Sign in to follow this  
ryanncfc

Stubs over 12 months?

I''m going to apply for Man City tickets, and for the first time was going to submit 10 stubs. I''ve been to 14 away games in the past 12 months with my mate, but between us we have lost loads of our stubs. We have found 17 of them, so need another 3 obviously. I have found some stubs which are slightly older than 12 months, but they were all from March 2012, so only a month or so too old. Do you think they will accept these? I don''t want to go in and ask as then they''d probably say no, and my phone is currently not working so have no way of ringing them! Thanks for any help!

For Man U everyone who applied at the start got tickets, only reason Man C might be different is being the last game.

Normally the ticket stub thing works by sending 10 stubs for the last season near the start of the new season and this does it for the new season - they don''t re-check whether those 10 stubs are within 12 months every time you apply.

So I''d guess it''ll be ok but you''d have to speak to them to be sure.

[quote user="ryanncfc"]I''m going to apply for Man City tickets, and for the first time was going to submit 10 stubs. I''ve been to 14 away games in the past 12 months with my mate, but between us we have lost loads of our stubs. We have found 17 of them, so need another 3 obviously. I have found some stubs which are slightly older than 12 months, but they were all from March 2012, so only a month or so too old. Do you think they will accept these? I don''t want to go in and ask as then they''d probably say no, and my phone is currently not working so have no way of ringing them! Thanks for any help![/quote]I think you''ll be wasting your stubs if you use them just to apply for this match ( no guarantees mind ). Far better to save them and register for next season as I don''t think you''ll be able to carry it over. I doubt they''ll accept out of date stubs either.There''s only been one away game this year where Group 3''s haven''t all been given tickets and that was Arsenal, because the tickets were so cheap. Man City are charging £49 or £51 for an adult ticket so I very much doubt there''ll sell out especially as it''s a 4pm Sunday KO. As far as I can remember even Man Utd game had some tickets on general saleIf I were you I''d ask at the ticket office whether they think there''ll be plenty of tickets. If they say yes you''ll have to trust what they say but I''ll be amazed if the Man City tickets don''t end up on general sale too.Good luck.

If it was midway through the season then I very much doubt it''d sell out, but the fact that it''s the last game of the season, and potentially an extremely important match, then more people may want to go?  I really don''t know whether I should risk it and send them in, or risk it and go for group 3 instead!!

[quote user="ryanncfc"]If it was midway through the season then I very much doubt it''d sell out, but the fact that it''s the last game of the season, and potentially an extremely important match, then more people may want to go?  I really don''t know whether I should risk it and send them in, or risk it and go for group 3 instead!![/quote]I''m as certain as I can be that all applications will be successful and the tickets will go on general sale. Most people thinking we may need something that day will be put off anyway by the price and the stupid KO time. Also we never get anything against Man City so it''s as good a home banker as you''ll ever see.I''d risk it if you call wrong them I''m sure there''ll be a few spares being flogged nearer the time.If you can call into the ticket office you''ll have time to ask them what they think as applications don''t have to be in until 5pm on Saturday.

What I''ll do, is take the form to the game with me on Saturday, and ask at the ticket office if they will accept the stubs, if they say yes, then I''ll hand them in and go in at group 2, if they say no, I''ll tick group 3 and hope I get tickets!

[quote user="ryanncfc"]What I''ll do, is take the form to the game with me on Saturday, and ask at the ticket office if they will accept the stubs, if they say yes, then I''ll hand them in and go in at group 2, if they say no, I''ll tick group 3 and hope I get tickets![/quote]Good plan.I''m betting they say no, you tick Group 3 and there''s plenty of tickets on general sale after the ballot. that way you''ll save your valid away stubs for next season.Good luck