Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

RVW agent says deal off if we get relegated

I thought that McNally had tweeted that he would be joining even if we were in the championship? This is probably nonsense but concerning if not..http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/agent-says-van-wolfswinkel-to-norwich-city-could-be-called-off-if

McNally did indeed tweet replying to someone, saying there is no clause in the contract. The deal is done - but hopefully we won''t need to worry about that anyway, 3 points against Reading would be a massive step towards safety

There was a rumour at the time of his signing that we had paid a £3m. non-refundable deposit which we would lose if we were to be relegated in which event RVW would not be joining us but that rumour seems to have disappeared in the general euphoria surrounding his signing. There may be nothing in it but it was mentioned in dispatches at the time.

He will not play for us in the championship regardless of whether there is a clause there or not. It is pretty deluded to think otherwise.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]He will not play for us in the championship regardless of whether there is a clause there or not. It is pretty deluded to think otherwise.[/quote]

And you were in on the contract negotiations were you??????

I do think that perhaps RVW and agent would like the deal to be off if we go down, but at the time of signing we were fully expecting to go to our next game at Wigan and get something. Sadly it''s looked bleak since then.

Whether or not RVW wants to play at grounds like London Road and Turf Moor next season doesn''t matter, he might just have to.

If we go down and are contractually obliged to go through with this purpose he''ll be up for sale immediately, will never set foot in the Fine City.

[quote user="Herbert"]I thought that McNally had tweeted that he would be joining even if we were in the championship? This is probably nonsense but concerning if not..http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/agent-says-van-wolfswinkel-to-norwich-city-could-be-called-off-if

[/quote]

According to that story the agent isn''t saying the deal would definitely be scuppered but that there is a relegation clause that RVW might decide to activate. As far as I can remember McNally didn''t say specfically there wasn''t such a clause, only that  the deal wouldn''t be off if we went down.These clauses are pretty common now - I assume most of the players we have signed in the last two seasons have insisted on them. It would be a surprise if RVW hadn''t done the same, and also a surprise (assuming such a clause) if he didn''t activate it.

[quote user="Cambridge Yellow"]He will not play for us in the championship regardless of whether there is a clause there or not. It is pretty deluded to think otherwise.[/quote] he won''t play for us in the championship next season because he will be too busy playing for us in the prem.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]

There was a rumour at the time of his signing that we had paid a £3m. non-refundable deposit which we would lose if we were to be relegated in which event RVW would not be joining us but that rumour seems to have disappeared in the general euphoria surrounding his signing. There may be nothing in it but it was mentioned in dispatches at the time.

[/quote]
Anyone who believes such a rumour has clearly not been paying much attention to McNally''s dealings over the past few years. I  think it''s probably just about more likely that he''d come out and say the whole Lambert fiasco was his fault and apologise publicly to Lambert than it is for him to spend £3mil on a nonrefundable deposit for a player who we might not even get. And both of those things are extremely unlikely to happen any time soon!

[quote user="Aggy"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]
Anyone who believes such a rumour has clearly not been paying much attention to McNally''s dealings over the past few years. I  think it''s probably just about more likely that he''d come out and say the whole Lambert fiasco was his fault and apologise publicly to Lambert than it is for him to spend £3mil on a nonrefundable deposit for a player who we might not even get. And both of those things are extremely unlikely to happen any time soon!

[/quote]

I have no idea, but what gave that rumour some (only some) credibility was, as the Sporting fan who helpfully posted here explained, that his club desperately neeeded money immediately. That would certainly explain why there might have been a deposit, or even the full amount owed to Sporting. As I understand it we pay around £3m to Sporting and about  £5.5m to other co-owners. As to non-refundability that is another matter.

Maybe the clause could be something like if we get relegated he just goes up for sale? At an auction we would probably not lose too much money.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Aggy"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no idea, but what gave that rumour some (only some) credibility was, as the Sporting fan who helpfully posted here explained, that his club desperately neeeded money immediately. That would certainly explain why there might have been a deposit, or even the full amount owed to Sporting. As I understand it we pay around £3m to Sporting and about  £5.5m to other co-owners. As to non-refundability that is another matter.

[/quote]
Purple that is my understanding too. I can''t remember which Journo it was but one of them on the World Football Phone-in has mentioned several times the Lisbon needed to sell quickly to be able to pay wages for this season. One of the reasons why we got him was because we were willing to pay at least some money now rather than in the summer.
As for the contract details I can''t imagine anyone with the same hard nosed business savvy that McNally seems to have would allow a player to have a release clause that did not at the very least cover the initial costs.
Also given that his bonus seems to be financially benchmarked I can''t see him agreeing to a deal where we paid a £3mill non-refundable deposit for a player who might never join us.
Davo

A player cannot move twice in the same window, therefore he is ours until January at the earliest, the deal has already been completed so come the start of the transfer window he is officially a Norwich player.

He may well have a minimum fee release clause in his contract but that can''t be activated till January so he will be pulling on the famous Yellow shirt even if it was for a few months, you''ll be deluded to think otherwise.

To be fair, if we can''t do enough to stay up then we don''t DESERVE a player like RVW

But Lapps, he''s said that before.

Clearly, some would rather believe an agent they''ve never heard of before than our own Chief Executive.

Why they do is mystifying but they do.

[quote user="lappinitup"]From the EEN......

"McNally described the reports as “absolute rubbish”."

[/quote]

Even if he never plays for Norwich we will have got a bargain that we can sell or loan for a season until we get promoted. But this is all academic IMO ad we will beat Reading and pick up the other ponts needed over the last few games.

[quote user="ellis206"]

A player cannot move twice in the same window, therefore he is ours until January at the earliest, the deal has already been completed so come the start of the transfer window he is officially a Norwich player.

He may well have a minimum fee release clause in his contract but that can''t be activated till January so he will be pulling on the famous Yellow shirt even if it was for a few months, you''ll be deluded to think otherwise.

[/quote]

Is he already an NCFC player? I am just asking, I am not sure, but don''t contracts run from July 1, so he may have signed a pre-contract deal rather than the real thing. Plus Sporting only own or owned about a third of him. Have we paid the owners of the other two-thirds? Until then, if we haven''t, presumably he isn''t an NCFC player.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Clearly, some would rather believe an agent they''ve never heard of before than our own Chief Executive.

[/quote][/quote]

I don''t think it''s a question of automatically believing the agent over McNally. In this case what the agent is saying is plausible. Relegation clauses are common and he may well have insisted on one.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote][/quote]

I don''t think it''s a question of automatically believing the agent over McNally. In this case what the agent is saying is plausible. Relegation clauses are common and he may well have insisted on one.

[/quote]

The "absolute rubbish" quote seems to be just a tweet reaffirming to a fan what he said before, that the deal will not be off if we go down. It is not a specific quote to the paper denying the agent''s claim of a relegation clause.

According to the press, the deal is done! so that means we have paid or are obligated to pay the remainder in July.

If RVW does not want to play in the Championship then surely we could sell him on with a profit as I''m sure there would be one or two takers.

I don''t think this will be a problem as we will beat Reading and stay up.

[quote user="AJ"]To be fair, if we can''t do enough to stay up then we don''t DESERVE a player like RVW[/quote]

That''s interesting AJ buddy. And it''s got me to trhinking what would happen if we stay up but deserve to go down which is a scenario that has been muted on here in the past couple of weeks?

Maybe Mister''s "justice button" would have the answer...