Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Norwich vs. Reading predictions

0-0 or 1-1

Very nervy game. Everyone thinking we''re doomed. Lose to Stoke. Beat Villa and West Brom for a comfortable mid table finish.

What, no loss Mr Seat 7?! I sense you''re cracking... ;-)

Not a laughing matter really though. I suggest 2-1, with a dodgy decision going our way.

I don''t think Reading have enough to beat us and we''ve not lost many at home at all, but I also think we will struggle to win the game.

We have enough to win the game, but the ''enough'' we have is not necessarily set out in the right way in order to go and get the win. Think another negative home display and a scrappy, frustrating 2-2.

If Ruddy plays : A thumping 4-1 win for Norwich. Kamara gets a brace, Holt and Johnson.

If Bunn plays : another "looking over the shoulder" approach and a 1-1 draw.

Sorry, but I can''t see us winning. I hope that we can restrict Reading to one goal, and that we somehow manage to score one ourselves.

Unless CH and his players have worked on something different this week, or we have a little luck, it could be a real struggle to score - Turner has scored two of our last three? Our attack is toothless. I really hope that Pilks is fit and ready to do something special.

Any fan who can''t see why people are doubting whether we can win this game should look at the 1 win in 16 stat and see that no team is a guaranteed three points in this league.

Even though they are bottom, Reading will be coming here and fancying the win. As soon as people start assuming we will win this game (which many fans have done) we are in trouble.

I''m sticking with a final points tally of 37. I think that could relegate us, but we shall see. Don''t think we will win again this season.

I think it is a must win, I certainly do not think it is three points in the bag and whoever these fans are need to assess where we are, because we have not beaten any of the teams around us.

This has to change and it feels like we have been saying it against lowly opposition, Wigan away, Soton at home.

We have to be dominant and want this game more, we need to be ruthless in the challenge, in our pressure and an area we have been pretty poor is decision making and execution. No excuses we have to make the right ones and go for it.

For me I can see us winning this game, I just think we have to win and then get a run going.

2-0, I just think reading have lost that goal threat and I feel we will get on in the first half and then a nervy wait before a second in the middle of the second, holding on at the end to a two goal lead.

Johnson finally to score this season and snoddy.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Any fan who can''t see why people are doubting whether we can win this game should look at the 1 win in 16 stat and see that no team is a guaranteed three points in this league.

Even though they are bottom, Reading will be coming here and fancying the win. As soon as people start assuming we will win this game (which many fans have done) we are in trouble.

I''m sticking with a final points tally of 37. I think that could relegate us, but we shall see. Don''t think we will win again this season.[/quote]

I think that the importance of Ruddy to the team cannot be over estimated. If he starts on Saturday that will give the team and the defence in particular a massive boost. Holt will start and will be hungry for goals. The constantly improving Kamara will start and he too will be eager to score. On this basis, I think we will beat Reading and west brom and draw with Stoke and the Vile. So 43 points for me.

We need to play high temp pressing game and we''ll win easily. If we play this slow tempo lethargic football I thnk we''ll draw and deserve to be relegated.

For me this is going to go one of two ways.

We will either go crazy and thrash them, 4-0, Holty getting 2 or 3. Or we''ll be very poor and scrape a 1-1 draw. I don''t expect either to happen because my football predicting skills get worse every week. Horses on the other hand ;)

That is where some people are getting silly: saying on balance that you believe we''re unlikely to win a given game such as this one is negative on its own. But it''s a whole other world away from then saying we "can''t win" the game. Regardless of the relative form or league positions, any team ''can'' beat any other, as several results have shown this season.

To me there''s not even any internal logic in saying we ''can''t'' beat any given team - let alone at home to a club lower than us. Notwithstanding our recent form and the various comments of no pressure on them / still fighting for their lives... either of which, if you swallowed them together, suggest that it would be a tough game but self-evidently neither guarantees the lower club the win.

Very true - people were saying we had no chance of getting anything at the Emirates and we could easily have got all 3 points.

When we went to Reading they were scoring freely and had just had that infamous game to Arsenal  - was it 3-0 up and they lost 7-3 or something equally ridiculous.  So Hughton set us up to keep it tight and it was utterly dull.  Reading''s main tactic was to try to win a free kick in our half by falling over and when the ref bought it (which wasn''t too often TBF) they just pumped the ball into the box.  At the far end we produced little more.

Now on Saturday I really hope we get at them and try to control the game and pressure them whenever they have the ball, and try to create chances without going mad.  If we can get a goal early and push on we''ll be fine.  What would be worrying is if it''s 0-0 after 60 minutes.

Laudrap probably thought the same SYG when he brought Sanwsea here a week and a half ago...

Such short memories some people have...

If Ruddy plays : A thumping 4-1 win for Norwich. Kamara gets a brace, Holt and Johnson.

If Bunn plays : another "looking over the shoulder" approach and a 1-1 draw.

Wow!! Great assessment because Ruddy didn''t concede 5 against Fulham and Liverpool. Oh hang on....

Bassong wasn''t playing in those games.

Apart from the two games Bassong didn''t play in, and the game he was visibly unfit in, Ruddy was a much better commander than Bunn, the combo of him and Bassong made even Barnett a solid defender. Some people are saying Turner is playing better, or even a better defender than Bassong recently. But go back to the last game he missed, Turner made a few poor mistakes and people were calling him poor once again, like after his debut. Ruddy, and Bassong make the defence. We aren''t as defensively solid without Ruddy, stats may or may not back that up, but watching games certainly does.

And go watch those 10 goals in those two games you mention and tell me how many were Ruddy''s fault please. Because I can''t remember anyone blaming Ruddy or saying he was poor, in fact against Fulham I think some even said he was one of our better players...

So, SYG, you can''t see where two goals will come from - how about our last home game?

I can understand people being pessimistic to an extent, we are hardly setting the world alight with our form, but some seem to be wallowing in it rather too much. All good/bad runs are broken at some point and our home rorm has been pretty decent so this weekend surely represents as good an opportunity as we''ll get. I don''t think it will be easy against a side fighting for survival, but it suggests an open game that I don''t see why we shouldn''t come out of with the points. But what will be will be - some will tell us that if we don''t win we''ll go down , this is of course not true.

2-0 Norwich

I never remember Ruddy being poor, but I thought he wasn''t that good when we first got him, but then of course he was settling in. Not that it took him long to do

I can see three outcomes:Norwich 3 Reading 1.One "well done" thread started on the Pink Un, which quickly becomes a "Get over it, we only beat Reading FFS" thread.Or Norwich 1 Reading 1Thirty-six new threads started on the Pink Un, one of which blames Chris Hughton for the Crimean War and the price of dishwasher tablets.Or Norwich 1 Reading 2Sports Desk Pete has to wire up twelve new servers to cope with all the "Told You So" posts from ''Norwich fans''.

2-1. We''ll score early, then late, after their''s hits the net at around 61mins 37seconds. I''ve turned my balls to crystal and can see the scoters are Mr. Snodgrass & Mr. Kamara.

1-0, Turner header from a free kick like against Villa.Expect the game to be very dull and hard-fought, like when we beat Stoke 1-0 at home earlier in the season.