Sign in to follow this  
Becchio the magnifico

FA Youth Cup - murphys

Thought they showed elements that are missing in our senior first team, and that is the desire to take the ball and attack defenders... And be relentless in that task. Heads didn''t drop if they lost the ball and they kept at it.... The fact that you have players on the field doing this puts the defence on the back foot all game.

Plus, the understanding between the pair - You just cannot teach that.

Sure, they''re greedy as hell, but anyone who understand where they are in their development knows that they''ve stepped ''down'' into the Youth squad and as such they are the stars of the team.

With that comes a lot of responsibility, and that manifests itself in the desire to show what they can do.

Sitting back and watching the itv4 coverage will do them a huge amount of good, self analysis is much more powerful and damning than what most coaches can get into your head.

Great prospects, and can''t wait to see them in the final - I think they will learn a lot between now and then.

Personally for me, the only doubts i had was on their finishing and was really nervous when Josh stepped up at the end... But he put the pen home sweet. So maybe it was nerves.

It''s the first time i''ve seen them play and was smiling throughout.

Thought it was a great match, which i slowly found myself, like most of the crowd getting in to it far more than i initially expected.

Since i posted this thread has become far too positive for my liking.[:D]

Haven''t any bell ends got out of bed yet ? [;)]

Last night Kathy and i had to listen to some guys behind us whinging and whining about everything from ''throwing'' a lead away at Arsenal to why do we keep changing the shirts every season and that we will lose at Stoke.

Why oh why do these idiots bother to turn up at games like last night if it is only to be negative over everything connected to our club.Call me old fashioned but i thought last night was all about our young lads and giving them more confidence. How silly was i ? [:''(]

I was a little disappointed because of the hype & they''re not ready for 1st team football because of the ''decision making'' but it was clear to see that they''re incredibly talented & will make it at a good level (possibly here in the Prem),

Their pace & ability to go past players with such ease is something that can''t be added, they just need to be refined & learn when to use team mates. Given they''re only just 18, people should understand & realise they will develop.

Salopian wrote - "I think that they are great prospects, and they did make one or two passes in midfield to show that they can pass. When they have added shooting and delivery to their arsenal they will be top players."

Oh dear;

Jacob Murphy 2012/13 all competitions 3 assists 15 goals

Josh Murphy 2012/13 all competitions 12 assists 4 goals

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Salopian wrote - "I think that they are great prospects, and they did make one or two passes in midfield to show that they can pass. When they have added shooting and delivery to their arsenal they will be top players."

Oh dear;

Jacob Murphy 2012/13 all competitions 3 assists 15 goals

Josh Murphy 2012/13 all competitions 12 assists 4 goals[/quote]KAPOW![:D]

both reminded me of young Theo Walcott''s wouldn''t mind at all if they turned out to be. Criminal that some are having a go though they are learning their trade just as anyone has to.

I am all for constructive criticism. But some of this stuff on here as gone a bit too far. They are both 18 years old and still raw. Better decision making will come with more experience. It is very rare that you get a Luke Shaw who is already not far off being the complete article at that age.

Being our two stand-out attacking players it is also understandable sometimes why they try to do things by themselves at times. I don''t think they would necessarily attempt that at first team level with players of greater ability around them.

As someone else has said I also enjoy their directness. It is very refreshing to see and its something I would like to see more of from the likes of Elliott Bennett and Anthony Pilkington. Both I believe could give opposing full backs a whole multitude of other problems to consider if they were.

Cannot believe any negative posts about any of our SEVENTEEN year olds last night, what an effort.

As for the Murphys, they were clearly the most creative and inlulencial players on the pitch last night.

What you said Simon. Dare I say it but their close ball control with pace reminded me of a certain Mr Hucks!

They may or may not make it to the top but they are very decent prospects.

i thought that their ball skill was tremendous. yes, they made mistakes, but at least their pace and control got them into positions to make those mistakes. if they are still making those same mistakes in 4 years time as 21 year olds, then you may have a reason to criticise, but for now just glory in their potential.. they, along with Wyatt, Toffolo, Morris and two or three others showed enough for us to get really excited for the future. OTBC[:D]

Can''t believe some of the pricks on this forum, who have literally no clue about football but still spout their nonsense.

For the most-part that''s okay, but when you''re looking at our brightest prospects, who have outstanding technical skill but still have lots of development to do (as to be expected) it''s absolutely fucking disgusting to read the first few posts of illiterate bullshit.

They looked pretty good to me, not perfect but good prospects. But you''ll always get bell-ends moaning for the sake of it.

[quote user="87canary"]If you aren''t trolling, you need to have a serious look at yourselves. THEY''RE SEVENTEEN YEARS OLD for christs sake. Are they really likely to be the perfect footballer at 17? Still obviously have a lot to learn, but a pair of wonderful prospects. As well as Harry Toffolo, RHJ and Ben Wyatt. We have a lot of talent in that squad.[/quote]

[Y][Y][Y]

Thought they made some good moves. They made mistakes. You can''t expect 11 young lads to play a perfect game when 11 grown men can''t. Practice makes perfect and the more games they play the better they''ll get at reading the game as well as playing it. Been said already but match experience will help loads.