Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If you had the option

they''re fantastic at the time, but a last minute winner v reading is not something we need right now...

if it was the last possible option, then of course the last minute winner. but we need a confident, comfortable win to boost ourselves going forward and our GD

Well now if it was a match I was attending, like Saturday, then I''d go for the comfortable 2/3-0 because the atmosphere would be brilliant. But if I was stuck here watching it on the wireless with the infamous "match report" for company I''d take the last minute winner[;)]

You''d probably get more responses if you offered a third option of a 0-0 draw, that will give the apocaloptimists something to talk about for another week.I''d go for a few scored early as tbh I do miss watching a good portion of a match knowing we''re going to win so I''d settle for a comfortable 3-0 win, even if all three are scored in the first half.[:)]

[quote user="Zak Burger"]You''d probably get more responses if you offered a third option of a 0-0 draw, that will give the apocaloptimists something to talk about for another week.

I''d go for a few scored early as tbh I do miss watching a good portion of a match knowing we''re going to win so I''d settle for a comfortable 3-0 win, even if all three are scored in the first half.[:)]
[/quote]

That seems pretty faitr to me Zak. Everyone happy including your apocaloptimists who could draw great comfort from the second half performance....

You''d settle for any win, of course, but this is the time for the players to show their quality and get a comfortable win, please. We can do the last minute last gasp stuff another time.

Comfortable 2 or 3 goal margin for me! I want the reassurance of a dominating display, send out a message that we arnt going anywhere. As has been said, last minute goals are always fun but not in the current context and not for what it would do for the team to have the crowd getting tenser and more rattled in the 89 minutes prior. I dont expect this to be a walk in the park, but we ARE a much better team than reading and its time to really put one on a bottom 3 side at home.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]I''d go for a few scored early as tbh I do miss watching a good portion of a match knowing we''re going to win so I''d settle for a comfortable 3-0 win, even if all three are scored in the first half.[:)][/quote]Too true. I''m fed up taking years off my life every time I watch City this season.But 3-0 up at HT ? That would be nice except the last time we did it we ended up just on the right side of a 4-3 scoreline.This season has been agony to be honest.

I think everyone loves the drama of a last minute winner - but agree with the comments that this week we need an early goal to settle the crowd and players and ease the tension that will inevitably grow the longer the game remains nil nil or god forbid we go behind.

I would hate a last minute winner. We should be beating this team 2 or 3-0 in all honesty.

[quote user="Nicko"]I would hate a last minute winner. We should be beating this team 2 or 3-0 in all honesty.[/quote]

No we shouldn''t...

If we should be beating this team 2/3-0 then we shouldn''t have beaten Man.U, Arsenal etc. and playing games of football would be pointless, because the results have already been determined. So no, we shouldn''t be beating this team 2/3-0, we could, but not should.

I''d settle for the easy win but I think this game will echo our match with Wolves last season.

We will take a comfortable lead, reading will pull one back and we will hang in desperately for a vital but exhausting 2-1 win.

Yep, convincing win with little or no tension please.

I don''t want 0-0 after half an hour and then someone to look up from their phone saying "Wigan have scored....Stoke are 2-0 up now...." etc etc, the moans and tension that would create will go around the ground like a dose of the novovirus.

Its a lot to ask but an early goal (what defines an early goal? First five mins, first ten?) would be great, if that happened and the Reading players heads dropped with the noise going up with it then we might have an enjoyable afternoon.

La Fondre worries me if he''s playing, bit quick and a proper poacher, hope Seb and MT have their wits about them.

I agree and i''d happily take a 1-0 win right now. Anyone who thinks because its Reading we should stuff 3 or 4 obviously wasn''t at the Luton match .[quote user="ROBFLECK"]doesnt fooking matter, as long as we win...[/quote]

A mo brainer really. A convincing win -- not just for a change, but because even if we win we''re not quite safe yet, thus I expect plenty of nervous moments during the run-in anyway.

We have too many older fans with dicky tickers, time to think of them!

Seeing as we have not won a single game by more than a single goal, please can we have a 5-0 win all goals in the first 15 minutes will do, then we can party for the last 75 minutes.

Thanks

Am I right in thinking that the only ''comfortable'' victory we''ve had this season was Wigan at Carrow Road?

If not then we have to go back to Lambert''s trouncing of Villa at the end of 2011-12!

Last minute winners are great. However, a win by more than one goal would be far more preferable on this occasion.It would be better to see the team build their self-confidence and demonstrate they are able to take the lead and confidently hold onto it without parking the bus on the edge of their own penalty area.