Sign in to follow this  
super canary

start planning for next season

I suspect you''re right however he''ll always be a legend here. If he does go it should be with the grateful affection and appreciation of all City fans and the wish that he''s successful in his remaining career.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]I suspect you''re right however he''ll always be a legend here. If he does go it should be with the grateful affection and appreciation of all City fans and the wish that he''s successful in his remaining career.[/quote]
+1

The bigman has brought us up to where we are he has his big payout now so good luck Holt he has deserved it. would like to see him stay next season and come off the bench and bag a few goals aginst the big clubs.

Worked hard, and played some phenomenal stuff for us. A bit off the boil at the moment, but how massive is he in the squad? How big a presence is he in the dressing room?

He''s captain for a reason. Even if he isn''t playing much, I''m sure he''s a vital member of the squad in terms of morale and leadership.

I wouldn''t get rid too quickly

[quote user="AJ"]Worked hard, and played some phenomenal stuff for us. A bit off the boil at the moment, but how massive is he in the squad? How big a presence is he in the dressing room?

He''s captain for a reason. Even if he isn''t playing much, I''m sure he''s a vital member of the squad in terms of morale and leadership.

I wouldn''t get rid too quickly[/quote]+1

I was glad to see Holt put in a real team display today, particularly at the end of the game.

I''m pretty sure he will be off. I''d like to see him go to Celtic, play a little Champions League and pick up a couple of medals. I also hope it benefits his personal life.

Holt has the chance, along with others, to put an PL 2nd season survival on his CV, under a new manager and after a disrupted pre-season, that''s something to be really proud of!

If he doesn''t score for us again, to play like today to the end of the season would be true to his history at Norwich City. I feared it would end in ignominy but in today''s mind-set he would go with his head held high as it should be.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]I suspect you''re right however he''ll always be a legend here. If he does go it should be with the grateful affection and appreciation of all City fans and the wish that he''s successful in his remaining career.[/quote]

I totally agree Dr Crafty. [Y]

I really don''t think Holt will leave.

It seems very likely Chris Martin will be off. Jackson probably as well. Kamara may or may not sign, i''m sure he''d like to. For us, probably depends on the fee, he''s been a decent player but isn''t influential enough to demand too higher fee. And Becchio has hardly played, don''t know if he''ll leave, would be a bit odd. But then again, Hughton went with Kamara rather than him when it was time to drop Holt. And brought Holt back in before Becchio. So, if he can''t get a chance when its only Holt and Kamara he''s in competition with, how''s he going to cope with RVW?

Plus when you take into account RVW said we''d be signing 2 wingers and an AM, you''d assume at least one of those wingers would be real quality to directly provide competition, and one maybe young more backup for a couple seasons. Many think we need a new CM as well, weather Hughton does is another question. Garrido or another LB. Probably a new CB to replace Barnett, as Ayala doesn''t seem to pulling up too many trees in the Championship, and as well as Barnett may have done for Cardiff, seems quite likely they''ll want to keep him, and he''ll probably want to stay.

Could be quite a bit leaving list, Camp, Tierney, Barnett, Ayala, Fox, Smith, Surman, Adeyemi, Butterfield, Kamara and Jackson all potentially could move on in one form or another. And although most on that list have played very little part, we do need replacements, and quality replacements. No point letting players go if you aren''t going to replace with better (unless of course they force their way out). Adding Holt to that list may be too much.