Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Reading is a must win

It must simply be put in to that category, yes there are many games to go and we play stoke and villa. But we have squandered points against those teams around us. For the last month maybe two months, I have believed the motivation is simple. Premier league football next season. Yet although performances have been sporadic if at least a few clean sheets, the results haven''t come. Yes we have been unlucky but this week we leave it on the field.

I have watched many sports were players are crawling off the field etc, its about time our players rose to the challenge, we have fresh blood, tried different formations and yet we still cannot hold it. I believe with Whittaker and tettey we now have two of our better players in the first 11 but right now it is not what is on paper.

It is about getting three points now, lets just get those three points and stay that little bit ahead of the pack. Stoke, villa and WBA are games that you could say we could and should pick up one result within... But we have been saying that all season.

Our players have to prove their ability, I do not think there would be many of the old guard (pre this summer) who will find a prem club sniffing if they don''t get enough points now.

We all thought we would crawl across the line, but by god we have been crawling since December and as much as Hughton may have got things wrong it is players who ultimately are on the pitch and allegedly have the quality. Our back four have been highly impressive, our midfield combative with quality in snoddy. It has to now come together over this coming weekend and those key 3 games.

There a lot of players playing for the premiership wage next season maybe not a premiership starting place, they have not shown enough this year to say that we do not need more quality. Rvw is a sign of intent, we need to add to him.

A draw is not enough on Saturday, we need to put pressure in Wigan, it was like that with Cardiff when we went up, we always played before them over Easter, we won and they played catch up it can be demoralising. We have to get the three points, celebrate but know that the job is not done. Celebrate and take that into our next game... 3 points will not keep us up but 3 points this weekend will possibly start that run we could do with

And this weeks Captain Obvious awards goes to..

No no no. This is rubbish. Reading is not a must win game. A must win game is a game that, should we not win, seals our fate.

This game is not that game. Aston Villa will probably be the game we ''must win''.

This game, for me, falls under the title.....

''Probably can''t afford to lose.''

As does the Stoke away game.

Labelling a game ''must-win'' is ultimately unhelpful. There are 5 games left, of which 4 are in the winnable category. On the face of it, Reading and WBA appear the best opportunity for 3 points in my opinion, as WBA''s season is basically done and dusted already.

We don''t really want to leave it to that game of course, as that would be pushing it close, but ultimately if we happen to draw on Saturday, we will still be outside the bottom 3. It will just mean that we need to win one of the three games that follow.

If Wigan lose as expected tonight then they have a tough game at West Ham on Sat, who are decent at home, and those games in hand could evaporate quickly. I still believe 39pts will be enough.

[quote user="smooth"]I have watched many sports were players are crawling off the field etc, its about time our players rose to the challenge, we have fresh blood, tried different formations and yet we still cannot hold it.[/quote]

Think the thread is worth it for this quote alone. Still figuring out which sport requires these attributes.

Rtb Aussie rules football

But I can concur it is obvious what I am saying, but it clearly isn''t as our players have not got over the line yet. Roll on 3pm tomorrow.

[quote user="smooth"] I can concur it is obvious what I am saying, but it clearly isn''t as our players have not got over the line yet. Roll on 3pm tomorrow.[/quote]

Sorry, but it''s not a "must win".   No game is a "must win".    Must play well, must put in a performance, must keep the spirits up, must keep positive, must get behind the players, I might agree with,  but "must win"  sounds a bit desperate.    We have several opportunities to pick up points and a draw would not be a disaster.   I like the enthusiasm for tomorrow and it will (should) be a great atmosphere, but I hope we don''t spoil it with too high expectations.   We all want to see a good performance and as long as the team does that it will  help us keep the faith for the rest of the matches - whatever the result.