Sign in to follow this  
Chelmsford Canary

Millwall fans, not exactly pertinent, but amusing nonetheless

Millwall fans have warned Millwall fans that there will be trouble if they see any Millwall fans at tonight’s game against Watford.

Trouble flared in Millwall’s FA Cup semi-final defeat by Wigan on Saturday after Millwall fans infiltrated the Millwall end, leading to battles between the one set of supporters.

Police fear that the animosity Millwall fans have for Millwall fans could spark a repea...t of Saturday’s violence.

“We would urge Millwall fans to avoid any areas that Millwall fans may congregate,” said a police spokesperson.

“We will do all we can to keep Millwall fans and Millwall fans apart, but we can’t rule out the added complication of Millwall fans turning up.”

Millwall warning

Millwall hooligan Mark McKenzie was amongst a number of troublemakers who have been issuing themselves with warnings ahead of this evening’s Championship fixture against Watford.

In a text message to himself, he said: “If I go to the game tonight then I’m telling me now it’s going to kick off.”

Mr McKenzie then ran down several alleyways before leaving a message on his voicemail in which he sang: “I’m going to kick my own fucking head in.”

Season ticket holder John Reeves was also keen to issue himself with threats of violence and to warn that he would almost certainly be travelling home in an ambulance.

Staring at his reflection in a shop window and making throat-cutting gestures, he chanted: “I don’t like me, I don’t care.”

“Come on then! Come on!

“Chaaaarrrrrrge!

“Ow!

Almost as funny, if anyone can remember, the Millwall fan on their hof message board having a rant because the girl at the ticket office told him he couldnt buy a ticket for his seat for the next match as it was already sold.

It was a season ticket and didnt need it, reading the 30 or so pages of replys and people trying to explain had tears rolling down my face.

Not the sharpest knives some of them are they ?

[quote user="step"]Almost as funny, if anyone can remember, the Millwall fan on their hof message board having a rant because the girl at the ticket office told him he couldnt buy a ticket for his seat for the next match as it was already sold.

It was a season ticket and didnt need it, reading the 30 or so pages of replys and people trying to explain had tears rolling down my face.

Not the sharpest knives some of them are they ?[/quote]In English please?

[quote user="Stringers army"][quote user="step"]Almost as funny, if anyone can remember, the Millwall fan on their hof message board having a rant because the girl at the ticket office told him he couldnt buy a ticket for his seat for the next match as it was already sold.

Not the sharpest knives some of them are they ?[/quote]In English please?[/quote]

I think this is right. This Millwall fan had a season ticket for - obviously - a numbered seat. But somehow forgot this and tried to buy a casual ticket for his own seat. The ticket office told him he couldn''t because it had already been sold, ie sold as a season ticket to him. Although I don''t think the person at the office knew the would-be buyer was the same as the season-ticker holder. They just thought it was a casual customer. Anyway the fan complained bitterly about this on a message-board, and as other posters realised what had happened and tried to be helpful without calling the chap an idiot the debate reached really very surreal territory. It took a long, long time for the penny to drop with the hapless fan..

Thank you Purple, better explained than my effort, if anyone could find that link got to be worth sharing again.

[quote user="morty"]I had totally forgotten about that guy, one of the funniest threads ever![/quote]Stuwall! Haha!http://web.archive.org/web/20100512145831/http://www.hof.org.uk/showthread.php?t=2403&page=1You can use wayback web archive to get to it. The link above should let you view the first page, then change the page number at the end of the url in the waybackmachine frame, it''s genuinly worth it.I''m in tears all over again. Can''t believe that was back in 2010 now!

Well done Hogesar, anyone who hasnt read this before, take a look...classic gold.

Think through all of that my favourite comment was Belmarsh or Scrubs.

that thread is brilliant, from the below quote onwards it becomes hilarious

"If you already have the season ticket seat, why did you need to contact the club for permission to sit there?"

[quote user="Chelmsford Canary"]

that thread is brilliant, from the below quote onwards it becomes hilarious

"If you already have the season ticket seat, why did you need to contact the club for permission to sit there?"

[/quote]

I think it was after this quote that the realisation started to dawn on Stuwall..........

"Stu

Q1: Are you a season ticket holder?

If you answer Y - go to question 2

Q2: Why are you purchasing a second ticket?

If you answer - Because Im not a season ticket holder go back to Q1 and answer correctly

If you answer - Because I thought it was a cup game - A - Its not, its a league game, you can gain entry via your season ticket and your seat will be there waiting for you as you are a seaosn ticket and you dont need to buy another ticket and the ticket that has been sold by the ticket office has been sold to you at the start of the season, for the duration of the season and has not been sold to anyone else but you.

Does this help?"

[:D]

[quote user="city4eva"]That had me crying with laughter, thanks for the link[/quote]The forum it was posted on went relatively unused - certainly didn''t attain thousands of visitors. The link to the Stuwall thread however, pretty much ended up on every football forum on the planet (including this one!), ended up i think with more than 1 million views.Absolutely fantastic.