Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

Becchio

Great result today!!!But does anyone know why Becchio wasn''t even on the bench today. I''ve read all the threads about Kamara and Holt, and whilst majority agree Holt might be approaching his last days with us, and jury still out on Kamara, despite all his commitment and enthusiasm, strikers are judged on their goals.And both Holt & Kamara have been playing, neither coming up trumps, and Kamara now one goal in nine, or is it ten games (I wonder if his goal against Everton came too early?) my real question is why we paid £3.5m for Becchio, who had scored 19 goals for a poor Leeds, was high on confidence, but just hasn''t had any playing time with us whatsoever (especially when goals have been so hard to come by)What are people''s thoughts on this?

We should invent some conspiracy theory as to how Hughton has deliberately destroyed his confidence, just for comedy.Yeah, thats it.PS Your the man himself and I claim my ten pounds.

We didn''t pay £3.5 million for Becchio, no way on earth.

Unless you are accounting for Morison''s value plus a fee. But it was never confirmed what the fee was, and I saw just as many rumours saying we got money from the deal.

Anyway, don''t know why he was missing. Don''t know why he''s played so little. Don''t know why Hughton signed him. I like him, wanted him to sign before it was ever even a rumour. And would be happy to see him start a couple games.

Hughton told radio Norfolk that it was tactical, have something different to Holt and Kamara in the form of Jackson and Wes on the bench. Said that Becchio was still important and would be involved in the coming matches. Personally I rate him as a good poacher who has cut it in the Championship in the last two seasons... frankly people who come out and say stuff like ''oh he isnt cut out for this level'' are talking about something we all dont really know, he hasnt been given a proper chance or run of games. I also dont think McNally would ever sign someone for the sake of it, look at the way RVP and Hooper were handled, we arnt a club that throw money about, he would have been a target for city even if not number 1 behind some of the others.

[quote user="Norwich or die tryin"]I really hope he starts at Stoke he deserves a chance. Time for Kamara to be benched.[/quote]Time for Kamara to be benched based on what?His fantastic performance today?

gingerpeleApols on the price (it was speculated, but forgot about Morrison-how quickly we forget the past)I''m just suprised he hasn''t been given a chance, as he is a goal poacher, and given half a chance, I''m sure he''d have added to our rather shy goal tally.Here''s hoping we can nick another point or two in the four remaining games to be absolutely safe. Am sure the confidence will be much higher after today. They seemed to be playing with much ,more confidence after the second goal, and things only got tighter once the goal came out of the blue.

It could be that he''s put on a load of weight and is a red card waiting to happen.....

Or am I thinking of Holty.......

[;)]

Surprised he hasn''t had more of a chance, but credit must go to Kamara for keeping him out of the team!