Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Norwich vs. Reading predictions

[quote user="Surely"]If Ruddy plays : A thumping 4-1 win for Norwich. Kamara gets a brace, Holt and Johnson.

If Bunn plays : another "looking over the shoulder" approach and a 1-1 draw.[/quote]so, if Ruddy plays we concede the same amount of goals, but magically we score four times as many, which he can only have minimal influence over. not the most logical assessment i have read. 2-0 to city.

I have this nagging fear that we have not lost at home to a so called lesser team this year, Reading are playing for pride and new contracts with premiership teams so might be up for the game.

I hope that Pilks, Snodders and Bassong are fit and Ruddy get''s the nod in goal.

I think we are going to lose 2-1, just a gut feeling but my head is saying 1-0 to us as we have been good at home. It is strange that we have not won by a bigger margin then 1 goal all season.

Star, he''ll have more than a minimal influence on the whole team if he returns. We played better football overall when Ruddy was in the team. Just because he''s a GK doesn''t mean his influence stops outside the penalty area. He breeds confidence. In his defence, which moves into the midfield and into attack. If you fail to see that then fine, but there is clearly a difference in our game since Ruddy has been out,

LOL chops, that is scarily accurate.

Onto the prediction. Whenever I feel optomistic and predict us to win, we never do. So on that note...

Norwich 1 - 2 Reading :(

OTBC

[quote user="Gingerpele"]ROBFLECK Please go look at the last two results.[/quote]OK Ginger a Turner hattrick then lol

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I can see three outcomes:Norwich 3 Reading 1.One "well done" thread started on the Pink Un, which quickly becomes a "Get over it, we only beat Reading FFS" thread.Or Norwich 1 Reading 1Thirty-six new threads started on the Pink Un, one of which blames Chris Hughton for the Crimean War and the price of dishwasher tablets.Or Norwich 1 Reading 2Sports Desk Pete has to wire up twelve new servers to cope with all the "Told You So" posts from ''Norwich fans''.

[/quote]

[:D]

As for twelve servers, that''s a conservative number when you consider we''ll have at least 3000 new members join the forum..

Norwich 0 Reading 4

Ruddy will start and then injure himself clearing a dodgy Tettey passback, no keeper on the bench because Hughton sacrificed him to make way for another defender.

Wes will then take over the gloves and does well until he goes on a Grobbelaar and loses it trying to beat Le Fondre for the 5th time and he rolls the ball into the empty net. 0-1 at halftime.

Second half, Holt gets booked for removing his shirt, not because he has scored but because he has spilt gravy down his front from his half time pie. Within ten minutes of the restart it''s 0-3, the Reading players deciding to shoot on sight as Wes can''t reach the crossbar. Holt loses his cool and questions the lino''s parentage, up goes the flag, out comes the card, we''re down to 10 men.

Hughton responds by bringing on Whittaker.

With only 10 men we struggle to get the ball as Readings well oiled passing machine fizzes the ball with relentless precision. It''s easy to see why they are a better side than us. Sections of the crowd applaud their play and indeed when Hal Robson-Kanu taps in after a 329 pass move the whole River End stand and applaud while shouts of BRAVO!! can be heard in the Upper Barclay.

So, 0-4.

We give them a standing ovation, our players form a guard of honour for the departing Royals and we give Adkins the Freedom of Norwich as a reward.

All on the Pink''Un remains Situation Normal.

her''s my go:

Norwich score early - the long awaited Johnson thunderbolt from 35 yrds.  We spend the rest of the game defending deeper and deeper.  Reading create some good chances.  Le Fondre misses an open goal on 88 mins.  We nervously see it out and win 1-0.

I''d be happy enough with 3 points...however we get them...

2-0 to Norwich

All the doom mongers die of shock as a result (that''s more of a hope than a prediction though...)

I predict a crazy game.

Reading arrive in a WTF mood and push forward.

Norwich play 2 up front and find loads of space.

It''s a reckless open game but the crowd, crucially, become involved as they''re watching attacking stimulating football.

The winning side makes fewer defensive mistakes.

Haven''t we got a history of vital results against Reading?

What I couldn''t take is a game decided by poor officials so I hope we keep 11 on the pitch and play against 11.

It''s time we did it or ourselves and stopped relying on other results.

all of the players and managers mood from the last week, including the injustice of arsenal and desire to stay in this league, will come out v reading.

we will win by 2 goals the very least for the first time this season.

Play as well as we can then 3-1 to city (KK, Turner and Snoddy for us, Le Fondre to nab one back)

Have an off day then I can envisage a nervy 1-0/1-1

Similar match to Wolves at home last year.

Reading are playing for pride now, and can be dangerous, so should not be underestimated.

I''d settle for the easy win but I think this game will echo our match with Wolves last season.

We will take a comfortable lead, reading will pull one back and we will hang in desperately for a vital but exhausting 2-1 win

going for 1-1 interesting to see city have least loses of the bottom 10 but cant turn draws to wins, going for another draw but please, hope i am wrong.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]I''d settle for the easy win but I think this game will echo our match with Wolves last season.

We will take a comfortable lead, reading will pull one back and we will hang in desperately for a vital but exhausting 2-1 win[/quote]

Damn. Not often I get them right. Could so easily have been the easy win though. I really thought we would get a third as we looked so comfortable for a while.