Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

it's great to have some excitment back in the season - isn't it

The last dozen or so games have been pretty dull affairs and the atmosphere in side CR has been missing - sorry I didn''t get to the Swansea game- now we have something to play for I think the games will be so much more exciting - it''ll be edge of the seat stuff for the next few games at least. Plus other games become relevant.

I for one much prefer this to the last 5/6 games being "just played out" how do you fancy being WBA fan for the next 4 weeks or so. - or have I got it wrong?

I think you''re right Drinks. There''s not much excitement mid-table premier league. From West Brom downwards the season''s aim is survival.

It is more exciting. It''s more of a slightly nervy excitement than pure joy. I can''t say that I wouldn''t prefer to be in WBA''s position though.

Davo

Not for me I''m afraid!

I crave a dull and meaningless set of matches at the end of the season as soon as possible.

This is because as soon as we have realistically secured our Prem status we can truly get excited about the transfer budget next season and seeing, potentially, some really exciting players in Canary shirts 2013-14.

Swap with WBA''s current position YES PLEASE!!!

Who would like to see the season wrapped up in the next couple of games and who would refer it to go the final game of the season for the excitement value?

I would like mathematical safety as soon as possible so that there are games left in which Hughton can try other options and the team can be assessed when playing without pressure or fear of relegation.

I''d rather it not this way but Hughton has painted himself into such a corner where he is now left with no alternatative but to send a team out all-out to win.

If nothing else it will be a good test to see whether he is actually capable of it at all as a "dress rehersal" in readniness for next season whichever league we''re in?

If we''re in a league lower and he''s still here, there''ll be plenty of "must wins" for a side presumably looking to gain automatic promotion.

Excitement? I think this is symptomatic of the Premier League. The only excitement we are likely to experience is a "great escape".

We aren''t going to win the league, we got to the quarter finals of the League Cup and no-one was really bothered, we played our reserve team in the FA cup and lost to a non-league side.

So threat of relegation is our most likely source of excitement, why were we all so pleased to get here if this is it? Mid table championship with 10 games to go, dreams of the play-offs but not yet safe from the trapdoor of League 1, every game with something on it. If it''s excitement you want, then the Championship is the place to be... although I''m sure the club can give you 75 million reasons why it isn''t.

Once we have survived this season and invested heavily in the squad from our excellent financial position I think that excitement should come through the cup competitions and a final appearance - that should be our aim for the next 3 years.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]Who would like to see the season wrapped up in the next couple of games and who would refer it to go the final game of the season for the excitement value?[/quote]Excitement value ? If we need anything at the Etihad on May 19th we''ve had it. I thought our record against Coventry was bad enough but this lot are in a different League ( in more ways than one )Let''s just get the points we need asap.

SYG it''s likely to be the only excitment for the next few seasons if we stay in this league. The financial reward as we know is massive  but is the premier league all it''s cracked up to be if you are not a top six team?

At least a relegation battle for financial reward is exciting - if not a little bit nervy - for us fans

I see where you''re coming from mate, yes it adds a little something extra, and you wake up with that match day buzz I guess.

C''mon city...