Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

RVW agent says deal off if we get relegated

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Aggy"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

There was a rumour at the time of his signing that we had paid a £3m. non-refundable deposit which we would lose if we were to be relegated in which event RVW would not be joining us but that rumour seems to have disappeared in the general euphoria surrounding his signing. There may be nothing in it but it was mentioned in dispatches at the time.

[/quote]
Anyone who believes such a rumour has clearly not been paying much attention to McNally''s dealings over the past few years. I  think it''s probably just about more likely that he''d come out and say the whole Lambert fiasco was his fault and apologise publicly to Lambert than it is for him to spend £3mil on a nonrefundable deposit for a player who we might not even get. And both of those things are extremely unlikely to happen any time soon!

[/quote]

I have no idea, but what gave that rumour some (only some) credibility was, as the Sporting fan who helpfully posted here explained, that his club desperately neeeded money immediately. That would certainly explain why there might have been a deposit, or even the full amount owed to Sporting. As I understand it we pay around £3m to Sporting and about  £5.5m to other co-owners. As to non-refundability that is another matter.

[/quote]
The deposit is possible. The non-refundable aspect is also possible. However, if McNally has paid anywhere near £3mil asa non refundable deposit I would put my mortgage on him making sure we get the player. Chucking £3mil down the drain and not getting RVW at the end of it even if that''s because of relegation is just not McNally at all.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Aggy"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

There was a rumour at the time of his signing that we had paid a £3m. non-refundable deposit which we would lose if we were to be relegated in which event RVW would not be joining us but that rumour seems to have disappeared in the general euphoria surrounding his signing. There may be nothing in it but it was mentioned in dispatches at the time.

[/quote]
Anyone who believes such a rumour has clearly not been paying much attention to McNally''s dealings over the past few years. I  think it''s probably just about more likely that he''d come out and say the whole Lambert fiasco was his fault and apologise publicly to Lambert than it is for him to spend £3mil on a nonrefundable deposit for a player who we might not even get. And both of those things are extremely unlikely to happen any time soon!

[/quote]

I have no idea, but what gave that rumour some (only some) credibility was, as the Sporting fan who helpfully posted here explained, that his club desperately neeeded money immediately. That would certainly explain why there might have been a deposit, or even the full amount owed to Sporting. As I understand it we pay around £3m to Sporting and about  £5.5m to other co-owners. As to non-refundability that is another matter.

[/quote]

The Sporting fan didn''t, by chance, go by the name of ''primeiro adivinho''?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

But Lapps, he''s said that before.

Clearly, some would rather believe an agent they''ve never heard of before than our own Chief Executive.

Why they do is mystifying but they do.

[quote user="lappinitup"]From the EEN......

"McNally described the reports as “absolute rubbish”."

Sorry but it''s exactly what it is. McNally said no in March and rubbish today. Either believe him or not. There is no middle ground.

[/quote][/quote]

I don''t think it''s a question of automatically believing the agent over McNally. In this case what the agent is saying is plausible. Relegation clauses are common and he may well have insisted on one.

[/quote]

I WAS really looking forward to RVW joining us - BUT, since then, he''s said more than enough to suggest to me that NCFC are just a ''stepping stone'' to him...

So....

Bring back the real Grant Holt please...

Al x

Since what point in time did anyone think we WEREN''T a stepping stone for him?

I think everyones known that since dec when we were first linked with him.

but, what harm does it do? he comes here to prove himself, and therefore pours his heart and soul into the game he plays to do so. we benefit from it, and either sell him on for a huge profit in a few seasons time, or he pulls a hucks and turns down the likes of liverpool because he likes Norwich that much.

one scenario is more likely than the other, but I''d be perfectly happy with either one.

----

and as to whether or not he will be here if we were to be relegated (even though we wont)

we will probably complete the purchase of him, but there is probably a relegation clause in the contract in which if someone bids what we payed for him we are obligated to allow him to talk to them.

this essentially is ''middle ground'' between what mcnally has said and what the agent has said, it effectively means both have said the truth, but neither have gone into detail about it.

Yep, I''ll quite happily take players of RVW''s quality for a few seasons and then sell them on for a fat profit. Every club in the league except possibly the Manchester clubs and Chelsea are ''selling clubs''; if the player is good enough to be at a top 3 team (or the equivalent abroad) then most clubs don''t get to keep their best players. Even Arsenal.

Thankfully, given that we haven''t got any new stadium, huge debts or out of control wage bills holding us back, once we have established ourselves in the division we may be better placed than a lot of teams to keep hold of our players, as we won''t need to sell for the money. But if a player wants to go to a top 3 club, he''s going to go.

My take on it is that he will be a NCFC player regardless, but I think he will have a relegation claus much like many of our players probably have where they are able to talk to clubs if a set fee is reached. I dont think there is any point getting upset over his agents claims, frankly his wouldnt be the only agent trying to engineer a move out of the club if we were to drop down, not that there isnt a loyalty issue, more that is just how mordern football is. I think much like RVW, players like Bassong and Snodgrass might also end up at another club.Not that we need to worry mind, we will be fine!

[quote user="Alex "]I WAS really looking forward to RVW joining us - BUT, since then, he''s said more than enough to suggest to me that NCFC are just a ''stepping stone'' to him...

