Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

All this "Yellarmy" business

Can Archant please kindly s*d off with this embarrassing nonsense.

We are not some sort of smalltime outfit like the sc*m down the road.

We don;t need the EDP and the EN to tell us in the most patronising way possible that this is a huge game and we need to support the team.

We are not the muggy "Yellarmy" - which does not even make sense anyway!

All of this smacks of Pickover. I wish he would concentrate his over the top rabble rousing on his favourite grubby little outfit down the road (as City 1st would refer to them) and just leave us to get behind our team as we always do in times of need.

Agree with NCFCstar, snakepit has also been disappointing.

when I came back to the UK in dec. I was very much looking forward to being in the snakepit and barclay for the home games.

every game I went to has been disappointing atmosphere wise.

Everton was decent.

If the atmosphere is good tomorrow (which I suspect it will be) its because the fans know its a big and important game and not because the local paper tells us to shout louder or hands out green and yellow cards.

Agree 100%

Twitter is nonsense getting something ''trending'' like that is slightly embarrassing

I look forward to hearing the families in the Jarrold rustling their packets of Haribo in unison.

Tell this to the fans who will almost certain boo Norwich off at half-time if they aren''t winning.

Last Saturday showed what can happen the home fans get onto their teams back an add pressure onto them - this kind of atmosphere has to be avoided on Saturday at all costs.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]I look forward to hearing the families in the Jarrold rustling their packets of Haribo in unison. [/quote]

Haha. For the fiftieth time, the Jarrold is full of noise. When the crowd is active we are there.

Trouble is, too many cannot differentiate between noise and singing. We don''t often sing. The cheering and shouting of encouragement is there. It is just as much support as singing except for some fans who want to be superior.

Same is true of the River End. The noise when we get a corner there is always substantial.

I completely agree with Javiers Deaf translator and I left half way through last season to live in

Australia and Swansea was my first game back... frankly I was shocked by

how quiet it was, the OTBC at the start (im not a fan of it, but still

join in) was mumbled out and then an silence fell on the ground that I

havent expereinced since.. well to be honest, probably the relegation

season. I commented to my friend who I go with who said it had got worse

as the season went on, and to be honest I wouldnt be suprised at all if

it got to the players.You then had Kamara waving his hands at

the crowd to get them pumped up and Snodgrass doing the same after his

goal..... I find that embarrasing, that we are the home team and our

players are having to try and get us to make some sort of an atmosphere.

Embarrasing, well to be honest that would be the concept that

Carrow Road is an intimidating place for opposition players and fans to

come. It use to rock, my last game before I left for Oz was the 0-0

against chelsea at home where we shut them out, depsite the efforts of

Torres and the new and on form Mata. It was a 0-0 and the atmosphere was

as if we were winning the game, every tackle every drive forward

greeted with a Roar going up from the stands. This odd attitude in the

stands, fear, expectation I dont know... it DOES get to the players and

it needs to change back.Its embarrasing that its got to the

point the club feels the need to do this. Someone once said ''to the

greatest football supporters in the world, we need a 12th man.... where

are you?'' frankly its never had more relevance!

Well f*ck off back to oz then !

Seriously I go to most home games and I can''''t say i have noticed a big difference this year.

I suppose under lambert we always seemed to score late goals so the anticipation was always there.

If you would have said that one of my greatest games would be against Derby in the championship I would have laughed but it don''t get much better than that.

I reckon it will be good tomorrow though.

[quote user="Firedawg"]Well f*ck off back to oz then !

Seriously I go to most home games and I can''''t say i have noticed a big difference this year.

I suppose under lambert we always seemed to score late goals so the anticipation was always there.

If you would have said that one of my greatest games would be against Derby in the championship I would have laughed but it don''t get much better than that.

I reckon it will be good tomorrow though.[/quote]Oh pal, I could if i would, football is only one (though still big) part of my life. So what is the issue with what ive said? Ive been a season ticket holder all the way up to the point I left, though thick and thin and it was noticable.. hence this big get everyone riled up campagin from the press and the club? I want a good atmosphere and the orignal point of this thread was that it was embarrasing or small time for the club to be doing this; I disagree and think that its not and will help create the atmosphere that was lacking at the start of the swansea game

To top it all off we''ve now got 26,0000 of those sodding clapper things as well.

