Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Holt made more of a statement last night...

...than any amount of semi-literate blather on Twitter ever could.

His reactions as he watched the match last night (ITV4 coverage cut regularly to him) spoke volumes. He was almost kicking every ball with the young uns. Commentators also claimed he was the motivating force behind most of the 1st team being there. This is not the behaviour of a man who has fallen out of love with the club. I keep waiting for him to stuff the words of the naysayers back down their throats and my waters tell me it could be about to happen. Hat trick next weekend?

Good observations. Hopefully. I think Holt is about to play his last few games for the club so would like to see him go out on a high. He really deserves it.

The commentator on ITV 4 more than once referred to Holt being responsible for the presence of most of the first team squad, as they panned along the assembled stars. It was good to see Johno sitting there, with no apparent discomfort and Bassong, twisting in his seat to speak to those behind.

I actually think the reported delay on a decision re Kamara is linked to this. I have a feeling the club will be weighing up the options of ditching one and keeping the other. Both will know this and, given that (I think) they both want to stay, we can only benefit.

He is our captain and his duty to get the other lads to things like this

[quote user="SYG"]He is our captain and his duty to get the other lads to things like this[/quote]

Not his ''duty'' at all. Did the Forest captain do the same?

I believe the club is quite closely knit with these things, the young lads often train with the first team. Holt is indeed our club captain though, and has every right to make the squad turn up to support their younger colleagues

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="SYG"]He is our captain and his duty to get the other lads to things like this[/quote]

Not his ''duty'' at all. Did the Forest captain do the same?[/quote]

He was probably too busy playing a game himself to be fair...

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="hogesar"][quote user="SYG"]He is our captain and his duty to get the other lads to things like this[/quote] Not his ''duty'' at all. Did the Forest captain do the same?[/quote] He was probably too busy playing a game himself to be fair...[/quote]

He wasnt playing a game during the first leg. Anyone spot him?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="SYG"]He is our captain and his duty to get the other lads to things like this[/quote]

Not his ''duty'' at all. Did the Forest captain do the same?[/quote]

The forest first team were at the City ground. I know because I sat 2 rows behind them.

On the Holty issue: when I went to Colney last year I was really impressed with how he talked to all of the youth team boys after training- all of them individually.

Tried to get Lambert''s autograph but he walked away... sign of things to come!

dunno about the match in the secons half, but was there at the end, as I saw him leaving the directors entrance. Posed for a couple of pics with some lads, then hood up and walked over carrow bridge, with the crowd

great atmos, great result last night.

hope its the same saturday.

OTBC!

[quote user="greavsy"]

dunno about the match in the second half, but was there at the end, as I saw him leaving the directors entrance. Posed for a couple of pics with some lads, then hood up and walked over carrow bridge, with the crowd

great atmos, great result last night.

hope its the same saturday.

OTBC!

[/quote]

Still not got the full hang of this quoting lark. Kamara was the one this refers to

Pretty sure Holt''s been doing a fair bit of work with the youth team, helping with coaching etc. Probably in the process of completing his badges.

[quote user="Legend Iwan"]Probably in the process of completing his badges.[/quote]Yes - all five stars and then he''ll get to meet Ronald McDonald.