So....

Bring back the real Grant Holt please...

Al x[/quote]

that would be the same Grant Holt that handed in a transfer request pre season and wanted to play for another club that would pay him more money I guess :)

If he scores 10 goals in the prem for us next season he will be considered a failure/waste of money by every canary caller, if he scores 20 goals in the prem for us next season he will want to play for a bigger club (ie michu) so as long as he scores 12-16 goals next season we are golden!

There is no "clause in the transfer" because there is no transfer. Transfers can only be made in the transfer window, remember?

We have simply reached an agreement with the club and player as to a fee and salary. And paid a deposit, which we''ll presumably get back if it doesn''t go through. If RVW doesn''t want it to go through, it won''t, though I''ve no doubt that he fully intends to honour the agreement. This sort of thing happens all the time, but is not normally made public because the buying club fears that making a deal that is not set in stone public will simply alert other clubs to the availability of the player and to the price they''d need to pay to gazump the intended transfer. Quite why NCFC made it public in this instance, I don''t know. If the thought was to inspire our remaining strikers, it''s clearly (and unsurprisingly) had the opposite effect. Maybe season ticket sales were down, I don''t know.

I think people are deluded if they think Bullwinkle will play in the Championship.Fed up of saying it, but need a result this weekend. Still furious over the bent officials at Arsenal though, that was disgusting.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]There is no "clause in the transfer" because there is no transfer. Transfers can only be made in the transfer window, remember? We have simply reached an agreement with the club and player as to a fee and salary. And paid a deposit, which we''ll presumably get back if it doesn''t go through. If RVW doesn''t want it to go through, it won''t, though I''ve no doubt that he fully intends to honour the agreement. This sort of thing happens all the time, but is not normally made public because the buying club fears that making a deal that is not set in stone public will simply alert other clubs to the availability of the player and to the price they''d need to pay to gazump the intended transfer. Quite why NCFC made it public in this instance, I don''t know. If the thought was to inspire our remaining strikers, it''s clearly (and unsurprisingly) had the opposite effect. Maybe season ticket sales were down, I don''t know.[/quote]

He has already signed a pre contract agreement with us and has done his medical etc, that contract is binding. He is our player at the start of the transfer window no matter what league we are in.

He also can''t sign for another club in the summer transfer window as you can''t join 2 clubs in one window, the only option he has is to go out on loan, which would only be allowed if Norwich give permission......

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]I think people are deluded if they think Bullwinkle will play in the Championship.

Fed up of saying it, but need a result this weekend. Still furious over the bent officials at Arsenal though, that was disgusting.
[/quote]

Again, he doesn''t have an option, he can''t sign for another club and I doubt he would refuse to play as he would have his salary docked

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Clause now also rubbished by Hughton...

www.pinkun.com/1.2021758
[/quote]

SDP - that is totally irrelevant, irrespective and besides the point!

No matter WHO comes out and dismisses the reports, says it''s rubbish, etc., there are still those on this forum who would rather believe unknown foreign journalist reports as opposed to the integrity of the senior management of the board!

Even if all parties came out and held a joint press conference, there would STILL be some from the "negative brigade" that would analyse every word and claim that "it wasn''t so"!

When it comes to football, contracts are pretty meaningless any way if a player wants out, think we''ve seen that in the past.  Not to mention, why on earth would we want to pay astronomical wages in the Championship (not that we''re going down) and thus the deal suits both parties.

I was under the impression we had paid about 3m £/€ up front.

Sporting havent got a pot to piss in so there is no way they will give us that back, spent it on wages I heard. He will be ours on 1/7/13

It was a calculated gamble by us, if we go down hopefully hell bang 25 goals in on the way to the title.

BTW the champs is poor this season we will romp it if we go down, but I am 100% positive we will stay up.

IF we go down, he will probably be with us until Jan 31st, by which time he will already have scored 15 goals and we will be 6 points clear at the top. We will sell him to a mid table prem club (because that''s where he wants to be) and make a tidy profit. Then we''ll go on to get promoted and buy somebody even better in the close season.

IF we go down.

[quote user="dpit"]IF we go down, he will probably be with us until Jan 31st, by which time he will already have scored 15 goals and we will  sell him to a mid table prem club (because that''s where he wants to be) and make a tidy profit. .[/quote]

Sounds a lot like dean ashton...

[quote user="dpit"]IF we go down, he will probably be with us until Jan 31st, by which time he will already have scored 15 goals and we will be 6 points clear at the top. We will sell him to a mid table prem club (because that''s where he wants to be) and make a tidy profit. Then we''ll go on to get promoted and buy somebody even better in the close season.

IF we go down.[/quote]. We are a mid table club.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[quote user="dpit"]IF we go down, he will probably be with us until Jan 31st, by which time he will already have scored 15 goals and we will  sell him to a mid table prem club (because that''s where he wants to be) and make a tidy profit. .[/quote]

Sounds a lot like dean ashton...

[/quote]

Different this time, we are now debt free, our wage budget is relatively low, we wouldn''t need to sell unless we wanted to. Our club has been run fantastically over the last few years, wish people would remember that when moaning about a horse race not being shown on tv....