Totally, totally, tinpot.

Well said Jim.....and now I can''t believe this clapper business.

What is wrong with these people always complaining about our support and noise level. What an absolute nonsense.

Foe example, Swansea, we were so dire for the first 30 minutes or more, the crowd became well more bored even than anxious. Desperate to get behind the team we needed some form of demonstration of fight from the team. It needed Johnson to galvanise that support.

To have Archant go on and on about the support is embarrassing . Funny can''t remember stupid campaigns in the previous three years but then the very nature of the football had you on the edge of your seats.

Before my ''chums'' on here breath down my neck, I''m not having a go at Hoots, it''s just a fact of life!!

After going to half the away games this season I think most grounds are quiet unless the fans think they get a bad decision then it livens up a bit.

We have had the daft clappy things before if I remember correctly or something similar.

I do think the game has changed radically in the last twenty or thirty years - even my mrs likes going and she never would have dreamed of going in the seventies. And we have the X factor music on the player''s entrance so we might as well have ''Applaud now'' signs that flash up on the screens !

Unfortunately it is more of a business now rather than a sport the higher up the leagues you go.

Just chuck em on the floor and continue supporting the team as you have been!

Totally tinpot move by NCFC and Archant.

Oh and birchfest my son has been in oz for nearly two years after being a season ticket holder for the last four and he says the only thing he misses about the UK is Norwich !

I asked what is better in oz and he answered without realising ''Only the weather, money and lifestyle'' oh is that it then !

[quote user="Firedawg"]Oh and birchfest my son has been in oz for nearly two years after being a season ticket holder for the last four and he says the only thing he misses about the UK is Norwich !

I asked what is better in oz and he answered without realising ''Only the weather, money and lifestyle'' oh is that it then ![/quote]Hahaha pretty much the same, I really missed Norwich and in particular the match day ritual I have with my dad, but Australia was pretty magic... and I could pick up almost all the games on the TV... though in thr early hours of the morning!

At least it against Reading - they are use to these kind of things at their games also. I went there to watch a game once and there was a free orange on every seat. When Norwich get to the stage of giving out free fruit then we can truely complain.

I''m finding all this quite tricky to understand... The team are under performing on a regular basis, and this is evident in our points tally and being only 4 above relegation. The football hasn''t been great, and thus the fans have been getting wound up and you all come on here to vent about it. The team have come out and asked for support and noise, as have the club. I agree the atmosphere inside Carra has been alot quieter at times this season apart from a few games.... So... where is the problem? The team want noise, the fans want better football... the fans are also moaning about the noise too...yet the fans aren''t doing the noise. What other way is there to try and get it going than the club trying to help out? Perhaps instead of gassing and making noise on here, you should be doing it at the games cause im pretty sure pissing and moaning on here wont help the team over the line.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]At least it against Reading - they are use to these kind of things at their games also. I went there to watch a game once and there was a free orange on every seat. When Norwich get to the stage of giving out free fruit then we can truely complain.[/quote]Could be interesting. If the old boys in the City Stand slumped straight down as usual there''d be one hell of a queue outside A & E [:D]Seem to remember Archant trying something similar when we slid into League One. That didn''t turn out too well did it ?

We wouldn''t need all this American style nonsense if Chris Hughton would

only send his team out to get into the opposition from the first

minute. I really hope we do in which case we should win this one fairly

comfortably with or without the '' happy clappy '' things.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]At least it against Reading - they are use to these kind of things at their games also. I went there to watch a game once and there was a free orange on every seat. When Norwich get to the stage of giving out free fruit then we can truely complain.[/quote]Could be interesting. If the old boys in the City Stand slumped straight down as usual there''d be one hell of a queue outside A & E [:D]Seem to remember Archant trying something similar when we slid into League One. That didn''t turn out too well did it ?

We wouldn''t need all this American style nonsense if Chris Hughton would

only send his team out to get into the opposition from the first

minute. I really hope we do in which case we should win this one fairly

comfortably with or without the '' happy clappy '' things.