Sign in to follow this  
jcutt35

4 wins :)

Reading, Stoke, Villa, WBA - It''s not out of the question. A win against Reading will lift the players and give them a much needed boost before going to stuttering Stoke. The players have got to be up for the villa match with Lambert being involved, enough to do what it takes to get a win! On the back of 3 wins, WBA is winnable. So chill out everyone we can and WILL stay up!!! Lets make Carrow Road a cauldron on Saturday!

I have never won a bet/accumulator that involved Norwich. Even the very few times I''ve bet against us we''ve pulled out a performance.

My extensive betting experience has taught me nver to bet at this time of the year as the form goes out of the window. The impact of randomness (like our friend Mr West) and desire have much more bearing. This means even fixtures like us away to Man City are not the near foregobe conclusions they would be at most other points in the season.

That''s true. Lets hope we don''t get another ''Mr West'' on Saturday! Lightening can''t strike twice, can it?

[quote user="Phyxius"]I have never won a bet/accumulator that involved Norwich. Even the very few times I''ve bet against us we''ve pulled out a performance.[/quote]well, the answer is obvious Phyx, bet against us in each match, if we win you lose AND win.

I wonder if that linesman had a rather large bet on the Arsenal game. He seemed pretty keen for them to win! What am I talking about that kind of corruption doesn''t happen in the PL-2013!

The lino didn''t lose us the game the game though i thought it was pretty unprofessional how we rolled over after a bad decision when we still had a point to hold on too. Was like watching a spoilt child spit the dummy out. After the pen had gone in we only had 4 mins to try and hold on for a valuable point but rolled over.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]My extensive betting experience has taught me nver to bet at this time of the year as the form goes out of the window. The impact of randomness (like our friend Mr West) and desire have much more bearing. This means even fixtures like us away to Man City are not the near foregobe conclusions they would be at most other points in the season.
[/quote]

With your extensive betting experience Louis could you tell me where I could place such a wager?

[quote user="jcutt35"]Reading, Stoke, Villa, WBA - It''s not out of the question. A win against Reading will lift the players and give them a much needed boost before going to stuttering Stoke. The players have got to be up for the villa match with Lambert being involved, enough to do what it takes to get a win! On the back of 3 wins, WBA is winnable. So chill out everyone we can and WILL stay up!!! Lets make Carrow Road a cauldron on Saturday![/quote]

Four wins is not out of the question. Neither is four defeats. But I''d rather read your optimism than the continual pessimism of others. [Y]

I should think the reality will be somewhere between the two extremes. Halfway house would be a good place to settle[;)]

[quote user="jcutt35"]Reading, Stoke, Villa, WBA - It''s not out of the question.[/quote]Having read umpteen threads concerning where our points will or will not be coming from it seems to be just you, myself and Nutty Nigel who don''t seem to have completely written off our chances of beating a very poor Aston Villa side at home on the 4th of May, I''d go so far as to say "I think we will beat them". I really fail to understand the extreme negativity of our fans towards our prospects of getting something out that game, Villa are awful but by virtue of beating the three worst teams in the league in recent weeks they now appear in the minds of their own fans and sadly a good percentage of ours to have become some sort of top class outfit.Perhaps we should set up some sort of club but since there are only the three of us who have expressed the possibility that we might in reality not only not get thrashed by Villa but actually beat them I fear it will be more of an inner triangle than circle.....[:S]

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]My extensive betting experience has taught me nver to bet at this time of the year.....[/quote]Seems like you have a problem Louis. Have you thought about the Jeremy Kyle show. Apparently, they have a good aftercare team and can offer you counseling. You get to be on TV as well. [:D]or.........Try getting a job at Poorman Rd, they even pay off your debts.......

[quote user="Hughtonanny"]Well IF we manage to beat reading you can put your shirt on us trying to draw the remainder of the games.[/quote]This will be evidenced by none of our players ever crossing the halfway line until they go a goal down, or by deliberately putting the ball out of play if they were to somehow get a sight on goal. Should we have the temerity to be leading five minutes from time, management will activate the pre-arranged bribe with a linesman to ensure the opposition are gifted a dubious penalty because, once again, why would they want to win when the aim is for a draw? And Snoddy will never once appeal to the ref because, well, he doesn''t want to

win any of the games. In fact...no...he would still remonstrate but

only because he was impeded in scoring the own goal he was aiming for to

level things up(!)

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Hughtonanny"]Well IF we manage to beat reading you can put your shirt on us trying to draw the remainder of the games.[/quote]This will be evidenced by none of our players ever crossing the halfway line until they go a goal down, or by deliberately putting the ball out of play if they were to somehow get a sight on goal. Should we have the temerity to be leading five minutes from time, management will activate the pre-arranged bribe with a linesman to ensure the opposition are gifted a dubious penalty because, once again, why would they want to win when the aim is for a draw? And Snoddy will never once appeal to the ref because, well, he doesn''t want to

win any of the games. In fact...no...he would still remonstrate but

only because he was impeded in scoring the own goal he was aiming for to

level things up(!)[/quote]

Sounds about right!

From the Bwin site:"Norwich to beat Reading @ 67/100

Bottom club Reading are teetering on the brink of demotion and will

be all but relegated if they fail to beat Norwich at Carrow Road on

Saturday, but that desperation for a victory could prove to be their

downfall.

With just one away win and 13 defeats to their name all season,

opening up and attacking on the road could prove fatal for Reading

against a Norwich side who have picked up six of their seven victories

this season at Carrow Road.

The hosts are unbeaten in their last six home matches, having avoided

league defeat there in the whole of 2013 so far, and will be confident

of picking off the vulnerable visitors as they stage their last hurrah.

Back a ruthless home win in this one."

Put like this, we really should have no excuses for not winning on Saturday.