Sign in to follow this  
percy varco

Well done Malky

I saw a rumour the other week that the owners might change manager if they get to the prem, i hope this is just nonsense and he gets the chance he''s earned. I doubt it''s true but you just never know with some of the foreign owners lately.

if a team is in the prem, it''s because they fully deserve it, the last I checked it is still one nation, and the last I checked, it isn''t even called the *English* premier league.

Well done Malks, who''d have thought 10 years ago that Malky would go on to be a premier league manager?!

" I saw a rumour the other week that the owners might change manager if they get to the prem, i hope this is just nonsense and he gets the chance he''s earned. I doubt it''s true but you just never know with some of the foreign owners lately. "

Cardiff are not my club and Malky long gone from NCFC, but if that happened it would be terrible. But money talks, and its going to happen to several of their players for sure, so I could see it happening.

A terrible day for football in my opinion.  Cardiff have to be one of the worst run teams in the Football League, and this is a real kick in the teeth to any club who actually wants to do things properly.  Can''t believe how people seem to forget their dodgy finances over the past 10 years.

No NCFCSTAR, was about to post the same thing, really poor day for the English premeirship and heard Rangers last night on the news that they are seriously considering applying to the English league and expect to be in the premiership within 5 years.

Sad times and does that now open doors to clubs like Ajax and PSG if they wish to enter the English PL? Who''s to stop them moving if we allow clubs outside England who have their own leagues to set a presedant?

[quote user="Canary02 IV"]Also well done to Leon Barnett, Simon Lappin, Joe Lewis, David Marshall, and Craig Bellamy. Little Norwich![/quote]

Norwich City, feeder club to Cardiff  City - so that''s where all our best players went [:(]

Well done Malky.

Although I will say one thing, the current owners have spent £60million on the team since taking over. In terms of the championship I should think a third of that would be enough to make you promotion contenders at the very least.

With the likes of Bellamy and Nugent in the team it''s not an over-riding surprise. Is Lappin still there as well?

Guess we should stop calling it the EPL  !Heard the Rangers chief saying on the radio, that if Welsh teams are allowed in the English league why not Scottish teams ?Think he has a valid point.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Guess we should stop calling it the EPL  !

Heard the Rangers chief saying on the radio, that if Welsh teams are allowed in the English league why not Scottish teams ?

Think he has a valid point.
[/quote]

Welsh teams were invited to join the Football League. No one has asked a corrupt Scottish team to join the league.

For some reason David Cameron seems to think that by putting pressure on the League to allow Rangers and Celtic to join will help stop the Yes vote in Scottish independence very strange.

It was called the English Premier League as there were no non-English teams in the League, there are now, so it hasn''t been called the EPL for the last couple of season (although I don''t think it was ever officially called the English Premier League).

Malky has done a fantastic job there. Cardiff have led the division from about the start of November. That isn''t an easy thing to do and they have done it with great style. It is true he has had a lot of money to spend but you have to spend it wisely and manage your players properly moulding them into a winning team. He deserves a lot of credit for doing that. As Leicester City have consistently shown in the last 3 seasons, chucking money at the Championship is no guarantee of success.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]Malky has done a fantastic job there. Cardiff have led the division from about the start of November. That isn''t an easy thing to do and they have done it with great style. It is true he has had a lot of money to spend but you have to spend it wisely and manage your players properly moulding them into a winning team. He deserves a lot of credit for doing that. As Leicester City have consistently shown in the last 3 seasons, chucking money at the Championship is no guarantee of success.[/quote]

Not sure about the style, the few Cardiff games I have seen have been fairly torrid long-ball affiars.

If Stoke survive the two games between these two will be almost offensively boring.

I think you''re being harsh on them there Bethnal. They have scored 68 goals in the Championship this season. Only Watford have bagged more. I will readily accept they don''t play the purest football ever and like to get it back to front quickly but that was something we did under Lambert as well. We certainly weren''t a complete passing side but there are good rewards to be had by mixing it up.

Sadly it would also be somewhat hypocritical to call their games against Stoke offensively boring. I think I would wait and see what we serve up at the Britannia next week before making that statement!

Two things when the Welsh teams went into the league there was no professional welsh league and second England and Wales were one entity until the devolved National Assembly for Wales (Welsh: Cynulliad Cenedlaethol Cymru) was created in 1999.

The Welsh league.

The league was formed in October 1991 by Alun Evans, Secretary General of the Football Association of Wales (FAW), as he believed that the Welsh international football team was under threat from FIFA. The FAW, along with the other three home nations'' associations (The Football Association, Irish Football Association and Scottish Football Association), had a permanent seat on the International Football Association Board

(IFAB) and it was thought that many FIFA members were resentful of this

and pressing for the four unions to unite into one combined side for

the whole of the United Kingdom.

The new league was formed for the 1992–93 season. At the time,

despite the FAW being a FIFA member it had not previously organised a

national league. Traditionally, the strongest teams in Wales had always

played in the English leagues. Aberdare Athletic, Cardiff City, Merthyr Town, Newport County, Swansea City and Wrexham have all been members of the Football League.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]Guess we should stop calling it the EPL  !

Heard the Rangers chief saying on the radio, that if Welsh teams are allowed in the English league why not Scottish teams ?

Think he has a valid point.
[/quote]

Hopefully Scotland will soon be independent and that will stop that little game in its tracks!

So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.)

it''s okay for the welsh to be taken to Afghanistan and iraq to fight along side the English, But when it comes to playing football, it''s a whole different story?

I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.

[quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.)

it''s okay for the welsh to be taken to Afghanistan and iraq to fight along side the English, But when it comes to playing football, it''s a whole different story?

I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.[/quote]I agree, I don''t have a problem with Welsh teams in the Prem, they''ve been involved in English football for years and both Swansea and Cardiff have been in our top division before.  I just have a problem with Cardiff City FC and their debts and mismanagement for the last 10 years, in my opinion they''ve cheated their way into the PL.

"Javier''s Deaf Translator"So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.)

I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.

Because people seem to think there is a difference between the English the Scots the Welsh and the Irish when there is not.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Javiers Deaf Translator"]So to everyone against welsh teams being in the B***PL (check the FA and prem site, there is no reference to the PREMIER LEAGUE being english.)

I''m English, but come on. the way some people react to this is ridiculous.[/quote]I agree, I don''t have a problem with Welsh teams in the Prem, they''ve been involved in English football for years and both Swansea and Cardiff have been in our top division before.  I just have a problem with Cardiff City FC and their debts and mismanagement for the last 10 years, in my opinion they''ve cheated their way into the PL.[/quote]Same as Wigan, Fulham and ect.