teams aren''t seen as welsh in the eyes of the footballing world.

and if that is the case, then surely the footballing world should of gone to specsavers.

and he''s right, it is the BPL and not EPL. no references to the PL being English on any official site.

Who said that no one calls it the EPL anymore ?        Here are some head lines from this week eter Berlin: Van Persie''s relief, Di Canio''s glee, more EPL/FA Cup thoughts

Sports Illustrated 21:27 Sun, 14 Apr 2013

EPL: Arsenal leapfrog Norwich with late goalrush

GMA News 17:33 Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Arsenal rallies to beat Norwich 3-1 in EPL

NBCSports.com 17:30 Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Each EPL Team''s Worst Loss of the Season

Bleacher Report 16:05 Thu, 04 Apr 2013

Why the Youth Policy Will Provide Norwich with EPL Stars

Bleacher Report 02:35 Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Predicting Final Tables for EPL This Season

Bleacher Report 15:33 Thu, 21 Mar 2013

EPL: Chelsea climb to third as Tottenham lose again

GMA News 00:35 Mon, 18 Mar 2013

Chelsea climbs to third in EPL as Spurs lose again

The Globe and Mail 19:24 Sun, 17 Mar 2013

10-man Norwich draws 1-1 at Sunderland in EPL

SFGate 16:25 Sun, 17 Mar 2013

So it''s not English, does not come under the English FA or League....fine I stand corrected, we don''t have a Premier league then in England.

Well come on down Rangers, Celtic, PSG, Ajax and all!

I give up, I still don''t want them in this league, hope both Swansea and Cardiff go down nest year.

SC, not sure anyone has said no one calls it the EPL.

I simply said that OFFICIALLY. on official FA and PL sites, that there is nothing calling it English.

I had this discussion last night, and the other person thought it suitable to use Wikipedia.

I then continued to find that 10 golfers had previously lost masters tounies from Magnets being placed into golf balls, and Sinbad the comedian was apparently President of the United States.

[quote user="Indy"]

[/quote]

Your arguement doesn''t make any sense.

You can''t compare allowing teams who aren''t in the league already  to join to booting out two teams which are already in the league (and have been for longer than either of us has been alive).

And as said by other posters, it isn''t, nor ever has been the English Premier League. The official name has always been The Premier League or Barclays Premier League - the ''English'' bit was added by American broadcasters.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Who said that no one calls it the EPL anymore ?        Here are some head lines from this week eter Berlin: Van Persie''s relief, Di Canio''s glee, more EPL/FA Cup thoughts

Sports Illustrated 21:27 Sun, 14 Apr 2013

EPL: Arsenal leapfrog Norwich with late goalrush

GMA News 17:33 Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Arsenal rallies to beat Norwich 3-1 in EPL

NBCSports.com 17:30 Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Each EPL Team''s Worst Loss of the Season

Bleacher Report 16:05 Thu, 04 Apr 2013

Why the Youth Policy Will Provide Norwich with EPL Stars

Bleacher Report 02:35 Tue, 26 Mar 2013

Predicting Final Tables for EPL This Season

Bleacher Report 15:33 Thu, 21 Mar 2013

EPL: Chelsea climb to third as Tottenham lose again

GMA News 00:35 Mon, 18 Mar 2013

Chelsea climbs to third in EPL as Spurs lose again

The Globe and Mail 19:24 Sun, 17 Mar 2013

10-man Norwich draws 1-1 at Sunderland in EPL

SFGate 16:25 Sun, 17 Mar 2013

[/quote]That''s what they refer to it outside the UK, but that is not what it is officially called.

[quote user="Ches right hand man "]If you just said the Premier league league would you know what county it is in if you lived in the middle of nowhere?[/quote]What county is the Premier league league in then?Jeeze, I''m confused now. [:S]And if I lived in the middle of nowhere, it''s unlikely I''d have the internet, TV, papers or a season ticket. [:''(]I need water! [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ches right hand man "]If you just said the Premier league league would you know what county it is in if you lived in the middle of nowhere?[/quote]What county is the Premier league league in then?Jeeze, I''m confused now. [:S]And if I lived in the middle of nowhere, it''s unlikely I''d have the internet, TV, papers or a season ticket. [:''(]I need water! [:P][/quote]United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I''d love it if Ajax joined the Premier League.  Not sure Mrs ICF would approve of me travelling to that away game on my own though...

Seriously Malky is a true city legend - I''ll always remember his goal against Wolves in the play-off semi-final.  Not so keen on Cardiff tbh nor on having another away trip to Wales.

And sadly given Cardiff''s owners, I wouldn''t be even the least bit surprised if they do decide to replace him before the start of next season.

They''re starting to sound like QPR already........"The Welsh club will return to the English top flight for the first time in 51

years after a 0-0 draw at home to Charlton Athletic on Tuesday guaranteed

promotion from the Championship.

Financial difficulties in recent years have left the club with an overall

recorded debt of £83.1 million, but Tan says they will find the money to

fund a competitive assault on the Premier League.

"We need to strategise well and we''d like to spend some money - maybe £20

to £25 million," said Tan. "Others have spent a big amount of

money and don''t do well, so we will try to spend smartly."